Expecting Twins? Come join!

KC, hope your girls stay in there a lot longer. I'd never heard of the magnesium either or that you could start real contractions this early.

Arj, thanks for the tip on the magnesium.

Lorileigh, yes, we are due one day apart :)

Goody, glad your 22 week appointment went well :thumbup:

Family, welcome :hi:

AFM, we had our gender scan and we are expecting twin girls :wohoo: We are over the moon. Both girls were measuring the right size, as usual twin two was curled up on her tummy :D

Traskey - Super congrats on the girls!!!!!! I thought I was having 2 boys, but secretly wanted girls, and that's what I got!! It's such an amazing feeling to finally know what they are so you can start planning. Congrats again!

We had our 18 week appointment on Friday. They did the full anatomy ultrasound scan, and everything looked good. Both boys had all the parts that they were supposed to. They were each actually a little bigger thant he average baby for 18w 2d, so that's awesome.

I'm measuring 27 weeks - which I think is pretty normal for twins. I think I read where twin moms normally measure about 8 weeks ahead of what they actually are.

How's everyone else feeling?

Im feeling not too bad in the mornings, then a bit over it by mid arvo, then KNACKERED and sore by the evening!
Good to hear your boys are all good, so you're measuring 9 weeks ahead? That's pretty normal, my biggest growth as far as how my tummy looked (so far) was from about 18 weeks to about 23 weeks, then it slowed down a little bit, just got rounder and fuller rather than 'popping out' type thing.
I was 31cm fundal height at 21 weeks, and then 32 fundal height at 25 weeks! So I think babies must go through random growth spurts..
Are you feeling good in general? Any heartburn or backache or SPD or anything?

Thanks arj!

I'm feeling pretty good in general. I'm tired at the end of the day and pretty much fall asleep by 10pm, but I typically feel fine throughout the day and am able to work or do whatever I need. Just wore out when it's all over.

I have had some heartburn/acid reflux. I've found it really helps if I try to eat small meals. My doctor gave me a prescription for Zantac. From everything I read, it sounds like it is safe to take while pregnant, but I think I'm going to hold off a little longer untill I actualy feel like I "need it.

I get cramps and some minor pain in my lower abdomin some times. I just can't tell if it is just stretching or the babies pushing on something or if it is more serious like early contractions. So far I haven't noticed any patterns or repetition with the pain, so I'm hoping it's just normal growing issues.

In the last couple of days, I've also started to get a dark circle around my belly-button. I know I've heard of people getting a line up and down on their stomachs, but this is actually a circle around the belly button. Anyone else have that?

Well I moved back to the states a week and a half ago... THAT was quite an ordeal 20 weeks pregnant moving by myself to another country with a 50 lb dog. I got stranded in Baltimore, so if anyone has heard any stories about a crazy crying woman in the airport, that was me. LOL

I found out today that I am officially Team PINK!!! :pink: Both girls are measuring great, Baby A is such a mover!! We're not going to officially assign names until they're born, but so far our favorite names are Reese and Kenly. They are definitely fraternal and Baby B's placenta is on top, which is great to know because I don't feel her move nearly as much.

How has everyone else been doing lately??

HL - CONGRATS on the girls!!! I've really started feeling it this week.... I just feel huge and uncomfortable at night. I'm still going to the gym, but tend not to move around a lot once I get home. My best friend's wedding is this weekend and I've been too scared to try on the bridesmaid dress this week. When I tried it on 2 weeks ago it was getting snug and I've exploded in the last two weeks :o
Here's hoping for beautiful weather on Sunday and that my 6 month twin preggo body doesn't fall into the lake during the ceremony!!

Oh my goodness Goody... I stressed out fitting into a bridesmaids dress when I WASN'T pregnant... I can only imagine when your belly is growing!! I hope everything fits! I'm sure you won't fall into the lake, but wherever you are make sure you don't get too hot if it's outside!

Congrats on one of each!!

Hey everyone. Good to see it's not just me feeling huge. I'm having terrible trouble with SPD/pelvic girdle pain so I can't move around much at all.

Goody, hope the bridesmaid dress fits for you.

HL, welcome back to the US. Congratulations on team pink :dance:

Lorileigh, i've not heard of the brown circle. What did mr google say?

Ive heard of the brown circle, it usually is the linea nigra curling around the belly button, but sometimes just appears on its own! I am starting to get a very faint line above my belly button but not below!

Arj, sorry! Didn't mean to miss you. Can empathise with the knackered come evening!

I had my 20 week appointment on Friday. Everything looks good. I'm measuring about 31/32 weeks, so I would say that means the boys are growing well. They are going to do an ultrasound this coming Friday to check fetal weight.

We get to pick up our cribs tomorrow. I'm so excited to see them both in the nursery!

How is everyone? Everyone feeling OK?

Feeling good, just big! At 21 weeks I measured 31, then at 25 weeks 32, then 29 weeks 33! So my growth upward slowed down but babies started going outward! Your boys are obviously doing really well! Its so cool having the cribs in the nursery, makes it more real!

at 19wks, i measured 26 at 23 wks i measured 29 weeks, so ours slowed by 1 week. I'll find out what i'm measuring now on Wednesday.

Here's my 26+4 bump pic, third tri tomorrow!! :yipee:

185035_472695586090742_100000509148208_1773747_670441302_n.jpg

feeling good other than swelling here and there, had to stop wearing my wedding ring about a week ago!

Hey!! Had my 26 week appointment today... babies are doing well and I am measuring 32 weeks! Have another ultrasound Friday afternoon to see the little bubs :) Sounds like everyone is doing wonderful ---

I failed the 1 hour glucose test, so I go tomorrow for the 3 hour test. Has anyone had to do this one yet?

Glad to hear everyone is doing well! I asked at my last OB appointment how far along I was measuring, and they said they don't do that... so all I know is that my SIL says I look 6 weeks farther along than I am. I have to do the 1-hour test sometime this week kc, was it bad?? How much time do they allow in between the 1 hour and the 3 hour test?

On a fun note, I think I felt hiccups for the first time last week. Not as strong as kicks and consistent for about 10 minutes. Such a cool feeling!!

Is anyone else getting advice overload? Both of my brothers have children under 3 and they keep on saying, "You have no idea what you're in for" and telling me that every product I look at, like a side-by-side stroller, is a bad choice. I love my family, but it's making me a little happy to be moving away!

I failed the 1 hour glucose test, so I go tomorrow for the 3 hour test. Has anyone had to do this one yet?

What was your reading? Mine was 7.1 or just around 130, I had to do the fasting one and my MW said the results were fine

What was your reading? Mine was 7.1 or just around 130, I had to do the fasting one and my MW said the results were fine

She didn't tell me. She had me fast before the 1 hour test, which I have found out isn't completely normal, and I have to fast again for the 3 hour test. She just said my levels were elevated and I have to get the other test done. So I get to get that done in the morning, then go see the high risk doctor for another growth scan. I'm excited to see the girls again, but it's going to be a long day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->