Fall is here...now to plant my little pumpkin seed!!!

When do expect af?

Last time I got af 5 days after I stopped my progesterone. I need to talk to dh and look at the calendar because we have some things going on next month. We will have to plan our iui around those days.

Morning ladies - CD1! At least it didn't draw on forever! I'm excited to start a new cycle and move on to injectable meds. We made some progress last cycle and were able to fertilize so I'm hoping we'll be able to fix the lining issue with the injectable meds and create a comfortable environment for someone to move in for the next 9 months!

Anyone that has been on clomid and progesterone please give input. My first cycle was holy hot flashes especially at night. I would wake up soaked in sweat. We even had our AC on 65-68. I would only have a sheet and light blanket on me, mostly for the weight and comfort to sleep. This cycle I had no symptoms. No hot flashes, no bloating, nothing. Any one else have this and if so what did the next cycle do so I can prepare?

Sorry no experience with Clomid, FutureBabyG, but I think there's still time for a BFP this cycle for you!

My side effects were never that severe.

However sometimes each cycle the symptoms are less severe because your body is used to the med.

Letrozole gave me horrible hot flashes and night sweats, one month I didn't have any and was worried. I even said something about it to dh, but my cd21 test showed good numbers. I don't think that it makes any difference!!

I just had a really weird Day 3 scan (on CD2).

Apparently my doctor wasn't there today (no one never said anything about it before, during, or after my appointment) so the entire appointment was handled by the 85-year-old RN. I know she's very experienced so I have no problems with that. I've been going to this clinic for exactly one year now and I've never been seen by anyone else but my own doctor. My doctor ALWAYS scanned me, even on the days he was in the hospital performing surgeries he would still rush back to the clinic to see me. Maybe he's out of town, who knows?

What the nurse said just totally didn't make sense. I showed her my positive tests from 13-15DPO (the lines are now VERY visible to the naked eye 4-5 days afterwards) but she claimed that I was never pregnant last cycle because in order to be pregnant the test line has to be the same color as the control. I told her, no, this is PREGNANCY test, not an OPK. She said because I was on Letrozole the medication could have messed with my hormones and causing it to produce small amounts of HCG. All that the "positive" pregnancy tests showed was that they picked up small amounts of HCG, but that was not an indication that I was pregnant. She said she's had many women coming in with lines on their pregnancy tests but blood test was completely negative.

Well, now I know if I ever get a BFP again I will NOT go in for betas until the test line is almost the same as the control!

Anyway, I am to start the injectable meds today (CD2 - isn't that kind of early?) at 75 IU and go back for a follow up scan on Tuesday. I had a laundry list of questions for my doctor and I tried to ask the nurse some of them but she was confusing me more than providing answers so I'll save them all until I see my doctor.

I just had a really weird Day 3 scan (on CD2).

Apparently my doctor wasn't there today (no one never said anything about it before, during, or after my appointment) so the entire appointment was handled by the 85-year-old RN. I know she's very experienced so I have no problems with that. I've been going to this clinic for exactly one year now and I've never been seen by anyone else but my own doctor. My doctor ALWAYS scanned me, even on the days he was in the hospital performing surgeries he would still rush back to the clinic to see me. Maybe he's out of town, who knows?

What the nurse said just totally didn't make sense. I showed her my positive tests from 13-15DPO (the lines are now VERY visible to the naked eye 4-5 days afterwards) but she claimed that I was never pregnant last cycle because in order to be pregnant the test line has to be the same color as the control. I told her, no, this is PREGNANCY test, not an OPK. She said because I was on Letrozole the medication could have messed with my hormones and causing it to produce small amounts of HCG. All that the "positive" pregnancy tests showed was that they picked up small amounts of HCG, but that was not an indication that I was pregnant. She said she's had many women coming in with lines on their pregnancy tests but blood test was completely negative.

Well, now I know if I ever get a BFP again I will NOT go in for betas until the test line is almost the same as the control!

Anyway, I am to start the injectable meds today (CD2 - isn't that kind of early?) at 75 IU and go back for a follow up scan on Tuesday. I had a laundry list of questions for my doctor and I tried to ask the nurse some of them but she was confusing me more than providing answers so I'll save them all until I see my doctor.

I am no dr, but all of that seems completely crazy to me. I was on clomid & femara...I was NEVER warned about false positives on a test...only that the trigger will create a false positive so do not test until 14 dpo (I always tested trigger out). I think she may be batty. And I don't think ANY hpt says that about the lines...they all say a line is a line. As far as the meds, I am not sure. I was on a higher dose of injections starting day 7 (150 the first cycle, then upped to 225 per day for 3 days). But I guess a smaller dose leading up to O could have the same effect.

Does your dr do email? Maybe email him some questions.

I agree with beaglemom! That does sound completely wrong! I was on letrozole for 7 cycles, and never heard of that!

I know - it's completely crazy. Even the test instruction itself says one line might be lighter and it's still positive. And I've never heard or read anything anywhere about letrozole increasing HCG's when you're NOT pregnant.

No emails. I'll have to wait till Tuesday to speak to my doctor.

You still do OPK's with follistim, right? Follistim doesn't give false positive on OPK, does it?

I know - it's completely crazy. Even the test instruction itself says one line might be lighter and it's still positive. And I've never heard or read anything anywhere about letrozole increasing HCG's when you're NOT pregnant.

No emails. I'll have to wait till Tuesday to speak to my doctor.

You still do OPK's with follistim, right? Follistim doesn't give false positive on OPK, does it?

No I don't think it gives a false positive. Are you also taking femara? Because femara can. I never really used opks because my cycle was so regulated...but you O before me so I may keep oing it if I were you just to double check. Are you doing a trigger as well? How are they timing everything?

No Femara, just Follistim this cycle. Yes I'll be doing trigger although I haven't decided if I want to do the IUI or not. I might do a cycle with just the injectables and see how I respond before adding the IUI.

I will be going back on Tuesday for another scan. Depending on things look on Tuesday I might have to go back every day or every other day until O is what the nurse told me.

No Femara, just Follistim this cycle. Yes I'll be doing trigger although I haven't decided if I want to do the IUI or not. I might do a cycle with just the injectables and see how I respond before adding the IUI.

I will be going back on Tuesday for another scan. Depending on things look on Tuesday I might have to go back every day or every other day until O is what the nurse told me.

I would be tempted to drop the IUI as well since you have gotten pregnant again. I think the meds will really help...plus the trigger is very exact..you will feel better knowing exactly when to expect O.

The only injections I ever had was a trigger that I did at 9 pm 36 hours before iui. I would only go in for a cd 10 scan and usually I had enough mature follicles that day to trigger. So with injectables you go every day? Is that to prevent hyperstimulation? Why did you have cd3 scan on cd2?

The only injections I ever had was a trigger that I did at 9 pm 36 hours before iui. I would only go in for a cd 10 scan and usually I had enough mature follicles that day to trigger. So with injectables you go every day? Is that to prevent hyperstimulation? Why did you have cd3 scan on cd2?

My schedule seems different from Floridasian...& I also never had issues with early O. I took femara CD 3-7, follistm CD 7-9 @ 150 iu. I went in on CD 10 to check & each time I was ready so I did trigger CD 10 & IUI CD 12. But if you have an early O or do not develop properly, I can see needing more scans.

I think the daily scan or every other day scan is to monitor the growth so they can adjust the dosage of the follistim or add other meds accordingly. They start me at 75 iu and I go back on Tuesday. If there's little growth by Tuesday (CD6) they might up the dosage. If the growth is too rapid they might decrease or stop it altogether and will know exactly when to trigger. Also if the lining is still too thin I think they will be able to give me estrogen supplement to help grow the lining as well. The clinic isn't generally open on Saturdays. They would only have you go in on a Saturday for IUI, retrievals, ect. For ultrasounds, I think there is little difference between CD2 and CD3.

Since this is my first cycle on Follistim they have no idea how I would respond to it so more scans might be needed to monitor me closely.

Oh ok, just curious! Dh and I are talking about the possibility of doing ivf. We are going to do these supplements for a while to give us enough time to save up the money for it. I would rather not finance it because if it doesn't work that monthly payment would be just a horrible reminder. I have been told that I have excellent lining and a healthy uterus, so our chances would be high. My old re said I think 80 percent. Also my mom has volunteered to help with a donation only yard sale and get the rest of our family to donate stuff for the yard sale. And then there are grants, which arent guaranteed, so I would rather have the money together before applying for the grant.

Oh ok, just curious! Dh and I are talking about the possibility of doing ivf. We are going to do these supplements for a while to give us enough time to save up the money for it. I would rather not finance it because if it doesn't work that monthly payment would be just a horrible reminder. I have been told that I have excellent lining and a healthy uterus, so our chances would be high. My old re said I think 80 percent. Also my mom has volunteered to help with a donation only yard sale and get the rest of our family to donate stuff for the yard sale. And then there are grants, which arent guaranteed, so I would rather have the money together before applying for the grant.

I applied for a grant. I would advise you to go ahead & researc & apply. The application can be long & the waiting time after submitting also long...mine is 6 weeks. I have pretty much given upon it...we will just finance. For so many reasons we would rather move forward before end of year.

I just really wish that insurance would cover infertility. Do you guys know about resolve? They have so many people fighting for that very thing. They also do walks if hope and tell you about support groups in your area. It is a very good group. The website is resolve.org. it has tips on dealing with infertility, and coping during holidays like mithers day and fathers day. My mom found out about them, and uses the advice. She is amazing! She even sends dh and I cards on mother/fathers day just to acknowledge that she is proud that we have been so strong and that we are going to be awesome parents. She also has used it to counsel people on things not to say to us that are insensitive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->