Fall is here...now to plant my little pumpkin seed!!!

I was googling follistim+trigger+timed intercourse success stories last night and I stumbled upon someone saying that Starbucks offers their employees infertility coverage through their health insurance. You only need to work 20 hours a week to qualify. They cover medication as well as treatment.

I told DH that and he was like, so now you want to quit your job and go work for Starbucks, eh?

While I wouldn't quit my job for it, it might be possible to pick it up as a second job. The most recent information I found was from 2013 so I'm not sure if they still do it after Obamacare started.

Took my first Follistim shot last night. It wasn't too bad. I felt next to nothing when the needle went in but it was slightly uncomfortable when the medication was pushed in. In all, not too bad.

20141025_143633.jpg

I took Syris to petsmart for the first time today, he had a blast! We decided that he should be a banana split for Halloween!!

Everyone has been quiet in here the last couple of days, how are you ladies?

Good morning...anxiously awaiting my IVF appt on Thurs. Floridasian - how is the follistim treating you? I did find that once meds got involved I became quite tired often...it is a mix of meds & mental exhaustion I think.

I also spent a lot of time preparing for lunch this week last night...made my sandwich, made jello pudding, filled my small juice containers. I basically realized last night time will be creeping up on me fast. I want to start putting good stuff in my body like V8 juice, carrot juice, POM juice, & also preparing for snacks through the day. I know once pregnant I will need to drink a lot more water than I am used to & also snack more. So just trying to get those habits started.

Also made muffins last night as a quick grab for breakfast & brownies. If any of you ladies have a Trader Joes, go pick up their fat free brownie mix. You basically just add yogurt to the mix...they are SO GOOD! We are not near one so when we do go to one we stock up like 5 boxes. I also really like their carrot juice.

Floridasian - I remember you either not liking POM juice or it not liking you. Have you tried the other flavors they have? They have coconut & mango & pineapple. I really like them.

Follistim is definitely making me a bit tired. The injections aren't too bad but I'm definitely getting some scary-looking bruises on my belling. Any tips on how to prevent them? If not, when will they go away? I can only imagine what my stomach will look like in 10 days with 12 bruises!

I like POM juice. It just makes me nauseous for some reason. I can only drink it with food otherwise I get super nauseous!

Froggy I love dressing my pets up for Halloween too! We got a Mrs. Clause outfit for the cats one year and submitted the photos for a contest. While we didn't win they did make it into the local newspaper!

Are you currently on BCP, beaglemom? How long are you on that for?

Follistim is definitely making me a bit tired. The injections aren't too bad but I'm definitely getting some scary-looking bruises on my belling. Any tips on how to prevent them? If not, when will they go away? I can only imagine what my stomach will look like in 10 days with 12 bruises!

I like POM juice. It just makes me nauseous for some reason. I can only drink it with food otherwise I get super nauseous!

Froggy I love dressing my pets up for Halloween too! We got a Mrs. Clause outfit for the cats one year and submitted the photos for a contest. While we didn't win they did make it into the local newspaper!

Are you currently on BCP, beaglemom? How long are you on that for?

ICE ICE ICE! I used ice on my belly...left it there for a minute & I would scratch that area with my nail to test it for numbness. The needle was barely felt & the bruising & heat was almost nothing. Sometimes I could feel the meds burn but maybe that was mostly the trigger. All in all, not a bad experience. But I only did it for 3 days & then the trigger.

I dressed my pups up as Santa & Mrs one year...they were not happy. I have a good pic of Santa laying down so he looks drunk! I also dressed them up as a hot dog once & a pirate as a fundraiser. My hotdog won...but who can resit a basset mix dressed as a hot dog!

I am on bcp...Usually it is only 2-3 weeks. But since I am trying to schedule my retrieval the 1st week of Dec, I will be on them closer to 4 or 5 weeks. I am hoping stimming will happen the last 2 weeks of Nov. It is usually a 10-12 day process. I am just so ready for more info on Thurs!

We are still trying to figure out what to dress my rabbit in. DH says Woody from the Toy Story (the rabbit is named Woody) but it'll be very challenging!

So with icing you get no bruises? I GOTTA try that!!

If I did bruise, it was very minimal. I really only saw bruising & felt a little burn the few times I did not ice or if the meds had not been taken out of the fridge...hopefully you are doing the meds at room temp?

Haha! Cute! He does good wearing his, dh said I was mean for getting the banana split lol! he said I could have gotten him a cooler one. I may end up getting him another one so that daddy is happy!

Hopefully the ice works for you Florida! They have really cute reusable ice packs at the dollar store. Then when you get pregnant this cycle you will already have it for when lo gets booboos!

Huh..no, my nurse told me to keep it in the refrigerator after each use. I watched an instructional video on youtube (I think it was published by freedom pharmacy) and it also says to refrigerate it and neither said anything about returning it to room temperature first. So maybe it's difference in temperature that's causing the bruising?

Huh..no, my nurse told me to keep it in the refrigerator after each use. I watched an instructional video on youtube (I think it was published by freedom pharmacy) and it also says to refrigerate it and neither said anything about returning it to room temperature first. So maybe it's difference in temperature that's causing the bruising?

Oh no! Yes that is def what is causing your bruising. You can call Freedom's phamacist to verify, but I believe a vile where the seal has been broken is good for like 60 days. It does NOT have to be refrigerated at all. A vile not broken can be left in the fridge to last longer. You can take it out & leave it out while using the med. I always put the left over inthe fridge after a cycle for the next cycle. But if nothing else, take it out for about an hour before doing the injection.

So sorry no one told you that!

I just realized that I am on cd6. I better get to the store to get my opks!!! I actually have two boxes of cb digi opks under the sink but have to throw them out because while we were moving they sat in a storage unit, cooking in the Texas heat!!! Im so ready to start back testing. The last two months were a nice and much needed break.

Thanks beaglemom for the tips! I had no idea!

Have fun with the OPK's froggy! I'll be starting in a few days too!

Another facebook post got us today...they usually don't upset me that much...I just get this bad feeling inside that typically goes away fast. But for so many reasons this one gets to me. Part of me wants to type it all out but then I feel like something I say may upset or offend someone...you know those raw emtions that haven't had time to edit themselves. So I am just going to try to not think about it. I know I am so close & soon we will be the ones posting on facebook...but some days it feels so far away...and it is hard to not think about how hard it is...& it is hard not to think about how there are no guarantees in this world.

Sorry beaglemom! We are here if you want to vent! That's kind of the point of this, you can vent and get support!!

Thanks...I am trying to just process my thoughts & get over it. I keep thinking Thursday can not get here soon enough. Trying to stay positive even though it seems everything has been an obstacle with TTC with no relief & no light...I see a small light now, but the worry never stops. I am trying to keep my spirits up...I am determined to be right behind all the other pregnant women I see on FB...determined to have a 2015 baby...& even more determined IVF will work first shot & I will have an August baby.

Sorry you're feeling down beaglemom. Most of the time the FB stuff doesn't get to me but once in a while it hits a spot and I'm super upset. I try not to set myself any kind of deadline anymore because it just makes it that much harder when AF arrives. That is not to say that I shouldn't stay optimistic and continue to work hard towards the goal but I'm just tired of the let down when it doesn't happen. If you know what I mean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->