experiences after zero fertilization in IVF

Blythe, thanks for the link it's very informative but tbh I absolutely hated her response to your post. we get it, age matters that's a given, no point in rubbing it into our faces. 14 eggs was an excellent result probably due to your lifestyle changes and intensive acu/herbs but then your FSH/AFC have always been good for your age. I cannot believe that none of these eggs was good enough to fertilise. Your body is clever when quality starts to go down it produces less eggs (stim or no stim), it just would not go on developing so many poor quality eggs unless there was an external factor. it's definitely clinic's fault. I so wish a had a close friend who is an embryologist just to know what's going on in those labs.

Plex, I wish they agreed to pay 50%! not really it was a miniscule discount. I just thought it was sufficient to indicate they want me to try again cos probably they feel I can get successful next time so it probably was not my fault that it failed this time around.

My Dh had been doing hormonal treatment last 6 months (which unfortunately did not have any effect on his SA) while I was recovering from that awful failure and it seems like our best option is stim IVF. I have no idea if it's going to work or not cos of my high FSH. At the moment we are waiting for the NHS funding to get approved (also not sure if we can get it or not) and if all goes well we want to do a stim cycle at UCH.

Right, Ive called them and all the embryologists are in the lab at the moment, the lovely nurse has left a message for them to call me back as a matter of urgency. I forget that its all collection and transfers in the mornings - she said they generally start calling people back after 3pm so not to worry too much. Now the waiting begins AGAIN!! :dohh: xx

:( Briss - thats crappy! NHS funding is such a long wait - I take it your already on the waiting list. We only get one 'go' where i am and i used up my 'go' with one cycle of monitored clomid - cheapskates! xx

I don't at all feel qualified to add anything, just wanted to let you know this was indeed my worst nightmare scenario as we had only one shot at IVF. I am so unbelievably sorry for the pain it's causing you and I hope they have answers for you soon. I can't imagine how much harder it makes things to be left waiting :nope:

:hugs: messica - thank you hun, it means a lot xx

I hate waiting at the best of times lol

Plex, I also get only one go on the NHS and I had 2 private IVF cycles I did not realise natural IVF privately counts towards our 3 goes cos NHS does not offer natural IVF. We have been referred to UCH and done all the tests, it's just a question of whether they can get the funding and if so what protocol they are going to put me on. I did not know that monitored clomid counts towards your NHS allowance? that's pretty unfair.

yeah it sucks - we were extremely lucky to conceive our son through that one cycle. I cant believe how much more difficult it is now. We were trying for a long time for him before seeking help. I didnt want to waste time this time round and boy am i glad we didnt considering where we are now :(

That doesnt seem right to me that your private cycles count towards you NHS ones?!? In that case will they refund you? lol like that would ever happen!

Im wondering how much longer and how much more money we can spend on all this - I think we could stretch (and im mean stretch to breaking point) one more cycle if we needed to. After that we're done. We wouldnt be able to afford ANYTHING for some time.

How are you managing the financial side of this? Im stressing,I wish i was rich but im not. The more i think of it the more depressing it all gets :( xx

Plex, we do not have a house or anything like that so all our savings potentially will go into this but I'd rather have a baby than a house (obviously I'd rather have both several times over but here you are). I am just happy we wont need to borrow and have enough saved for a few cycles but it's just ironic how you go through life pay for your education, work terrible hours and save but in the end end up spending it all on something that you could have had for free if you started TTC in your 20s instead of doing the education/career thing. rather upsetting to think of it but never mind as long as we can get out healthy children

It just constantly feels like we're being ripped off and conned out of something that shouldn't be this difficult :(

Well still no call and it's 6.15pm not holding out much hope although I think the clinics open till 8 but not sure - getting really angry now!

oh i could just :cry: 7.15pm and still no call - i have no idea when theyre open till either. I think ill get hubby to call when he gets in - should be before 8. I dont want to hound them with phone calls - i feel silly for harassing them :(

edit - have called multiple time just to get a answer phone - have no idea whos it is mind! I refuse to leave a message to any old person giving my personal details! x

:cry: right thats it! Im pissed off now!! :cry: NO PHONE CALL, NO EMAIL, NOTHING!!! Im currently in the process of writing an email to my consultant to complain and ask what the HELL is going on, this just isnt funny anymore :cry: I feel like ive been fobbed off left right and centre :grr: xx

left a bloody message now, just my name and number :grr: hopefully the right place!! Im gunna skulk off into a corner to hide now - I may get some weird phone calls back now :dohh:

Plex, I know dealing with embryologists can be so frustrating! From my experience, they have about an hour or so after they are done with ICSIs and the rest of it (around 5-7 pm) to make calls and sometimes they just do not get to call everyone. I'd try first thing tomorrow morning before they start with the ICSis.

You had some very good questions on your list and I'd really want to know how they respond.

Ive emailed my consultant - i was nice lol she was off yesterday so wont know whats happened over the weekend. She spoke to me on the day of collection and was so optimistic for me saying she'll see me wed for a blast transfer as this cycle is so much better than the last. Shes fab and i didnt want to take it out on her - hopefully she'll kick some butts into action!

Oh and i've not had a call at all. Still. I cant believe it, dont know what to think - did the eggs and sperm die? did they fertilize? I guess (i bloomin better) i'll find out 2moro xxx

Well, its been confirmed by my consultant this am that there was indeed still no change :cry: gutted.

On a positive note, we are going in to have our only frozen blast put back 2moro am. Hubby said that its a shame this is one bloody expensive learning curve :( All we can do now is wait and hope that it thaws and survives in good enough condition to be put back - I feel very lucky to at least be getting to this point at the moment. I do know that there is a 95% thawing survival rate with vitrification freezing but am trying not to get too hopeful as the way this week is going its likely that we'll be in the 5% that die during thaw :grr:

:flower: x

Plex,

how completely frustrating for you! I'm glad that you have managed to speak to your consultant though and that there is at least a positive piece of action you can take. I will keep everything crossed for you that your little frostie thaws perfectly tomorrow.
xx

Plex, I am not an expert but is it a good idea to do the frozen transfer after you have just had stims? From what I read the higher success rates of frozen cycles are based on the fact they are done usually in a natural cycle after your body recovered from the stimulation and all the meds it had to deal with. I know it's not what you want to hear right now but I'd ask your doc if it would be better to wait 2-3 cycles before doing the frozen cycle? I might be completely wrong here but worth checking

I was mistaken about the thawing success rates - it's only 70%
My consultant said success at the moment rates vary :wacko: which is annoying. We cannot afford a fet anytime soon - if we were to cycle again we'd go all out on another fresh (loan - so to get as many chances as we can, if any fertilize that is) I'm feeling well and we already have so much invested in this cycle that I'm going to go for it - don't know how I'd cope otherwise :( xx

Thank u for that hun - it's a lot to consider and take in - it's good to explore all avenues. My consultant seemed happy though so all I can do is hope I actually have something to transfer 2moro xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->