Expecting #1 and over 30

there are plenty of non dairy "ice creams" that will satisfy you in the summer. I love soy but I know some people don't like the taste, the most neutral ones are the coconut milk ones :)

hi MsShona :) it's nice to have some more people that are earlier on here, I can't really join in the convo with many people here because I'm so far behind :haha:

oh and MrsC whenever you get time to update the first page can you put :yellow: :yellow: beside my name? :)

Hey ladies, hope you're all well!

If there's an update going on the first page can my due date please be changed to September 17th? Thanks! :)

I will try to update today (have to get on my desktop when she's asleep)...anyone else missing on there or need to update info?

Welcome Shona and star! Hope you have a wonderful pregnancy.

MrsC - not looking forward to those cluster feeding growth spurts but hopefully it won't be too long until it settles down.

My baby shower was so wonderful and I got tons of stuff. I'm so grateful o my friends and family.

Joining in here! I'm 33 (will be 34 when due date comes), & I'm due on 12/20/13.

Welcome to the group :)

Oh they were friendly and professional but blew everything out of proportion!!! For example they saw this little spot in Hayden's heart at the 20 week scan and said it was a marker and doybled my risk for downs and offered me their genetic counseling services. Whereas my doc said it was like a 1% chance it meant anything!!! But the days between my scan and when I finally saw my doc were super stressful!!! Made me mad :growlmad:

eep. :hugs:

Thorgeir´s bowen therapist wants me to quit dairy too, but I think that would be kinda pointless, as I´ll mostly stop breastfeeding in 2 weeks, meaning that he´ll be drinking the 7 weeks of frozen milk I have stored for him (which is of course also full of dairy...)

ZeeZ- Glad your shower was a success :)

My baby shower was so wonderful and I got tons of stuff. I'm so grateful o my friends and family.[/QUOTE]

AFM - I´m glad I´ve never had a problem with his supply... whenever he had a growth spurt, the extra milk was already there as I´ve been pumping from day one. :)

The last 12 hours have been hell! H refuses to sleep but is super tired and cranky. She's been feeding every 1.5 hours and crying a lot in between. It's been exhausting! I really think something is off...she's ill in some way cause she is very unhappy and seemingly uncomfortable. If she's still cranky in the morning, we might just have to call the ped...arg :cry:

The last 12 hours have been hell! H refuses to sleep but is super tired and cranky. She's been feeding every 1.5 hours and crying a lot in between. It's been exhausting! I really think something is off...she's ill in some way cause she is very unhappy and seemingly uncomfortable. If she's still cranky in the morning, we might just have to call the ped...arg :cry:

I hope she gets better soon :hugs:

Zee, glad your shower went well!

I hope baby H feels better soon!!

Preg_Pilot, I hope I'm as lucky as you've been with your milk!

I think I'm starting to show. Bought a belly band yesterday. My pants still fit, but I'm thinking I won't be able to button them soon. Question for you ladies....were you able to wear regular pants throughout your pregnancy or did you have to buy maternity pants?

I bought maternity jeans because I found the belly band uncomfortable. But I know people get by with their regular jeans and even just rubber bands! It's whatever is comfy for you :flower:

SO this realization makes me feel thick but my LO is simple congested and has a stuffy nose. She can't breathe very well and I think has postnasal drop that's irritating her further. She can't nurse well as she can't breathe well while latched and she wakes up in her sleep as breathing through her mouth is not natural for her. She's miserable cause she's tired and just uncomfortable :nope: Poor thing! There was just one boogie visible this morning that we got out but the rest is all up in her nose so we can't clear it...or at least don't know how! Any tips? I hate not being able to help her...

Have you tried a humidifier? I've also heard of people running the shower on hot to get the bathroom all steamy then feeding in there.

First page has been updated :thumbup: Let me know if it needs any corrections!

luna - are you planning to find out the genders or keep it a surprise? How are you feeling? You reminded me that I used to love the Silk Vanilla Soymilk ands topped drinking it as my main 'milk' because it started to mess with my thyroid. But I suppose a glass every other day can't hurt! This way I can go back to having my afternoon lattes :happydance: I've never tried nondairy ice creams as I'm an ice cream fanatic…but I suppose I should be open minded and at least TRY :flower:

Zeez - what were your favorite gifts?? I love learning about what is out there!

pilot - I've been off big dairy portions for over a week now but I'm not sure if there is really a difference…first, there was that growth spurt, now she's a bit ill…how am I to tell! But I guess I'll continue to avoid drinking milk by the cup, eating ice cream and other big dairy portions for another week and see. Then, I can try to reintroduce it and see if she gets crankier…I dunno…

SO I spoke to my pediatrician's office and they suggested saline drops and a humidifier. I also got a tip to keep her elevated so we let her sleep in the inclined bassinet all night and she slept SO WELL!!! I was a bit unsettled checking on her often to make sure she's breathing as I know incline sleeping poses an increased risk of SIDS but she was happier. I think I'm going to bust out with the little device we got at our shower that you pin to her diaper and it sets off an alarm if she stops breathing. Then, I can get some good sleep as well while she's in the bassinet!!! I was planning to return it as I am not as paranoid as I thought I would be when she's sleeping in her crib. I really thought I'd be too panicked to rest at night about SIDS but I've been fine…the incline bassinet is another story though…

She woke up at 8am, ate and then fed again at 8:40. Then started rooting and 'asking' for food at 9:45am again so I obliged and she fell asleep on me. Luckily I had pre wrapped myself in the Moby so I am able to get some stuff done while she naps. I'll see what she's like after all this sleep and food when she wakes up…I'm glad she's resting as she'll heal faster this way :sleep:

Wondering how Kmae and Loukachu are doing…they should be nearing their 20 week scans I think…or maybe not yet…my brain is way too foggy to do math!!!! :dohh:

SO today is the day!! :happydance: Not sure when I will be able to update, might be a couple days. Wish me luck!

Good luck Clarkey!!!!! Hope everything goes smoothly and looking forward to meeting your LO :hugs:

Good luck clarkey...will be thinking about you...I cannot wait to see pictures of your little one...

Mrs. C hope little H starts feeling much better soon...

Welcome to all new members..happy and healthy 9 months to all...

Preg pilot ok I changed my mind about 42 weeks....hoping for 39...

AFM…staying busy and tired these days..working full time and taking care of hubby as he is waiting on his ankle surgery…right now is scheduled for 24th of April…I cannot wait for them to do it so that he can start healing as now he is just waiting for swelling to go down…and his ankle is all mangled and hurting him…

I hope everything went swimmingly, Clarkeyness!!

Good luck taking care of your DH, Sasha!

Sbmack - Definitely had to buy maternity pants, but I was positively huge so...
Some ladies can use their regular pants throughout pregnancy, but I recomment buying something softer, as my lower belly got very sensitive in the last few weeks of pregnancy...

MrsChezek - Þorgeir has a stuffy nose too. He usually sleeps better slightly elevated, but in the last few days he´s preferred sleeping in his cart. It´s a little bit tighter around him, so his duvet is tucked snugly around him. He seems to like that these days.
I have a nasal spray I bought at a maternity store for LO. It works wonders, in seconds he´s sneezing and breathing through a clear nose :)
It´s called Sterimar nasal spray

I hope you can start drinking milk again soon. I don´t know what I would do, if I had to cut out dairy... :blush:

Clarkeyness - Ooh, good luck clarkey :happydance: looking forward to meeting you both. :D

sasha - hehe, I know the feeling ;)
I hope your hubby can have his surgery soon :hugs:

AFM - Finished ground training this week, have simulator next week. Work after that.
Þorgeir is feeling alright, has a slight cold, and an upset tummy, but that´s just business as usual. We´re going tomorrow to a Bowen seminar, where a therapist is teaching infant bowen techniques, using Þorgeir as his display patient :) (Þorgeir is basically getting a nice long free Bowen therapy session).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->