FALL 2017 Rainbows~ 7 Rainbows born!

I understand the 39 weeks thing. Dates cn be wrong meaning baby can be younger than what you/drs think. That happened when i had to be induced with dd2. They thought I was 36. Based on everything they actually think I was 34 :(

Asha I hope you share pics of your nursery!

Missyogi yay for showers! How lucky you get 2! Are these people in different places throwing them for you?

I eat small amounts of sushi on occasion and I eat sandwiches, but we don't buy processed deli meat which is what my dr said you're supposed to avoid due to the nitrates in them. Idk if that's true since everyone has a different opinion on it but we are a turkey and cheese house lol

I was so certain my first would come early. Nope she was 2 days late :haha: but I'll take pregnant forever over being induced again. Lol def no judgement here on ladies hoping it's sooner rather than later. I have a whole Pinterest board of labor cakes, cookies, and smoothies to try as soon as I hit 37 weeks :rofl: Ordered my EPO and raspberry leaf tea from Amazon yesterday:thumbup: official date is Oct 2nd so we will see! Starting to get slimy discharge when I wipe (tmi and ew I know lol)

Still - what is your Pinterest name? I am going to have to follow your labor cake/cookie/smoothie board. :)

Hubs and I still haven't decided to induce yet. We have a date penciled in for Oct 2nd but we are both of the mind to let him come when he's ready. However, the doctor doesn't want me going past my due date (Oct 7th) because there's a chance he may be a big baby. We will know more next week when we have a 36w ultrasound.

Anyone else getting really annoyed with unsolicited advice? My SIL is pregnant with her fourth child. I understand she has been there, done that but everyone is different. She asked me about pain management. I told her I'm sure I'll opt for something but I was in labor for 6 hours last year with no help and I survived. Granted I was only 17 weeks along but mentally I'm prepared for the contractions at least. She went on and on and on about how much different it is... mind you she's never had a child naturally before. I finally just said thank you and went outside with the guys. :shhh: Then later that night she asked if I was going to have him in our room at first. I said probably not. So then she said "YOU SAY THAT NOW... blah blah blah." Again - just thanked her and walked away.

Still - what is your Pinterest name? I am going to have to follow your labor cake/cookie/smoothie board. :)

Hubs and I still haven't decided to induce yet. We have a date penciled in for Oct 2nd but we are both of the mind to let him come when he's ready. However, the doctor doesn't want me going past my due date (Oct 7th) because there's a chance he may be a big baby. We will know more next week when we have a 36w ultrasound.

Anyone else getting really annoyed with unsolicited advice? My SIL is pregnant with her fourth child. I understand she has been there, done that but everyone is different. She asked me about pain management. I told her I'm sure I'll opt for something but I was in labor for 6 hours last year with no help and I survived. Granted I was only 17 weeks along but mentally I'm prepared for the contractions at least. She went on and on and on about how much different it is... mind you she's never had a child naturally before. I finally just said thank you and went outside with the guys. :shhh: Then later that night she asked if I was going to have him in our room at first. I said probably not. So then she said "YOU SAY THAT NOW... blah blah blah." Again - just thanked her and walked away.

Oh, goodness.

My sister just announced her pregnancy and I told her how B6 and Unisom are supposed to help nausea and told her the reason they said not to change her due date at her nearly 12 week appointment is because sizes can be pretty inaccurate at that point... oh, and that maternity medicare exists... other than that, I told her if she wants any advice to ask me, lol.

So, I hope not to be too crazy with things like that.

I'm kind of glad I don't live closer to my in-laws because of your story. I'd stress myself out every time I saw them.

Asha how frustrating! In some ways it's nice that people seem to care less about subsequent babies because I get way way less unwanted advice than I did with my first.
I'm sorry but what really bugs me is how your SIL basically acts like your labor last year wasn't real labor. Even my miscarriages, while not as painful, still had definite contractions and pain like labor. So I can imagine when you delivered your sweet Baby T it was very similar to labor. You'll do well and your doctors and nurses can obviously help much more with pain relief if needed. Big hugs. I'm sorry I just really find that insensitive of her. :hugs:

Still, it feels so crazy and unfair to wait to 39 this time since he's a fertility treatment babe :rofl: But at the end of the day I did have one in the NICU (zero fun) and my second at 37 weeks had feeding issues for like 2 months and I think a 39 weeker will be a lot easier!
I'm so excited you're getting so close! Do you happen to know if red raspberry leaf tea is ok for afterward? Like does it affect nursing babies? Id like to use it to get my uterus back in shape!

So...I'm officially scheduled for Halloween delivery! 7 more appointments to go! Yesterday my dr scheduled them all out starting in 2 weeks until delivery! It feels close but SO FAR!

TTC - How exciting! Maybe your LO will hold out until Nov 1. :) I can't believe we're all so close. We tentatively have a date for Oct 2nd but the doctor doesn't think I'll make it that long. So I have at most 4 more appointments. So excited! And he ordered an ultrasound for Wednesday so I'll get a sneak peak at our little guy.

I hope you all are doing well this week.

The babies are coming so soon now! I am officially off work now (it's still early but as a teacher I didn't want to start a new year with a new class) and I'm getting some things ready. I just can't believe we are all going to meet our babes so soon!

Missyogi hope your enjoying being off work!

Asha GL at your next ultrasound! I think you handled the advice well. People are annoying with their unwanted advice. Honestly the only advice I ever give unsolicited is "be flexible. Be open minded and remember its okay to change your mind. About anything: labor, feeding, sleeping, parenting etc. There's a million ways to do things" :)
My Pinterest name is kunhardt1577, I have a million boards but the one with the recipes is called baby time lol

TTC how exciting to have a date scheduled! I drank red raspberry leaf tea with both of my girls and never had issues with breastfeeding:thumbup: I don't have any experience with the capsules while pregnant though. I took those for heavy periods and they helped though lol

I get my new rocking chair on Wednesday :happydance:

Asha only 4 weeks at most!!!!! How crazy!!!! It's nice to have that expiration date even if you will likely go sooner. My Halloween date is a c section so really no chance he'll hold out. That's ok though! I'm happy to get that date set and maybe I'll go into labor sooner on my own! I hope you do too!

Miss Yogi yay for being off work!

Still, I LOVE the advice you give. It's so so true! And yay for your new rocker!

Oh my gosh ladies I can't believe how close we all are!

At least once a week and sometimes more, I get sick (at night) with diarrhea and vomiting :( it's so exhausting. Last night I was literally sitting on the toilet and simultaneously holding a trashcan to throw up in :cry: It's not connected to a particular food either. sorry for the complaint I'm just so tired of it happening :(

Is anyone doing evening primrose oil?

Sorry I've been mia, dealing with all the stuff from hurricane Harvey, trying to get set up with my new midwife and still prepare for more storms.

Still, so sorry you are dealing with being sick. Is it always just pregnancy related or do you have a stomach bug? Also, I don't know enough about what evening primrose oil is for, could you explain it?

Pink, I'm so glad that you are alright, we've all been watching the hurricane and aftermath with such shock. Is any of your property damaged?

We finally got our mattress for the crib! Now we just need a sheet, we need to anchor the wardrobes to the walls, put up the new curtains, and put in the changing table when FIL is finished making it. Starting to get really excited now!

Checking in! Hope everyone is doing well.

7 weeks to go here. SO ready.

We were hit with a flood last week and had 4 feet of water in our basement, we lost 90% of our stuff. I was down there at the beginning of it grabbing everything I could. I managed to get the baby cradle my grandpa made for me when I was a baby. It's what we use for the first 6 months, and it's a family heirloom...it weighs 50 pounds but I had it over my head to save it. I was so happy. I also saved the rocking chair my mom fixed up and painted for me and a few other baby things. Unfortunately mostly everything else is gone - just when we thought we were "ready" and didn't have to buy anything, it's back to the drawing board and amazon. It could be worse of course, especially when we hear about Houston, but it's still a tough pill to swallow.

Anyways, that's what I was dealing with this week. Because of that, we have now moved everything up to our room (cradle, dresser, rocking chair etc.), all of the baby stuff we were planning on leaving down for a few more weeks. So in a way, it's nice to have everything up and ready. Tomorrow I'm going to go through the dressers and put baby boys things in, and move LO's clothes back into her room.

PFEW. What a week.

Pink - I completely forgot you were in Texas. I am so glad you all are safe. My dad and sister are in Houston. Luckily they are both okay. My dad had water two feet from his house at the worst of it but he was lucky. My sister had to be evacuated from her apartment. :(

Sunshine - I am so sorry about your basement flooding. That is so scary. I'm glad you were able to save the pieces that meant so much to you.

Still - I am sorry you've been so sick. I am not familiar with evening primrose oil either. I had a an upset tummy this weekend but it was just due to the pizza I ate for three days because hubs was out of town and I didn't feel like cooking. Back to grilled chicken and veggies this week. :(

Pink glad you and your family are safe. Fx Irma stays away from you guys! I hope you can get in with the midwife soon! I'm super jealous you have a midwife lol

Sunshine I'm so sorry to hear about the flooding :hugs: I'm glad you were able to save the furniture though, especially with it having sentimental value!

Ashford I hope your family stays safe and are able to return home soon :hugs:

EPO (evening primrose oil) is to prevent tearing during labor, particularly in the pushing stage. There are varying opinions about when to start taking/increasing it but I'm a firm believer in it lol I didn't know about it with dd1 and I had a minor tear. I took it with dd2 and had no tearing, even with quite a traumatic delivery. I started at 35 weeks taking it orally, and I plan to increase at 37 and take it vaginally as well.

The sickness is pregnancy related. I had it with dd2 as well but much worse so I'm glad it's only sometimes, unlike with her it was every night :shock:

Hi ladies. Making a quick pop in. I had my first appointment with the midwife today. 2 hours long :shock: but it was good. I go back in 2 weeks and then start my weekly visits!!!
Still, most people around me (that know) are super skeptical and sharing some nasty opinions of me going with a midwife. Mostly because I'm a vba2c. I understand their trepidation but at the same time they aren't educated on the stats of risks and what not. So I've opted to not tell anyone about it really!!

Pink I don't blame you for keeping it to yourself. I don't understand how no matter what your birth plans are, natural, medicated, csection, induction, home birth, hospital birth etc, people are just down right hostile and always have something terrible to say. I think it's awesome that you want to do vba2c, and the science is really on your side, especially with a midwife! My close friend is wanting to do VBaC and she's gotten so much negativity for it. Due to my history my hospitals policy doesn't allow for me to be seen by a midwife :(

I'm pretty good at shutting people down when they give me their unsolicited advice. I CHOSE to have a c section, and I CHOSE to formula feed. There were two people in my life who constantly hounded me on it, but after I put my foot down and told them it was my decision, they backed off. It's so unnecessary, and I can't imagine forcing my opinion on a pregnant lady. Live, and let live.

Pink, that's so crappy people give you a hard time! Thinking of you lately with the flooding reports :hugs:

Still, people are giving me a hard time for NOT wanting a vbac. No pleasing others.... and yay! We're just about on labor watch for you now!!!! When do you think he'll be here?

Sunshine, I agree with your philosophy! Sorry to hear about your flooding!!!!

MissYogi, sounds like you're ready!!!! Feeling ok?

Asha, you feeling ok these days?

As for me, I'm on the 8 week count down! Only 7 weeks 4 days till my section! I spent Tuesday in the hospital getting monitored as I almost passed out in a restaurant. My blood count is just very low. Unfortunately not much to do except hang in until he comes out. I wish people understood how horrible I feel ALL the time. Makes first tri seem like a joke! I feel so weak and nauseous constantly and just dizzy and lightheaded. I have 2 wild boys at home and a husband who works 12-18 hour days. It's very challenging and I literally rarely leave my house because when I do, I have a bad episode like Tuesday. I'm not meaning to whine. I'm extremely grateful for my baby. But I wish someone would take pity and HELP ME somehow. But there's not much that can be done I realize.

Ttc- that's terrible you are feeling so gross lately, hopefully it eases up rather than getting worse over the next few weeks. So soon now though so the end is in sight!

Sunshine- how's the basement flooding? It's so stressful when that happens, make sure to take care of yourself.

Pink- that is totally fair to not talk about your decision with people. I am sort of in a similar boat with my decision to go for a home birth. I don't necessarily hide it, but I sort of change the subject when it comes up otherwise people like to start judging

Still- you are so close now! You must be excited!

I am definitely not feeling ready, lots to do and get still. I'm working on putting together a birthing kit with the things I'll need for my home birth like towels and shower curtains but so far all I have are a big bag of the most massive pads I've ever seen. I have a baby shower this weekend though, and my main baby shower is in two weekends from now so hopefully then I'll start feeling more organized and ready.

I've been MIA for a while but caught up with all the posts.

Glad everyone seems to be doing well. I got my Dr to write me off work 2 weeks ago and I feel much better! Sitting all day was killer! My OB is off on Mat leave now so I meet her replacement today then my appointments will be weekly I'm 35 weeks so Not long now. My son was a week early so maybe this baby will be early too?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->