• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

FALL 2017 Rainbows~ 7 Rainbows born!

Ah still that's a bit unnerving about your platelets! Hopefully they stabilize.

I'd love to get the vaccine but I'm allergic 😐

Sorry about the transfusion!! That sounds awful!!

What will they do about your platelets being low?

I have gotten the vaccine every time and will again this time!! I just feel it's so important to protect them every way we can!

Going on a hospital your today of l&d and postpartum. And then another tour tomorrow of another vba2c friendly hospital!

Good luck today, Pink! I need to go tour our L&D floor. My mom works at the hospital so I'm familiar with it but never really paid attention to L&D. :)

E - I'm so sorry about your friends loss. I wish no one ever had to go through losing a baby. It's hard at any stage. :(

At what point are you given the option to get the whooping cough vaccine? No one has mentioned it to me, as of yet... but I would definitely get it if it's recommended, for sure. Shouldn't daddy get it, too?

They usually recommend it in 3rd tri. Anyone going to be around baby in the first few weeks, before they are old enough to receive it, should get it!

The hospital tour was terrible. The hospital is awful, dark, dirty, smelled like urine, and shared rooms. I have another hospital to tour today. The only other hospital that will take me as a vba2c. I've also found another Dr that I read about last night who is close and will do vba2c, so I'm going to call his office today!

Hope it goes well, Pink. I can't believe that hospital. Ours are great here, we're really lucky.

I am struggling with hospitals too. My mom works at Jackson as the Director of Respiratory. Obviously nothing to do with L&D but she knows all the staff and I know we'd be well taken care of. My doctor prefers Baptist that is right next to his office (and about 15 minutes closer to our house) because he can pop over quickly and easily check on me before, during and after delivery. One downside is Baptist is where I went into labor at 17 weeks last year. It was a terrible experience and I felt like I was in a third world country in the ER. My husband had to get the nurse when I delivered because no one was checking on us. That hospital has a lot of bad mojo with it. :( Another hitch - the pediatrician I want doesn't go to Jackson, at all, so she couldn't check on him after delivery. I spoke to our OB yesterday and he assured me L&D at Baptist is much better than the ER. BUT if we can plan a delivery at Jackson (i.e. scheduled inducement or c-section) then he'd be okay with that. And obviously if I'm more comfortable at Jackson he will do what I want but it was clear he prefers Baptist. Another thing of note: if baby was born with complications - even just a little fluid on his lungs - he'd be transported from Jackson to Baptist anyway because Jackson doesn't have that level of a nursery. And I'd be stuck recovering at Jackson. All signs seem to point to Baptist but I'm just not sure. So now hubs and I are going to tour Baptist and see what it feels like.

Pink that sounds horrible!!!! No way would I want to go there! I think it's crazy you have to find a hospital that "allows" vba2c. I mean for so many, vba2c is now commonplace. I'm sorry you're stuck with crappy Options.

Ashaford, with all you've said, I would probably lean toward baptist but I know how awful it is to relive things :cry:

There are really 3 main hospitals here to choose from. My doctor only delivers at one which is fine. I had fine experiences there before. I still just don't know if I want to try a vbac.

That sounds so stressful about choosing the hospitals! I am planning a home birth so I'm not dealing with all of that but if needed the hospital I would go to is only about 5 or 10 minutes away and apparently is very good for their birthing centers. It's new and the labour and delivery ward is apparently really impressive. For the whooping cough vaccine, I am allergic to the vaccination (apparently I had seizures after I got it as a baby) so I'm not vaccinated which makes me nervous but I guess there is not much I can do except rely on the herd immunity and hope that people around me have been vaccinated.

I would love to have a home birth. I think the cost of a midwife is holding me back the most!

It is absolutely ridiculous that I'm having to find some where that will "allow" me to vba2c. Especially since the ACOG says that moms with 2 and sometimes more prior c-sections are perfectly reasonable candidates for vaginal birth and the risks associated are minimal, and in fact the risks of a 3rd c-section is higher than the risk of a vba2c. My other tour was the same. They are both public charity hospitals, run by the same county system, so they were almost identical to each other. But the one I saw yesterday is 30 years newer and in that aspect was a little nicer and cleaner, but it still has shared rooms. It does have the highest vbac rates in our state though! And they will allow you home in just 24 hours, as long as mom and baby are well (and it's a vaginal birth).

I did Google for about 5 hours two nights ago, looking for anyone in my area that would take me. I found on one of the other baby websites some people talking about a Dr in a clinic literally 3 minutes from my house that allows vba2c. The problem is the last post was in 2015. So I don't know if he still allows it. But I called there yesterday and the nurse set me up an appointment to consult with him on August 18th. So that's pretty exciting! I'm going to come in fully armed with knowledge and information on why I'm a good candidate and plead my case for at least a tolac. I'm touring the hospital he delivers at today and I'm going to ask the staff if they've had any vbacs/vba2c. I'm hopeful but not going to hold my breathe.

Good luck, Pink! I hope this doctor will allow you a vba2c. I agree with you - there are so many studies now that say its safe. I think gone are the days of once-a-c-section, always a c-section. Keep us posted!

That sounds so stressful about choosing the hospitals! I am planning a home birth so I'm not dealing with all of that but if needed the hospital I would go to is only about 5 or 10 minutes away and apparently is very good for their birthing centers. It's new and the labour and delivery ward is apparently really impressive. For the whooping cough vaccine, I am allergic to the vaccination (apparently I had seizures after I got it as a baby) so I'm not vaccinated which makes me nervous but I guess there is not much I can do except rely on the herd immunity and hope that people around me have been vaccinated.

Miss yogi that's exactly what happened to me! So I'm very nervous my babies get no protection from whooping cough in utero. I made my husband and my parents and sisters get the vaccine with my other two babies. And with a winter baby I know we just won't get out much at first.
I really wish I could try the vaccine as an adult but everyone I've spoken to says it's a horrible idea.

Good luck with the search pink! It sounds so tough in the states! Here in canada it is all covered on health care and you have the option between obgyn or midwife. The trouble is just that you have to apply very early for midwives because there isn't enough funding so there aren't enough midwives for everyone to have one. I applied literally the day I got a positive test.

Ttc- that is so reassuring that there is someone else out there like me! When I told my current doctor I was allergic she hardly believed me and wanted to talk to my mom to get the full story. I think I will bring it up with the midwife at my next appointment though because it makes me so nervous.

TTC/Miss Yogi I actually know a lot of people allergic to that vaccine. that's why its so important that those of us who are not get the vaccination, to help protect those who cant get it. As long as you have anyone who is going to be around the baby get the vaccine, you should be okay :thumbup:

Midwives/homebirths are much more difficult in the US, that is for sure. Most health insurance wont cover it either :nope:

Pink I totally agree its ridiculous that it is this difficult for you to find someone willing to do Vba2c. I hope you can find someone soon!:flower:

Ashaford sorry you're having to deal with the hospital struggle. I hope touring the L&D will reassure you that it wont be the same kind of experience there :hugs:

I got my blood platelets drawn again, they dropped but only by 1 point so hopefully they just stay that way, FX. Making a trip to Ikea today to buy a changing table/dresser combo :happydance:

Happy Friday Ladies!:flower:We are almost all in 3rd Tri now:happydance:

Hi ladies, I'm still around, just haven't been checking in much.

Sorry to hear of the hospitals and Vbac troubles. Pink, I hope it works out for you and you get a decent hospital.

I'm feeling uncomfortable now. I'm having more Braxton hicks and my stomach gets rock hard, making it uncomfortable to sit. My lower back and butt are sore most of the time sitting for most of the 8.5 hour days I work. I think I'm going to ask my OB to put me off work soon. Are you all still working?

I feel you on being uncomfortable med :hugs: I hope your Dr can help you with the work situation! Sitting for long periods of time definitely is a strain on your back:nope:

On a secluded island this week for a family vacation at a beach house! So hard to update as this island has no service!

I've written a long update in my journal of the hospital tours stuff, I'll copy and paste it when I have the chance, but I feel like I got some really good news! Hoping to continue getting good news re:vba2c and vba2c friendly drs.

I've been getting a ton of Braxton hicks too. Very uncomfortable for sure. And I was so swollen yesterday , probably from the long drive to this island (I drove through the night to allow both girls to sleep). Anyway it's much better today, I've been sure to hydrate well and got some good sleep last night!

Hope you enjoy your vacation Pink! Love staying in beach houses, we did that last year and it was fantastic <3

Next appointment for me is Aug 9th. 6 more weeks until full term :happydance: I'm throwing a shower for another lady....she wanted to do it at the end of September and I was like uh....well we can but i'm due Oct 2nd, so....lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->