Experienced moms - help. Do I need all this stuff? (list)

^ yup, coconut oil should be used over ointment when cloth diapering. I love coconut oil, it's so universal!

On diaper rash cream: my daughter has never needed it. My mom bought a jar that I only ever used once. You can hold out until you think it's needed.

I haven't used coconut oil in years so I can't really say.

Also holding out on bottles & pacifiers is good advice. You don't know how baby will take them. Dd never took to pacifiers. I prepared a few for new baby but whether I did it or not doesn't mean he'll accept!

I would say you don't need the pain reliever, stuffy nose thing or water wipes - water wipes are so expensive and cotton wool and water is fine for wee and you can always get cheaper wipes to help poo clean up and then just clean over baby's bottom with cotton wool and water. Personally I would not buy a glass bottle in case of smashing! Not sure if you are planning to breastfeed at all but if not it is definitely worth giving it a try as it saves spending money on formula.

Sorry am being really thick- just realised you mentioned nipple cream so you must be planning to breastfeed!

I would not bother with a pacifier either. Neither of mine has had one. You can always buy later if you feel your baby needs one.

The pain reliever is also a fever reducer - I'm pretty sure that's essential to have on hand but thanks for the other suggestions!

I definitely consider the Tylenol a necessity, but you can't give it to a brand new baby anyway, so if you need to, you can order it later. It's one of the cheaper items on the list, though, so personally I'd just buy it. I bought mine early just so I wouldn't forget later.

I definitely consider the Tylenol a necessity, but you can't give it to a brand new baby anyway, so if you need to, you can order it later. It's one of the cheaper items on the list, though, so personally I'd just buy it. I bought mine early just so I wouldn't forget later.

Yes, not sure what the regs are in the US but here you can't give it to babies under 3 months so you wouldn't need it right away.

I would buy fever meds/saline as needed for fever/sickness (which hopefully won't happen for several months or until vaccines) The nursing pads the hospital provided were enough until my supply regulated

I used babies r us liners (https://m.toysrus.com/skava/static/...entPage=search&domain=https://www.toysrus.com) for changing diapers and bathing the first few months, they are washable and impermeable and come in handy for potty training at night later. They are cheaper/larger selection in the store though.

If you are planning to breastfeed exclusively, you may want to hold off on the paci, neither of my breastfed babies were interested in it after I tried to introducedl it once nipple confusion phase passed.

Also, breast pumps usually come with several bottles-- if you are in USA they are giving free medela pump with every birth now (at least in MAssachusetts where I gave birth).

I never used nipple cream and it was fine. I never had a wet/dry bag (what's it for?)

The bottle brush is great and wipes are something youll definitely need, huggies one and done were great and lived up to the name (for the first few months at least).

Congrats and don't forget, the best things in life are free! Like babies and love and family!

The pain reliever is also a fever reducer - I'm pretty sure that's essential to have on hand but thanks for the other suggestions!

I never needed tylenol until my child was over a year old. I know some babies get sick easy, but if you are breastfeeding exclusively, hopefully that should provide some protection to your little one from illnesses. I didn't buy any until I needed it. But you never know.

Ooops, I took off too many things! :)
Less than $50 and it isn't free shipping anymore. Shipping was $7.99(!) so I'll have to add one of the little things back on.
Or think of something else small that is necessary...

What did you end up taking off? I'm trying to think what I've found absolutely essential so far.

I never needed tylenol until my child was over a year old. I know some babies get sick easy, but if you are breastfeeding exclusively, hopefully that should provide some protection to your little one from illnesses. I didn't buy any until I needed it. But you never know.

I've never needed Tylenol either and my dd is now 15 months old.

Ooops, I took off too many things! :)
Less than $50 and it isn't free shipping anymore. Shipping was $7.99(!) so I'll have to add one of the little things back on.
Or think of something else small that is necessary...

You could always get a small pack of wipes even if you are making your own because when you are out and on the go the disposable wipes could come in very handy, even for milk burps, etc...

We had more than one diaper blow out while on the go and I'm glad we had a pack of wipes with us!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->