• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

FALL 2017 Rainbows~ 7 Rainbows born!

I hear you! It's so hard to stay positive and remember that this gain is out of our hands. I struggle every time my scale hits a new number. I'm at +19 as of now, but I haven't eaten anything different than I normally do. So I know that what I'm gaining is needed, and water weight. That doesn't make it easier. PLUS, I would LOVEEE to be able to indulge but I just can't let myself.... so that makes it frustrating.

Helotes ladies, sorry I've been missing, I've been visiting family <3

Sorry to hear everyone is dealing with "ugh the weight!" Woes. It really can be depressing. I gained about 40 with dd1 and I don't even know how much with dd2. I've hit 3rd tri now and gained around 30 so far. We just gotta remember it isn't forever and it will be 100% worth it :thumbup:

Hope you all are doing well, look how far we've come! :kiss:

I started this pregnancy at 142lbs. Went down to 136lbs thanks to hg. Now at 25 weeks I weigh 157lbs. I feel gross, all the weight has gone to my butt and my thighs! &#128551;

I'm honestly not so much worried about my own weight and losing it afterwards, I just always get anxious when I hear stories of how excessive weight gain, or not enough weight gain can affect the baby for years afterwards. I probably should stay away from google...

Last time I gained 30 lbs and left the hospital 17lbs lighter (baby was 9 lbs). I didn't care much and wasn't able to work out for 6 weeks because of my c section. But I found that it took me FOREVER to get it off. I'm petite (5'2 and normally 110) and was very active 6 days/week until 9 months - but I just couldn't shed the weight. It took me a good 7 months to get down to 110. I think that's why I'm so nervous about it this time.

This time I'm not AS active due to having a toddler to keep me busy, but I eat the same as I did before pregnancy - only indulging in something sweet or bad like once a week. Other than that it's all clean eating over here, so the weight I'm gaining is necessary. That being said, I'm still finding it SUPER HARD to see the numbers go up on the scale. I talked to my Dr and he just said to not weigh myself every day :dohh: haha That doesn't help someone who has anxiety about gaining too much. I'm worried if I don't look at the scale, it will BALLOON out of control....

I'm worried if I don't look at the scale, it will BALLOON out of control....

That's my exact feeling! Not looking at the scale is just as much of a nightmare as looking at it, my goodness.
I just have to convince myself that I'm eating well and what I am gaining is what I'm supposed to gain BECAUSE I'm pregnant. Because the thought that comes to mind sometimes is definitely more of a "what did I do wrong that I'm gaining this much weight??"

I really think it's just out of our hands. I try and try to eat. I've gained 8-9lbs and my OB encourages me to do better. It scares me that it may be hurting my baby :cry: I was 134 and now I'm 142. I know I'd gained better by now in my other pregnancies...

What's coming up for everyone? I have my glucose test next week.

I have my glucose test in 3 weeks, was supposed to be sooner but we will be out of town! I'm currently considering switching ob's/practices. Waiting to hear if the new one will accept me as a vba2c. In 4 weeks it will be my last 4 week appointment and then I start every 2 weeks, crazy how fast it is all going now!

I go back for my last 3 weeks appt on the 26th. Then I'm every two weeks as well. I am currently debating on scheduling a 4d ultrasound. It's $175 out of pocket but I feel like it's been ages since I've seen our little man and I don't know if we'll see him again before he is born. Part of me wants to do it but part of me wants it to be a surprise too. I don't have much longer though - I hit my third trimester on Saturday!! :happydance:

Last week was a tough one. My coworker told us Wednesday that his wife was miscarrying and he'd be taking the rest of the week off. Now this morning I had to see him with my large belly protruding. I just wish I could take their pain away. I remember how hard it was to see pregnant women after we lost Baby T last year. :sad2:

We scheduled my c section - October 25! So just under 15 weeks. I hope it goes fast!

Glucose is in 2 weeks, and I'm not sure about appts after that. My OB is pretty laid back, which I like :). He didn't start biweekly checks until later last time, which is fine with me. My LO doesn't love sitting around his office waiting lol.

Wow sunshine how exciting! I need to decide if I want a repeat c section or vbac. My oldest was vaginal and my second was scheduled c section due to being breech. I honestly had a way better c section experience than vaginal birth. But the recovery!!!!! Such a tough choice.

Ashaford, I'm so sorry about your coworker. Congratulations on hitting 3rd tri!!!!

It's such a bad recovery, I'll admit. I am nervous about it again - but I have some anxiety issues and so we planned to do the c section for my first pregnancy and that's the plan again this time!

I've heard of a few people who have needed stat c sections and that whole situation sounds so terrifying to me, that I'd just rather know from the get go. But, it's such a personal choice. When do you need to decide?

Yes the recovery is awful, the main reason I've decided to try for vba2c!!

Ashaford so sorry to hear about your coworker :cry: Mc are so very hard, and it does feel strange to be obviously pregnant when you know someone is dealing with a loss :(

My glucose test is 3 weeks from today.
My dad has diabetes, but I'm hoping to come away without any difficulties anyway. I really don't want to have to do the 3 hours.

My friend lost a baby last week (at 9 weeks), too, Ashaford, and I am just so torn about it because I know that I'm going to start looking very pregnant, soon, and she's not going to get to. I wish it didn't have to happen like that. :(

Hi girls. I'm passing my diabetes test tomorrow, yuck! I already feel like I'm ready to give birth. I'm so huge and uncomfy. I have pain and numbness in my butt and thighs which stop me from sleeping properly. My lower back feels like it's gonna break in two. I need to pee all the time. Fun fun fun lol
Seriously, it all happens earlier the second time around! &#128551;&#128517;

I was wondering about that Dana....I feel awful already. For me it's just a constant full, bloated feeling but it's all day. I'm miserable lol also sleep deprived.

I survived the test! lol

Now it's past midnight, I've been in bed since 9:30, exhausted, but I can't sleep. Stupid restless legs syndrome. &#128557;

Passed my glucose test but my hemoglobin is extremely low. Probably getting a blood transfusion this week....

Ttc sorry about needing a transfusion, I hope it helps!

Ebaurhaus I'm so sorry about your friend :cry: I hope she finds some peace and gets her rainbow baby soon :hugs:

We are all in that uncomfortable stage lol and it's only going to get worse :rofl: I'm at 30 weeks and can't breathe lol my blood platelets are low so I'll be having another blood draw to see if they're still dropping. But my next appointment isn't until the 9th. Does everyone plan to get their whooping cough vaccine?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->