experiences after zero fertilization in IVF

I'd say 70% were pretty good odds in this game.

Really hoping your little frostie thaws beautifully and makes itself super at home!

in that case go for it, hoping and praying your little frostie thaws and develops well. keep us posted.

I can't blame you for using the frozen embryo right now. I can't imagine it would be any different than doing a fresh IVF. You've been through enough, and I hope this all works out for you.

Thanks girls :hugs: xx
I just hope we're not in the 30% that the frostie dies in the thaw! :nope: our chances should be increased slightly as i had an endo scratch for this cycle too - all i can do is[-o<for a miracle!! x

Hi ladies...just popping in, but Plex, where are you getting 70% from? I think you were closer the first time with 95%, if they were frozen via vitrification as you said. A quick internet search said 9 of 10 will survive, and my RE has indicated even better odds and suggested that thawing is not a concern. And I agree with Canadian--I don't know why you'd be at any disadvantage just coming off a fresh cycle--it's like putting back a fresh embryo once it's thawed. This very well may work! Fingers crossed for you!

Thanks Jsquared&Nobump! :hugs: xx The 70% was what my clinic quoted me earlier today - I know what u mean about the 95% though as thats what id thought it would be as it was vitrification? Maybe they're just covering themselves?? Dunno though :shrug: I do know that success rates FET wise are a few % lower than fresh at my clinic. All these damn numbers - they make my mind boggle :wacko: :haha: xx

:hi: Just a quick update - i had my lil beauty put back on 16th it thawed well so im happily PUPO!!

I have a question though, We had a discussion with our embryologist - brief talk admittedly, but they mentioned that we may have either a compatibility issue between sperm and egg or that they didnt fertilize as they would not form 'normal' embryos.

Ive been thinking alot about PGD and looking at our clinic, they dont offer this :( Well, i cant see it on the price list or treatment list. I was wondering how much it costs generally?? Im in the uk so have been thinking it costs around an extra £1500 but not sure??

Also did your doctors suggest any tests etc for ur hubbies apart from spem tests? I think my hub has had hiv aswell but thats about it.

Im hopeful this frozen beauty sticks but, knowing my luck recently it wont :( I just need to price up our next cycle and possibly look at other clinics. I dont like thinking this way but i like to be prepared - i want to cycle again asap so am doing my homework now :dohh: not the happiest thing to do in your tww :nope: but gotta be done

thanks for reading and any help you can give :flower: xx

Plex, congratulations on being PUPO!! hoping and praying

we have had chromosomal testing done to check if that could explain hubby's poor sperm but it came back normal. I personally decided against PGD testing on the embryos, from what I read the risks are too high that they can damage the embryo in the process so unless you have a lot of eggs to play with it's not working out that great. I am thinking of doing IMSI (they use super microscope to pick a sperm with the best morphology for ICSI)

Thanks hun - thats something i hadnt thought of - how much extra is the imsi? Ive heard a bit about imsi but not alot - im going to google it :haha: xx

Just thinking about it pgd is only feesable if you have embryos to start with - we may not have that opportunity - why cant things just be bloomin straight forward!!

I think IMSi is about 1-1.5K + IVF/ICSI but I believe it's worth it if the sperm (morphology in particular) is low. We are facing ICSI and it's up to the embryologist to pick the best looking sperm but they cant really know whether it's healthy or not cos even good looking ones may turn out to be poor, IMSI helps disregard sperm which are defective (they can see it in their heads) even if it looks good so it does increase the odds but again only if sperm is an issue to begin with. also it does not really help with chromosomal damage, it's not something that they can see through the microscope so not 100% guarantee they pick a good sperm

Can you believe that some people get pregnant after having sex once!! x

:haha: I know lucky buggers!!! It pees me right off as in all those sex education classes they never once said you may not be able to have a baby after having sex once. or you may have fertility problems. I think the whole education about reproduction is meant as a barrier to underage sex not actually what its all about - silly really :dohh: xx

ours is an odd case as theyve never said my hubby has a problem, his count has always been great motility and morph also great, his problem is with quantity however theres always been 'enough' if u know what i mean? xx

Has anyone had success using calcium ionophore? My husband and I have had 2 failed IVF ICSI cycles with zero fertilization. I am currently 28 and he is 32. Any help would be much appreciated!!

Hiya Chrissy - sorry hun just saw ur post, i havent heard about using that (will google it now lol) Did ur doc suggest it/what did they say? Im really interested as my subsequent cycle we had poor fertilisation/progress of embies. Would love to hear anything that will/may help! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->