• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

**EXTREMELY! LUCKY** Perving Thread

Thanks RG, just wish I was certain about ovulation. If I get a even almost positive on a OPK then I'll test early. If not I'll wait till AF due date - Monday

I think that if we're not pregnant by March and I manage to get the weight down, I'm going to agree to do a 'natural' IVF cycle. That's without stimulants, so they just collect 1-2 eggs to inject with the sperm and replace. It's a gamble, but it's cheaper and less risk to me.

Have any of you considered doing a 'natural' IVF cycle?

I've not heard of a natural IVF. If we do go for IVF (in the end) I will be going for the normal sort; I've only till January to go through the egg-sharing root, so that's pretty much a no no now.

How much cheaper is it?

Well, it's minus the costs of all the drugs -- with exception of the trigger shot. Here is more info: https://www.hfea.gov.uk/natural-cycle-ivf.html

Why do you only have until January?

Here's some idea of costs:

"Create Health Clinics in London offered two procedures that sounded promising: "soft" IVF, which uses minimal doses of drugs and "natural-cycle" IVF, in which no drugs at all are used. Compared to the average £5,000 cost of a cycle of standard IVF, soft IVF (£2,500 per cycle) and natural-cycle IVF (£1,500) were also considerably cheaper. "
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/...-approach-to-IVF-offers-women-fresh-hope.html

The fertility unit I'm being referred to definitely offers it. https://www.jessopfertility.org.uk/ And they have excellent rates and reviews for all sorts of procedures.

You have to be under 35 for egg sharing, I'm 35 in January :(

That's cheap though, definitely worth considering when there's a normal egg production

You have to be under 35 for egg sharing, I'm 35 in January :(

That's cheap though, definitely worth considering when there's a normal egg production

I turn 31 in january !!!!!!!!! my bday is the 9th whats yours how funny:hugs:

hehe thats cool we are both capis =D i get the shaft usualy for my bday cause its so close to xmas =D

So ive got lower temps this cycle which hopefully will help me pinpoint ovulation better this cycle still using vaginal temps cause they were way more stable last cycle then all my previous ones =D

Hi Ladies, how is everyone doing? i took a month of testing and bnb just to try and focus on something else i felt like ttc was driving me crazy and it worked i got my :bfp:. im just hoping it sticks. hope your all well xxx

Hi Ladies, how is everyone doing? i took a month of testing and bnb just to try and focus on something else i felt like ttc was driving me crazy and it worked i got my :bfp:. im just hoping it sticks. hope your all well xxx

Congrats!! :happydance:

Congrats! I read your story a few weeks ago and was hoping that you would get some good news soon. Just remember that every pregnancy is different so hopefully you won't be quite so sick this time!!!

I really hope you have a wonderful few months and can really enjoy your bump this time. see you over on the pregnancy forums xxx

:hug:

Congrats! I read your story a few weeks ago and was hoping that you would get some good news soon. Just remember that every pregnancy is different so hopefully you won't be quite so sick this time!!!

I really hope you have a wonderful few months and can really enjoy your bump this time. see you over on the pregnancy forums xxx

:hug:

Thankyou, i had hoped so too but already i am having severe m/s luckily my Ob says its a good sign of a strong pregnancy so i am trying to go with that theory and not let it disappoint me. at the end of the day i am just so stoked and grateful to be pregnant that i would happily have the m/s for the next 9 months if i get my healthy baby to take home at the end.

Sorry i havent been on here much been very busy , Man its so cold here plus we got 8 inches of snow in 2 days with more coming i suspect we will have around 2 feet or more by thursday night ! Everything is looking good so far for on time ovulation this cycle start my opks this afternoon :thumbup: Going to see harry potter tommorow cant wait

I think we've all been preoccupied lately. =) Hospital cancelled my scan and want to do another blood test instead, to which I refused. I'm pretty confident now that it was just a luteal cyst and it's regressed on its own. I'm amused to see my charting theory of 'what goes up must come down' is applicable again, as my temp has dropped quite viciously today. Haven't had the insane ovulation cramping that I've had the past few months, so I'm not holding my breath re: ovulating today. If I did though, I'm very intrigued as I normally am quite regular around day 18.

This follows with my suspicions about my follicular cycle continuing despite the luteal cyst as the HCG was low to null (as felt by the pangs on both sides of the ovaries). Ironically, an increase in the production of progesterone would have helped to stabilize the production of follicles in PCOS ovaries thanks to an inhibitory feedback effect on my other hormones. This is supported by research -- progesterone suppresses LH, and when progesterone drops, LH will peak and this peak has a very good chance of releasing an egg if timed correctly.

To put it in different terms: this would be similar to the effect of going off birth control pills mid-cycle. I'm very tempted to start my metformin now, as I don't fancy my body's chances of producing enough progesterone to sustain a pregnancy without it.

Pokes the lucky thread :haha: How has everyone been ? I hope you all had a great thanksgiving week/weekend. Well i got a clear ovulation this cycle which i am supper happy about now we wait and hope for a xmas :bfp: Hope you ladies are doing well:hugs:

Ooh, that is clear, Ruskiegirl! FX everything works out this month for you.

Maaybe-- has anything come out of that spotting? I know you aren't temping but are you planning on testing anytime soon?

I'm definitely in my TWW but can't be certain whether I ovulated early (day 14) or not. Either way, temp was good today. Undecided on whether to keep temping. Thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->