Expecting Twins? Come join!

KC - I took the 1 hour glucose test yesterday and I did not fast. My glucose result came back fine, but my white blood cell count was slightly elevated. My doctor said WBC count can be slightly elevated during pregnancy and told me not to worry about it so I am trying to go that route.... maybe your results were a little off because your doctor had you fast? YAY for getting to see your girls again!!

We had our 20 week anomoly scan on Thursday and the girls are doing well and weight 10oz each. I'm now booked in for appointments every 4 weeks and I have a glucose test booked in at 28 weeks. We do have to starve for ours from 9pm the night before :( and be in the hospital at 9 the next morning. They don't measure us in the UK so no idea what size I am but I look big to me!

We had our 21 week 2d appointment and u/s today. Both boys are looking good. Baby A weighs about 17 oz and Baby B is about 14 oz. I think both of those are a little above average, so that is good.

Wow, quiet in here!

Failed my GD screening yesterday. Going back next week for the 3 hr test. Baby A is 2lb 8 oz, B is 3 lb 2 oz

Lorileigh, sounds like good weights to me, well done.

FG, i'm sorry you failed the first GD test. Fingers crossed that the result of the second one is better :hugs:

Hope everyone else is doing well.

We had our 21 week 2d appointment and u/s today. Both boys are looking good. Baby A weighs about 17 oz and Baby B is about 14 oz. I think both of those are a little above average, so that is good.

I never had mine weighed around 21 weeks. We had them weighed at 15 weeks and they were both 4 oz each. they must put a lot of weight on quick once they get near the end of the twenties

I have my one hour glucose test on July 6th. They did tell me to fast before hand. Anything I should do the day before to help me pass?

I'm not sure Lorileigh. We are told to fast from 9pm the night before but that's in the UK. Sounds like you may be in the USA and your test is different.

Good luck!

I'm doing my 3rd diabetes test on Thursday, another fasting one. I am having large babies and they just have to find a reason, they cant just let me be!!!!!!
I passed the last two, and Ill probably pass again.

I am going to bring blankets and lie down in the back of my van for the two hours cos I just couldnt sit there again for that long!

For the one hour one, dont eat a huge breakfast and dont eat too close to doing the test. When I did the one hour one I ate about 5 min before the test and it came up on the higher side of normal.

We made it to 31 weeks! Today was another ultrasound. My little girl Karissa weighs 3lb 15oz and my chunky monkey Corinne weighs 4lb 6oz!!!! 3 weeks ago they were 2lb 4oz and 2lb 12oz. I can't believe how much change there has been!!! Those steroid shots really helped them. They are looking amazing!!!! They're so big now you can't even see a whole baby on the screen. It's so hard to tell what anything is now. The doctor today said she would take me off the medicine at 34 weeks, so hopefully in 3 weeks I'll be done with it! I am so incredibly happy with their sizes. Especially Karissa!!! I was getting worried about her being so small, but she is catching up!!!

KC, that's great news :wohoo: Your girls are doing so well, esepcially after giving you some worrying days! Keep cooking little ones and growing beautifully :D

I had my 25 week check up today. Both babies were measuring about 1lb 13oz and were within 3% of each other -so that is super good news. My cervix is slightly starting to dilate, so they want to be extra careful to watch that. I have another ultrasound next Friday to make sure it hasn't dilated any more.

They sound like good weights Lorileigh!

I'm glad they are keeping an eye on your cervix and will check again next week :hugs:

Hi :flower: can I join? I'm expecting dcda twins (boy/girl) on November 4th. I'm pooing myself :haha:

How is everyone doing? We are almost 29 weeks and finishing up getting everything ready. My cervix is shorter than it should be right now, so I'm afraid bedrest (at least modified bedrest) may be in my near future. Other than that I'm feeling good.

Hi Lorileigh, exciting getting every thing ready, isn't it? We've got everything ready for the boys, just been working on packing the final things for our hospital bag.

Happy 29 weeks! How do they know that your cervix is short? I had mine checked on Sunday an they said it was closed.

afm, 35 weeks today! Doctor says the boys can come whenever they're ready once I hit 36 weeks so one week left. If they don't come on their own then we've got 3 weeks left as he'll induce us in our 38 th week.

That's wonderful news Floridagirl! I'll feel a lot better about things when mine make it to 35 weeks. Did they give you the steroids for their lungs in case they come early or since everything is fine are they not doing that?

My cervix is still closed (thank goodness) - he always checks that with a pelvis exam. But they also almost always do an ultrasound to check cervical length. I have a LEEP done right before we got pregnant b/c of an abnormal pap so that made my cervix short to begin with. Plus just the extra weight of two babies can cause your cervix to shorten and then eventually dilate prematurely. They said they like it to be 30cm at 30 weeks, is their normal standard. At my 28 week appt, mine is already a 22 :(

I hope your cervix doesn't shorten up anymore! I haven't had one of those done on me. No steroid shot yet either, I guess cause everything seems to be going well. You'll be at 35 weeks before you know it!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->