Extremely confused and emotional *update - maybe Im going mad??? pg 3*

Sparklebaby

Mummy to Jenny
Reaction score
:cry:

I was hoping to be plastering BNB with glorious photos of a nice :bfp: this morning.
I hardly slept again and woke around half 4 this morning needing to pee, so I decided to do my HPT at this time.
within seconds the line that says the test has worked came up bright as day, I waited and I waited and I waited........:cry::hissy:
I did the walking into different lights to try and see something that obviously wasnt there. I guess my denial instincts were right? I saw something but it looked more like the line where the dye started? not anything brilliant on picture front. even Hubby said no :hissy::cry::cry:

I dont understand how I can get such positive vibes, symptoms and even lines then nothing. Maybe it wasnt sensitive enough?

To recap:

8DPO Faint line on an ov test
9DPO Faint line on a 10miu HPT test - but u had to look carefully.
10DPO Faint line on an ov test but not as faint as the 8dpo.

Today I am 13dpo so surely it would have showed up today right? if I had these other lines? or do u rekon its because this mornings was taken on a 25miu. How often does the hormone double? is it possible that it hadnt got to enough to register on a 25miu or am I just wishing over nothing now.

Please please be honest with me cause I cant take any more. Im tired and fed up and not to mention very tearful this morning. :cry::cry::cry::cry: I just feel like curling up in my bed and sobbing. I wanted so much for my hubby to go to work happy this morning with that vision of 2 lines clearly marked on the test. he says he is happy because he has me, but still :cry:

Has anyone else ever used the one step tests - dip test they were about £1.48 or something like that from Asda for 3. to me thats dirt cheap and I dont even know if they are trustworthy or not?
After all of this if sadly Im not to be, I hope this excitement/now stress doesnt cause me to be late for AF. She is due tomorro. if she arrives then why have I felt like I have the last few weeks?

Im lost.

Yours very tearfully

a disgruntled Lisa. :cry::cry:

:hugs: Maybe those tests arent sensitive enough hun. The symptoms you have had are definately a good sign. Remember some people take ages to get dark lines on hpts, if af doesnt come it might be worth getting a blood test. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:hug:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

thanks Heidi

I cant stop crying :cry: I tried to hold it together because I didnt want hubby going to work upset, I wanted him to see me being strong and now he has gone its just streaming, I cant stop.

some womens hormones only double up slowly, im sorry hunny :hugs: even when test are 25miu there still not sensitive enough

thanks Heidi

I cant stop crying :cry: I tried to hold it together because I didnt want hubby going to work upset, I wanted him to see me being strong and now he has gone its just streaming, I cant stop.

:hugs:

if i can pull myself together later i might go get some 10 miu again and see what happens. got I look a right mess, my eyes are all puffy, its gonna rain today so Im gonna look a div in sunglasses....i dont wanna go into work, i feel sick, been peeong all sodding morning for what? is it really possible that I could be still preg? who invented these tests??? putting us into a miserable situation like this. Sorry but Im not the best of people to talk to right now. I need a large bar of chocolate, a pack of 20 fags and a large double jd and coke ansd I dont care that its only just gone 7 in the morning. I wanna drown my sorrows and go back to bed. (of course i wont be doing that)

I guess I just sit back and wait to see what happens??? if u were in my shoes, would u go out and buy some 10miu tests?

i would but a good test like a frer or superdrug test, save up your wee for a few hours, its the best way to get the answers you are looking for.

hoping & praying that you get a clear line this time hun, you so deserve it.

i just think if i see asnother neg il be devestated. im gonna try and pull myself together and then hit the shops. but that wont be till later. xxx thanku heidi. just read that othergirls thread - FBbaby I have been inspired a little by the tip taken from poas. I have had a line previously and a line is a line. just hope you can count lines on an opk.

aww im sorry this is happening. If you had faint lines before, then there is a chance that that last test you took was just no good. I would defiantly take another, maybe try first response, the 5 day early test...see what happens.

Try not too worry, everything will workout!

~Leslie

aww im sorry this is happening. If you had faint lines before, then there is a chance that that last test you took was just no good. I would defiantly take another, maybe try first response, the 5 day early test...see what happens.

Try not too worry, everything will workout!

~Leslie

thanks babes. I thought frer were 25miu? that would be the same as the one i took this morning only that was an asda one. is it possible that it was no good even though the main line came up nice and dark?

hiya Sparklebaby, awww i'm so sorry you're feeling so low. Not sure if this is right but I thought that most pg tests would only really show a result after the day your AF is due.... so in theory you may be testing too early? And also some eggs take longer to implant than others, which in theory is when your body starts to produce hcg. Maybe leave it a couple of days n try again, which i know is so hard to do. I really hope you get the result you want hun! xxxxxxxxxxx

I think I might have found a solution????

Key points about hCG levels:
About 80% of normal pregnancies will have the hCG level double every 48 - 72 hours. As you get further along into pregnancy and the hCG level gets higher, the time it takes to double can increase to about every 96 hours.

Caution must be used in making too much of hCG numbers. A normal pregnancy may have low hCG levels and deliver a perfectly healthy baby. The results on an ultrasound after 5 - 6 weeks gestation are much more accurate than using hCG numbers.

An hCG level of less than 5mIU/ml is considered negative for pregnancy, and anything above 25mIU/ml is considered positive for pregnancy.

hCG is measured in milli-international units per milliliter (mIU/ml).

A transvaginal ultrasound should be able to see at least a gestational sac once the hCG levels have reached between 1,000 - 2,000mIU/ml. Because levels can differentiate so much and conception dating can be wrong, a diagnosis should not be made by ultrasound findings until the level has reached at least 2,000.

A single hCG reading is not enough information for most diagnoses. When there is a question regarding the health of the pregnancy, multiple testings of hCG done a couple of days apart give a more accurate look at assessing the situation.

hCG levels should not be used to date a pregnancy since these numbers can vary so widely.

There are two common types of hCG tests. A qualitative hCG test just looks to see if hCG is present in the blood. A quantitative hCG test (or beta hCG) measures the amount of hCG actually present in the blood.

hCG levels in weeks from LMP (gestational age)
3 weeks LMP: 5 - 50 mIU/ml
4 weeks LMP: 5 - 426 mIU/ml
5 weeks LMP: 18 - 7,340 mIU/ml
6 weeks LMP: 1,080 - 56,500 mIU/ml
7 - 8 weeks LMP: 7, 650 - 229,000 mIU/ml
9 - 12 weeks LMP: 25,700 - 288,000 mIU/ml
13 - 16 weeks LMP: 13,300 - 254,000 mIU/ml
17 - 24 weeks LMP: 4,060 - 165,400 mIU/ml
25 - 40 weeks LMP: 3,640 - 117,000 mIU/ml
Non-pregnant females: <5.0 mIU/ml
Postmenopausal: <9.5 mIU/ml

soooooooooooooooo if I showed faint on a 10miu 3-4 days ago chances are its not doubled enough in that time. i might be a slow doubler lol. is very tempted to go get some superdrug ones now. well after lunch maybe

yes, you might take time to see positive due to slow rising levels of hcg. I have been in the same sit last month, all sorts of symptoms but unfortunately nothing, BUT...I didn;t have your faint positive so I hope you will get the right result. If you get a faint line on a cheap one, maybe try the clearblue ones that even tell you how many weeks you are. that's what I did in dec when I was pregnant.( unfortunately m/c). Lots of hugs and let us know.

gd news..... I have stopped crying. my best friend is meeting me tomorro to go upto london and she said she will get me some superdrug ones today for me. bless her heart. xx

I know these dip ones, I never got more than faint faint line, even after had hcg checked and it was high! :hug:

Hun first of all big :hugs:
When i fell pregnant, I tested when I was 3 days late and it was neg... tested again 5 days later, there was my bfp.
Nothing is lost until the ugly witch sings!
xx

hun if shes gonna get you a test cant she get you a digital?
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->