Expecting Twins? Come join!

Hi ladies :hi:
Can I join? I found out 2 days ago that I'm having dcda twins.
I'm still very much in shock :haha:

Yay! We love new people! Congrats on your twins! The shock feeling is insane isnt it, just mega head spin, but it does get better then the excitement sets in and then the tummy starts growing SO fast after the 1st trimester! How have you been feeling, did you find out at your scan? I found out at 13 weeks, I had no inkling whatsoever!

Yay! We love new people! Congrats on your twins! The shock feeling is insane isnt it, just mega head spin, but it does get better then the excitement sets in and then the tummy starts growing SO fast after the 1st trimester! How have you been feeling, did you find out at your scan? I found out at 13 weeks, I had no inkling whatsoever!

Thankyou! I'm not sure my head will ever stop spinning :haha:

I've been finding this pregnancy hard (now I know why!) the sickness and tiredness has been constant. I just can't believe that there are 2 little babies in me. I can't stop looking at the scan pictures. I had no idea at all. Quite a few people had said they reckoned twins from how big my bump is already but the thought hadn't really entered my head :haha:

Thought i'd add a couple of pictures of the little beans :cloud9:

Attachments

• 535743_394277943949732_100001025886846_1253779_549685731_n.jpg
    535743_394277943949732_100001025886846_1253779_549685731_n.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 485156_394277920616401_100001025886846_1253778_1116477454_n.jpg
    485156_394277920616401_100001025886846_1253778_1116477454_n.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 6
Cute pics, They look like a girl/boy set to me!
I was the same with not showing, specially 3rd pregnancy, my tummy was still pretty flat at 12 weeks! Would have expected to show really fast but I didnt..
What did all your friends/family say?
People are so fascinated by twins/twin pregnancies as you will find out, they all say "How exciting" or "double trouble" etc..
I swear I learned more about twins in the 1st week of finding out I was having them than I had learned in my whole life!

Oh ladies, I am feeling so crappy. I took off work on Friday to relax, and boy did I need that! I can't sleep at night anymore. No matter what side I lay on, that hip starts hurting so incredibly bad. I can't lay on my back because I can't breath. I'm just tossing and turning all night long. I tried sleeping downstairs on the big recliner chair but that didn't even help. Baby B has moved up so high, I swear she is in my rib cage. She's making it hard to breath just sitting there.

I got a horrible headache yesterday, so I took my BP thinking it was going to be high because I was swelling pretty bad too. It was 105/59!!! I have never had my BP be that low. An hour later after drinking a bunch of water it was up to 106/60. Maybe that's why I'm feeling so crappy?? I go for another growth ultrasound tomorrow and a doctors appointment after that, so hopefully she can tell me whats going on.

Oh and the braxton hicks.... thats a whole different story!!!!!!!

At 21 weeks my BP was 102/58 and then last week at 25 week check up it was 100/72...
I dont really even know what that means and how it affects things tho, I do know it's low but isnt that a good thing? :shrug: I've heard salty foods can bring it back up too, dont know how much tho.
I havent had hip pain either, is that like a muscle/ligament ache or a bone ache? Ive heard so many ladies complain of it?
Braxton Hicks are a pain arent they! SO annoying. Mine have slowed down this last week or so thank goodness, Im actually feeling better now than I did at 23 weeks (hopefully the same goes for you)!
Make sure you update on your growth scan, babies weights etc, it's always interesting to hear about other twins!

welcome Ilikecake! The shock will wear off in a bit, and eventually let go to excitement!

kcoennen - I'm sorry you are having such a hard time. Baby B sometimes goes really high on me as well. I swear he's in my ribs already sometimes!

My tummy definitely started to pop a lot faster from 14 weeks until now (16 weeks). It's been crazy how fast the babies are growing.

HL, i'm sorry your doc did such a rush job on the scan. Hope you get a better one next time. Congratulations on two girls :pink:

Welcome, Ilikecake and congratulations on your twins. Amazing feeling isn't it?

Arj, glad you BH have slowed down. How are you generally?

HL, sorry you are struggling to sleep with the pain. My physio advised me to lie on my side, leg closest to the bed straight and upper leg bent. Cushion between them. Don't know if that will help you at all?

Lorileigh :hi: Hope you are well.

AFM, gender scan on Saturday. Can't wait to find out what we are having!

Had my growth scan and received some bad news... I'm going to post this also in the twin forum to see if anyone else had this.

During the ultrasound, everything seemed fine. She measured them, told me their weights, and acted like everything was normal. When I met with my doctor it was a different story.

She told me that I am now considered high risk and will be going to a perinatal doctor at the hospital. The growth percentiles between the two babies is a huge difference. They are both measuring on track for their weights, but Baby A is not growing as fast as Baby B. Baby A is in the 30th percentile and Baby B is in the 80th percentile. This deals just with their growth, not their sizes. Baby B is larger than Baby A, but she is worried about their growth differences. So, it means 1 of 3 things. 1 - I will have one large baby and one tiny baby. 2 - Something is wrong with the umbilical cord to Baby A. 3 - There is not enough blood flow to Baby A.

So, I have to go to the hospital this week to get more scans done. If they stay on the same growth track, that's good. They will just be different sizes and I won't go all the way to 37 weeks. If something is wrong with the umbilical cord or blood flow, they will monitor me at least once a week at the hospital, and if Baby A keeps slowing down, I will be put on bed rest, and if that doesn't work, then hospital bed rest so they can check the babies daily. If Baby A slows down too much, they will deliver them really early. I was told to start packing my hospital bag just in case I end up on hospital bed rest

I am so not ready for this. I found out at 3:45, and have been crying ever since. I know I need to be strong for them, and need to keep calm, but I can't. I just want both babies to stay in there and keep growing. I think the thing that upset me the most is I asked my doctor if that means they will still both make it and I won't lose Baby A. She hesitated and said "That's why you will be going to see the perinatal doctors so they can keep a close eye on them." I know after 24 weeks the are viable outside the womb, but what are their chances if they are born early?

I'm a complete wreck. How the hell am I supposed to go to work each day, teach these children, when I know one of my babies is not growing how she should be.

So here are their measurements: (Remember I'm 23w2d according to the dr)

Karissa (Baby A): 23w0d, 1lb4oz, 145bpm
Corinne (Baby B): 23w6d, 1lb7oz, 141bpm

Oh no that's awful news. Hopefully option A will be what happens and they stay on the same growth track. Surely by the time they may have to take them out early (if at all) you will be well past 24 weeks and both will survive. Over in NZ Viable is 23 weeks and 3 days. Try and rest as much as possible and keep eating lots and drinking lots of water and take your vitamins, that's all you can do really! It must be so hard not to worry tho and carry on as normal. Their weights both look quite healthy, and being fraternal you would be less high risk then if they were in the same sac and same placenta. FX for you, and make sure you update us xx

I'm so sorry to hear that kcoennen! Hopefully Baby will catch up or at least continue to progress. That is by far one of my biggest fears. Every day I tell the boys to make sure that they share! :) I'll be praying that everything works out OK and they babies have a bit more time to grow and develop.

Oh KC you must be really worried. I'm hoping like the others that they'll keep growing at the same rate and one is just smaller than the other. If it helps at all I can tell you that a family member had a baby last year at 24+6 and she's fine. I'm sure they'll be able to keep them in longer for you though, giving them more time to grow. Let us know how you get on and keep us updated.

AFM, had some bleeding so i'm on rest at home for the next couple of weeks to hopefully get them to settle. Have my gender scan on Saturday so i'm going to get them to check my cervix on the scan if they can at the same time.

Hi ladies! I am pregnant with twins as well but they with by my 5th and 6th babys :D can join?

Wow Traskey I just noticed how close our due dates are!

Family - feel free to join in. The more the merrier! :)

We have our next appt. this Friday. Feels like forever since we've been there, even though it's only been a few weeks. I'm anxious to see the boys again. They are also planning to check my cervix then. At my 14 week appointment it was a 35.

Kc - When is your next appointment? I hope Baby catches up quickly with no issues!!

Welcome Family!

Afm, had my 22 week appointment last Friday and everything is looking fine for now. Baby Boy is 65th percentile, measuring a week ahead. Baby girl is spot on for dates and in the 55th percentile. She is a little monkey though -- sitting breech on top of her brother and had her feet up by her head! That cannot be comfortable -- God knows Mommy is not that flexible! I feel like my bump has exploded since week 21.

So I was sent back to the doctors today with what I thought were braxton hicks. They were coming more frequently and more painful. While I was there, I had one, and the dr said it was a real contraction. Not sure how she knew. Anyways, I am having real contractions, but they aren't affecting my cervix yet, which is very good. She said I am measuring almost full term, which is why I'm contracting. My body is trying to get ready for labor, and doesn't realize there's 2 in there. So, if I get more than 5 in an hour, I will be sent to the hospital to slow them down.

I was also told to start eating more because I'm not gaining enough weight. I'm actually losing weight. She said this happens because my body is using everything it can to feed the babies, and I just need to eat more.

Fun times being pregnant with multiples!! lol

Oh wow really? Doesnt realize there's two in there!? I was actualy worried my body would do that too, but now Im measuring bigger than full term so I guess it has cottoned on.

You really need to start taking chelated magnesium, it helps stop premature labor. I have been taking it since the start.
Eat lots, rest lots, and keep an eye on your contractions!

Yeah even the high risk doctor said our bodies don't know there are 2 in there. It just knows when the uterus gets to a certain size, it's ready. I never knew that, but I guess it makes sense. I just think it's crazy that this is happening at 24 weeks. I have 4 baby showers in the next 2 weeks, so I just want to make it through all the showers. I know that's horrible, but people have worked so hard to put together these parties for me, I want to be able to enjoy them!! I am happy that I made it to the 24 week mark though. It makes me feel better.

I'll be sending hubby out tonight to get the chelated magnesium!

Good work, the mag is great for easing BH, and helps calcium absorb in to bones, and helps keeps bowels regular plus my midwife told me last night it helps to get good sleep too!

How come some people go to like 50 inch fundal height tho? A lot of twin mums do go to full term, some with big huge babies in there???? Surely the body would go by weeks rather than size??

No clue. They said your body starts getting ready for labor. You don't always go into it though. I just know it's too early for these girls to be thinking about making their appearance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->