eyetest on the NHS.

C

cherryglitter

i assume eyetests are free when you're pregnant?
i need to book one but i haven't got my maternity card. (she never filled the form out!)

do i need to show it or will my bump be enough proof.... has anyone had one before on the NHS?

Are you on tax credits? You get them free when on that if you income is £15,276 and under a year.
I know when I last had one I just said I was on TC's and that was enough to get it free..
https://www.hmrc.gov.uk/leaflets/wtc6.pdf

not sure about eye tests, I know prescriptions and dentist charges are but I don't remember seeing anything about eye tests, after all it's not really pregnancy related to need an eye test.

Eye tests aren't included. Just prescriptions and dental charges.

it's odd because technically they give you a prescription after your eye test ;)

Haha that's true. I never thought of it like that!

Maybe you could charm them into giving it to you for free

paha with the state im in they'd all be taking their glasses off so they couldn't see me!

no eye tests and glasses arent included. if you get a low income you get a discount on eye tests and glasses though. If you have the £50 glasses im sure it works out you have to pay like a pound or something

Specsavers are currently offering free eye tests, I had mine 2 weeks ago. The store had a basket of clear cases with a voucher in. Still spent £70 on glasses though!!!

free eye test from specsavers.. i bet they tell you somethings wrong just so you get some glasses :rofl:

the reason i ask.. my eyes are really sore sometimes during the day. it doesn't matter what i'm doing. i'd say it's got worse during pregnancy and sometimes if im reading a book i kinda lose focus every now and again?!

if you're working and use a computer your company should pay for an eye test once a year and provide money towards the glasses if they are needed for computer work and not distance.

Maybe ask your midwife the next time you see her? She'll know what you can and can't get really wouldn't she?

i'm not seeing her until 28 weeks and she's off on 'sick' until after christmas as she's had a knee op! might just ring the doctors and ask them to send off for a card too. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->