Expecting #1 and over 30

had my 12 week scan today. Turns out one of the babies stopped growing at around 6 weeks but other baby is doing great :)

Attachments

• 20130502_105315.jpg
    20130502_105315.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 20130502_105331.jpg
    20130502_105331.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 3
had my 12 week scan today. Turns out one of the babies stopped growing at around 6 weeks but other baby is doing great :)

Sorry to hear about the baby Luna. Your other LO looks beautiful! Definitely a little blessing.

Sorry about your loss luna! :hugs: lovely pics of your other LO!

Sasha - yay! So close...cannot wait to meet Nikolas!

Clarkey - what are your issues exactly? To increase production, try to feed as much as Jackson is willing to and as much as you can tolerate. If its very painful, then pump! Also, I would pump after feeding to make sure the breast was totally empty. You can also take fennel pills and eat oatmeal (which I do). I also drink 4 cups of mothers milk tea each day! Hope that helps...thinking of you! :hugs:

Sorry for your loss Luna, so glad one baby is doing well, your scan looks great :)

Love the little man Clarkeyness :)

Hayden just slept through for just shy of 9 hours!!!! I got 7 :happydance: Amazing!!! Such a fantastic milestone :yipee:

Clarkey - the best way to increase your production beyond what your little man needs, is do a cluster pump. Basically you pump every 2 hours for 2-3 days (a little longer between in the nights).
With a pump, you pump until the milk stops flowing, and then for 2-5 more minutes to encourage more production. (just make sure the nipple shield fits you, it gets painful quickly if it doesn´t).
If you don´t have a pump/don´t want to buy one, there are wonderful videos on youtube teaching you hand expression.
You can also take fennel and alfalfa root tablets to increase milk production, and stay away from Mint. Mint teas and the like reduce milk production.
Only give him extra formula when he´s hungry if it´s absolutely necessary, as his extra suckling will encourage your production.
I hope this helps :hugs:

Your boy is gorgeous :happydance:

Sasha - Yippee on things progressing, looking forward to hearing more.

So sorry for your loss Luna, good to hear the other baby is doing good :hugs:

Luna...sorry to hear about one baby but am so happy to hear that other one is doing well...I think his profile looks like a boy...but that is just my guess...are you all going to find out or are you going to be team yellow?

Preg-pilot and Chezek thanks on all of breast feeding advice since I am going to be there soon...and way to go Hayeden for sleeping 9 hours...awesome...

Hope you all are having a good weekend...

thanks everyone :)

We are team yellow. The lady the other day kept calling it a him when she was showing us stuff so hubby is convinced it's a boy, I'm pretty sure you can't see at 12 weeks but he won't believe me :haha:

Most techs just choose a gender and use it or it's hard to keep saying him or her! But maybe she did slip :winkwink:

clarkey - how are u doing? do you have any other questions? I found this one website SUPER helpful when I was struggling...check it out if you have a minute! xoxo
https://www.breastfeedinginc.ca/content.php?pagename=information

poppy - how are you doing???

I suffered through a plugged duct cause of the 9 hour streak but I managed to get it unclogged. It was a rough night but it's all behind us...hopefully! She slept another 8 hours last night so we're hoping this long stretch is here to stay!!!! FX :happydance: OK time to feed the monkey and put it to bed...hope everyone is having a great weekend!!

I'm doing ok thanks Mrs C. I really must log on using my laptop not my phone so I can uploads some photos of Olly. He's a delight & so easy.

The advice on breastfeeding is really useful as we're struggling majorly. Olly had a mild posterior tongue tie which he had clipped at 7 days old & as a result of the tongue tie he's not been able to latch on himself but now its done hopefully he'll get the hang of it. I'm expressing after every feed but he needs topping up with formula as he's so hungry. We're cup feeding him which is very cute to watch, if a bit messy! Do anyone have any advice about helping babies to relearn how to latch on? He's never done it without help.

I really will try to upload some photos very soon! :)

Good luck to those of you who are waiting for.bumps to turn into babies...being a mummy is the best thing ever! :-D xx

I'm doing ok thanks Mrs C. I really must log on using my laptop not my phone so I can uploads some photos of Olly. He's a delight & so easy.

The advice on breastfeeding is really useful as we're struggling majorly. Olly had a mild posterior tongue tie which he had clipped at 7 days old & as a result of the tongue tie he's not been able to latch on himself but now its done hopefully he'll get the hang of it. I'm expressing after every feed but he needs topping up with formula as he's so hungry. We're cup feeding him which is very cute to watch, if a bit messy! Do anyone have any advice about helping babies to relearn how to latch on? He's never done it without help.

I really will try to upload some photos very soon! :)

Good luck to those of you who are waiting for.bumps to turn into babies...being a mummy is the best thing ever! :-D xx

Þorgeir actually denied the breast for a while, preferred the bottle we had for him, even if we were using a special breast simulating teat. (medela calma bottle).
https://www.medela.com/IW/en/breastfeeding/products/breastmilk-feeding/calma-feeding-device.html

What I did to teach him to latch on properly again (took 2 days), was I started by lying mostly on my back (only slightly raised). I put Þorgeir on his stomach on my stomach, and let him search for the breast himself. Took a while, and a bit of crying, but he finally latched on.
The problem was, he was used to a fast flow from the bottle, so he got a bit impatient and stopped trying after a few tries.
I got a "help-breast" - basically a lact-aid system to enable him to get a faster flow, while we fixed his latch. (it´s a bottle with a thin tube, taped to the breast, giving extra milk while he´s learning how to drink properly).

Hello ladies! Sorry I haven't been on here for ages. I hope you are all well. I have had a quick read to try and catch up but so much has happened - congrats to all the babies! Just wanted to let you know that Isabelle Lucella was born on 31.3.13 at 7.52am weighing 7lb. Had a traumatic time - they couldn't find Izzy's heart beat so did a very rushed forcep delivery and I had an episiotomy. Baby was thankfully fine but I lost over 1 litre of bld so ended up having a bld transfusion as my BP dropped. All good now - but took a while to recover! Have had quite an emotional 6 weeks as the week before Izzy arrived DH mum died unexpectedly - so quite a few highs and lows!! It's been 5 weeks and I am still getting the hang of things - still breatfeeding but that was also a struggle!! It's good to read how you are all getting along!!

Jo xx

Joey1979 sorry to hear you have had a rough ride. Glad to hear things are improving now. Its hard work without all the other things life throws at us.

Hope you are having a good day x

Thank you Mrs C and Pilot..Still finding breastfeeding difficult :( Started taking fenugreek vitamins which helped a little. I put him to breast as much as he wants but feel he doesnt get enough, so I top him up with formula after. Thank you for the advice. I will definitely be checking out the website.
pilot- I do have a pump but find it difficult to pump when i feel like im always feeding. I will try that though :)

luna- sorry about your loss :hugs: baby u/s looks good!

joey- wow sorry about your loss and scary delivery :hugs:

Thank you Mrs C and Pilot..Still finding breastfeeding difficult :( Started taking fenugreek vitamins which helped a little. I put him to breast as much as he wants but feel he doesnt get enough, so I top him up with formula after. Thank you for the advice. I will definitely be checking out the website.
pilot- I do have a pump but find it difficult to pump when i feel like im always feeding. I will try that though :)

luna- sorry about your loss :hugs: baby u/s looks good!

joey- wow sorry about your loss and scary delivery :hugs:

I definitely know the feeling of not wanting to pump after feeding :)
For the first 3 weeks, all I did was feed LO, help him get to sleep, then pump. If I was lucky, I found time to eat and sleep a little...
Even if you can only pump for a minute or two, it helps with bumping your supply :hugs:

I don´t know what your options are, but if you can get help. Like someone coming over, to put baby to sleep, or clean a little for you while you try to relax, feed and pump, it´ll do wonders.
I didn´t have that option for the first few weeks, as both families had their own problems to deal with (surgeries, funerals and such).
What matters when establishing a good breastfeeding habit, is being able to relax, and take your time.

Yes, Clarkey, stress is a big factor in decreasing supply! So do try to relax, especially while breastfeeding or it will prevent let down :hugs: I hope it gets better for you soon!!!!

Joey - I'm so sorry for your loss and that life has been hard on you :hugs: I hope things ease up on you soon so you can enjoy your time with Izzy!

Poppy - do post some pics of Olly when you have a chance! :flower:

AFM Hayden has become a fantastic sleeper. She slep 9.5 hours through the night tonight! :happydance: I still have to get up and pump but hopefully soon I'll be getting a full nights sleep! I can't even remember what that feels like :haha: she also takes 2 naps during the day and we're slowly transitioning her not to take them on us. We fork lift her off of us when she falls asleep and she stays asleep which is nice! I'm actually getting some stuff done!!! I ordered her birth announcements finally - ill post an image of them on my journal today :kiss:

Joey sorry about all that has happened…

MrsChezek…so happy that little one is sleeping so good…and I cannot believe that she is already 2 + months old…

Just a quick update...had my Dr appointment plus ultra sound (since I am advanced maternal age)...everything has looked good and lo was moving like crazy which they said is what they want to see...he was also practicing his berating and fluid around him looked good...She has checked me for dilation (not crazy about that part lol) and this week I have gone from 1 1/2 up to 2 1/2 to 3cm....lot of cramping today but that could be from the exam...14 days from now we get to meet Nickolas :happydance:...I am getting little anxious about the delivery but he has to come out...HD has had his surgery 2 weeks ago and is slowly recovering...He cannot put any weight on his ankle for 10 weeks…He still has staples on both of sides of his ankle and is suppose to have them removed next Tuesday...I tell you it has been crazy about to get crazier...o yea this is my last full week at work, yippy, …my plan is to take a week off before LO but he might come sooner then that…well I guess I should go back to work ..you all have a good day…

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->