Expecting #1 and over 30

Sasha, it looks like you've got your ducks in a row....just waiting for little Nickolas now. It's too bad about your husband, but think of it this way...at least both his arms aren't broken and hell be able to hold the baby when he's born.

Mrs.C, I see in your signature that you're on the fence about cloth diapering. Is it something you're doing? We are going to and would love some feedback. My mother used cloth as did DH's parents. We have to at least try to. There's a diaper service not too far from me that I'm going to look into, but maybe I'll decide to wash them myself.

Sasha, it looks like you've got your ducks in a row....just waiting for little Nickolas now. It's too bad about your husband, but think of it this way...at least both his arms aren't broken and hell be able to hold the baby when he's born.

Mrs.C, I see in your signature that you're on the fence about cloth diapering. Is it something you're doing? We are going to and would love some feedback. My mother used cloth as did DH's parents. We have to at least try to. There's a diaper service not too far from me that I'm going to look into, but maybe I'll decide to wash them myself.

I mostly use cloth diapers.
It´s not a problem really.
To begin with, we were washing a load each day, but now it´s down to every 2-3 days.
Poo diapers also get less and less common as he gets older. (easier washing).
We do use disposable diapers in the night, as he gets really upset when he pees in the cloth diapers. (strangely poo doesn´t bother him at all).
It doesn´t bother him in the disposable ones.

I mostly use cloth diapers.
It´s not a problem really.
To begin with, we were washing a load each day, but now it´s down to every 2-3 days.
Poo diapers also get less and less common as he gets older. (easier washing).
We do use disposable diapers in the night, as he gets really upset when he pees in the cloth diapers. (strangely poo doesn´t bother him at all).
It doesn´t bother him in the disposable ones.

We also use cloth nappies and have no problems. I find them really easy, we have the one size fits all with poppers so they are a bit big on Poppy at the moment. We wash a load every other day.

Thanks for the input on cloth, ladies. I stopped by a local baby store today that offers a cloth diaper delivery and wash service. I'm debating on paying for the first few months while I get used to becoming a mom.

Sbmack - if you can afford it, I would definitely do the service while you recover from delivery and get used to parenting. I wish they had that were I live! I'm out of radius for all the ones that exist :nope:

Now I've been inspired to try it...mainly cause its getting hot and I can see that her booty is starting to turn red more. But none of her clothes will fit her over the cloth diapers :dohh: so I'll have to wash some of the 6 mos clothes first I guess. She's so tall for her age!! She keeps outgrowing stuff cause her legs don't fit. :wacko:

Poppy - do post some pics of Olly when you have a chance! :flower:

Finally got chance to upload a picture of our beautiful baby Oliver! We think he's a stunner :)

Attachments

• 013 - Copy (640x480).jpg
    013 - Copy (640x480).jpg
    28 KB · Views: 2
Thanks for the input on cloth, ladies. I stopped by a local baby store today that offers a cloth diaper delivery and wash service. I'm debating on paying for the first few months while I get used to becoming a mom.

It´s a good idea, for at least the first 6-8 weeks :)

Sbmack - if you can afford it, I would definitely do the service while you recover from delivery and get used to parenting. I wish they had that were I live! I'm out of radius for all the ones that exist :nope:

Now I've been inspired to try it...mainly cause its getting hot and I can see that her booty is starting to turn red more. But none of her clothes will fit her over the cloth diapers :dohh: so I'll have to wash some of the 6 mos clothes first I guess. She's so tall for her age!! She keeps outgrowing stuff cause her legs don't fit. :wacko:

I have the same problem with Þorgeir. He´s wearing his 6 month clothes now, as he´s so long. (3 months old in 2 days) :)

Poppy - do post some pics of Olly when you have a chance! :flower:

Finally got chance to upload a picture of our beautiful baby Oliver! We think he's a stunner :)

Wow, such a beautiful boy :) Congratulations!

Joey - congrats on your new arrival, sorry it was under such difficult circumstances but I’m glad you and LO are both doing well now.

clarkey and poppy – both of your Los are sooo cute. I love the pics.

sasha – I can’t believe you already have a date and it’s so soon! I think you were the last BFP before mine so really hitting home for me. Good luck!

luna - sorry for the LO that stopped growing. However the pics of the other one look great. Congrates on reaching 12 weeks – it’s a wonderful milestone because the biggest risks (and hopefully most symptoms) have past.

pilot - thanks for breast feeding info. Must bookmark it and come back when it’s my turn.

mrschezek – thanks to you too for the info. I can’t believe Hayden sleeping through already! Congratulations – you must be doing something right.

AFM – having my last growth scan next week. Baby is measuring a week ahead, is head down and sitting just above my pelvis but hasn’t dropped. I was having quite a lot of pelvic pain because of this but did a few of the exercises on spinning babies and it’s helped tremendously.

Yeah sasha!

Afm I finally feel like I can relax a bit. Hoping LO decides to bake a while longer but growth scan went well and if she comes early it won't be too big of a problem.

Also bought the last few items on my list so have everything except for the breast pump which has been ordered. The nursery still needs to be set up properly but she will be sleeping in our room at first and the crib is ready and waiting. Every thing left to do is nice if we get to it no biggie if we don't

How is everyone else doing?

Zeez - good to hear she´s doing well sizewize :)

We´re doing pretty well these days.
He had his first inoculations yesterday, has a slight fever since then.
He got paracetamol yesterday, and again today. Sleeping like a rock atm.
He´s been a bit fussy today, but nothing too awful.

zeez...glad to hear baby is doing well size wise...it is always good to hear good news...

afm..during my last appointment, Monday, I was 3 cm, 90% but negative 3 so he has not dropped yet...today I feel mighty crappy and I hate complaining since this is what I wanted for so long but I am getting so uncomfortable…I cannot sit as my back hurts so bad…had cramps of and on all day...been very emotional :cry:…it does not help that hd feels like crap due to his broken ankle…he has had surgery 2 weeks ago and was on pain meds now he is not on meds any more so his body is going through withdrawals…I swear why they give people things that body can get physically addicted in such a short period of time :nope:… and I just want to be pampered...anyway I think I am just ready to meet my boy…either way I have only 5 days until induction :happydance:..sorry to be so negative today...hope everyone is doing well...

Only 3 more days Sasha! Hang in there :hugs:

I'm traveling with little time to post but all is well...

Sasha only a few days left! Hang in there it does get uncomfortable towards the end!

Good luck with your induction. xx

Thanks MrsChezek and sportysgirl..Things have gotten better around here...it is calm before the storm :winkwink:...I was able to clean the house and do the laundry...I think lo was sitting on something that was pushing on my nerves in my back and was going all the way around to my belly which was making it hard to breath...and I was freaking out because I was thinking if I am not able to lay on my back how am I suppose to deliver this baby...he has moved since and I am feeling much better...hopefully he does not move back to that same spot any time soon...tomorrow might be different as my emotions are all over the place but today is good...hd feels much better too :happydance:..have dr appointment tomorrow again and they are doing ultra sound to see if Nickolas continues well (had them done at 37 and 38 weeks)...forgot the name of u/s but it is one where they measure fluid and watch lo if he is practicing breathing and if he is moving certain number of time in 30 minutes...he has past last two with flying colors :happydance:...btw they are doing this since I have turned 35 two weeks ago and am advanced maternal age which is considered high risk...Hope you all are doing well and are having good weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->