facebook, facebook, facebook... :(

AC1987--completely agree about the name telling. Husband and I have a definite boy name, which is after his father who passed away, sooo it's hard for people to make-fun of that one lol. But we don't have a FOR SURE girl name, but we have like a top 3 that we are thinking about. We've told our families the 3 names we like and there is 1 name that we REALLY are leaning towards, but no one seems to like it and will make jokes about it. So we've decided to stop telling people ANY names we've picked out. We're team yellow on the sex AND the names! No one will know ANYTHING! Haha. Even strangers who ask about the names, we just say we don't have any picked out yet and they stop asking. People can just be annoying sometimes!

I would have probably joined in the joking about names, but that's just me.

I think I would too, sometimes it seems like people are looking to be offended.
...but that's just me.

Sorry for thread starter that it made you feel sad.

...but that's just me.

Hrmm....

I think when you announce a pregnancy, that's a kind of emotional thing. You're sharing a really important life development with people you care about.

It's not really an appropriate moment for those people to put on a comedy show by making fun of your name... relentlessly.

I guess I'm the only one who thinks it's actually kind of funny? I have a similar married name that people make tons of jokes out of all the time, so maybe I'm just used to it. And when we told my in-laws about the pregnancy they dove right in, making up hilarious names that go with our last name and making funny phrases out of it. Even friends and coworkers have been doing it recently. (It's a hard name not to have some fun over.) It didn't bother me, it's all obviously good natured and I got a big laugh. Maybe they didn't mean to offend, it's more likely they were probably just getting the giggles over it and thought you might smile too.

Delete all the posts. I had someone doing something similar with a name I said I didn't care for, and I finally had to tell her that it bothered me. She stopped. My married name also lends itself to some interesting first names, and I deleted all of those comments off of my facebook announcment.

...but that's just me.

I guess I'm the only one who thinks it's actually kind of funny? .... Maybe they didn't mean to offend, it's more likely they were probably just getting the giggles over it and thought you might smile too.

These are both more along the reactions that I would have had, but the point isn't what other people would have felt in your situation, the fact is that you felt like your FIL ruined your announcement and when you mentioned that it was getting old he should have stopped immediately, or made an apology, or deleted his own posts.

Hopefully he understands now and will think before he posts in the future :flower:

Probably not, I believe his ego is too large to feel he did something someone didn't find funny. The man is doctor, he was taught to feel important in med school. You're right, the correct response would have been deleting and apologizing, yet I have recieved no communication from him since I asked him to stop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->