Fall is here...now to plant my little pumpkin seed!!!

Well maybe it is the same one then. The other girl did have a delay in meds even though they guaranteed it by a certain time. I am so glad I did my class early so I won't have to worry about med delays.

I feel so calm about everything...like I am not even thinking what if it doesn't work...I am basically saying in a little over a month, I will implant & start growing my child. I plan to keep eating really well...not sure on exercise...trying to drink more fluids...& just take care of myself. I plan to use meditation & relaxation every night when I start my meds. I did call today because I got home & realized I may be missing an appt...so I was missing my mock transfer...so got that scheduled on Veterans Day when I am off already.

Happy Halloween ladies!!!

Oh beaglemom im so excited for you!!! As far as exercise maybe you can take the dogs for a little walk in the evening. That would be enough! Thats a lot of info to sink in! Your going to be pregnant!!!eeeeek!!!

Can't wait for Veterans Day! That is the ONLY day out of the year when I have the day off but DH doesn't! LOL!

It's getting cold here and we're expecting possible snow overnight! Eek!

Ugh I hate snow! I may go to the outlets & look at baby stuff...random holidays are great shopping days...even though I am broke now LOL!

Hit up the clearance racks! All of the warm weather clothes should be super cheap if they are still out, just do the math of how many months the little munchkin will be when its warm

Thanks beagle and foloridasian for your advice! And the re said the pharmacy was based out of Great Britain and to give it about 4 weeks to receive the medication. And also it could get held up in customs :/ so I plan on ordering it this month sometime to make sure it's here before. Also they only take Visas but my debit card is a master card:( so we will just put it on our credit card and then pay it off the next month or something. But dh and I still have not decided what the plan is. Honestly, it's him not getting together a game plan for the months ahead while in school. Which HAS to be done when doing infertility treatment. Can't start meds then not have a way to pay for scans and IUIs.
Anyway...Happy Halloween!!!

Morning ladies - here's an early Saturday morning update.

Bad news at the ultrasound today: follicle on the right was 17.6mm and the left was 13.6mm, meaning the right grew a little but likely stopped growing a day ago and the left one had shrunken from 15.6mm two days ago. Lining was 9.4mm but it had already started to switch from proliferative stage to secretory stage.

I also had a close to positive OPK yesterday that got lighter this morning.

Estradiol was 1244 on Thursday even though I only had two large follicles.

What this all means is that I had a premature LH surge that was lower than normal but enough to cause progesterone production to change the endometrium and to stop follicle growth.

I was given the trigger shot at the office and we are hoping the follicle on the right will release but we aren't very hopeful for this cycle.

So for the next cycle, the plan is to start the Follistim at 75 iu then when the follicles reach 12-14mm or when estrogen level reaches 600 I will be given a GnRH antagonist to hold off ovulation. Then we'll change from Follistim to Menopur for 2-3 days since the antagonist stops LH production we'll have to add it back (Menopur is a mixture of FSH and LH while Follistim is pure FSH).

No idea why my body is doing this. RE said that wasn't supposed to happen. But at least we found out what's wrong and we should be able to fix it next cycle. I'm just a little upset we spent $800 on meds to find this out.

At least you know the issue...hopefully next cycle will be perfect...but still hope this cycle. Funny, we will be on the same meds next cycle...you obviously on a lower dose.

As long as the 17.6mm follicle doesn't shrink like the other one did and actually releases an egg I still have a shot this cycle. But even my RE's not sure if it will actually release.

I did some research on the menopur and I saw that one lady said it was the shot that hurt the most out of all the injectables she had. Just what I want to hear!

As long as the 17.6mm follicle doesn't shrink like the other one did and actually releases an egg I still have a shot this cycle. But even my RE's not sure if it will actually release.

I did some research on the menopur and I saw that one lady said it was the shot that hurt the most out of all the injectables she had. Just what I want to hear!

My menapur is going to be mixed with my follistim. But you aren't taking them at the same time, right? Make sure you use the right needle. There is a needle for taking the med out of the bottle & then a smaller one for injecting. My needle is the same size as the follistim needle. Ask these questions to your nurse to be sure. I think I also heard if you left the mix sit for a few minutes, it is better.

Just realized the ganirelix you'll be taking is a GnRH antagonist so that's probably what I'll be taking too, so yes, we'll be on the exact same drugs! It doesn't sound like I'll be doing menopur and follistim at the same time but who knows. My body is doing crazy things so we'll have to adjust and see what to do as we go.

I think I have about 300 iu of Follistim left so based on the protocol for next cycle that might be enough. Hopefully I'll be able to convince them that I only need another 300 iu. I can't imagine the bill for all the meds - follistim, menopur, ganirelix, and trigger!

Just realized the ganirelix you'll be taking is a GnRH antagonist so that's probably what I'll be taking too, so yes, we'll be on the exact same drugs! It doesn't sound like I'll be doing menopur and follistim at the same time but who knows. My body is doing crazy things so we'll have to adjust and see what to do as we go.

I think I have about 300 iu of Follistim left so based on the protocol for next cycle that might be enough. Hopefully I'll be able to convince them that I only need another 300 iu. I can't imagine the bill for all the meds - follistim, menopur, ganirelix, and trigger!

Well that vile holds a little more than it states. I think you have a good chance these next couple of tries. But since they have you on so many meds...same meds as IVF protocol...I would def put yourself on a limit on how much money you are willing to spend before stopping & going to IVF. If you do not have a clear idea in the beginning, it can become this black hole you keep throwing money at. You do not want to be kicking yourself later when you are faced with IVF thinking how you wished you had saved the money & just moved on earlier. having said that, I sincerely hope within 2 cycles you will be pregnant & won't have to think about it.

Thanks beaglemom - it's a conversation I need to have to with DH and my RE. If this premature LH surge is what's preventing me from getting pregnant and now that we've identified the problem and know a way to fix it the hopefully I'll be able to get pregnant quickly.

I'll have to ask him how serious this is and how fixable it is. I'm now thinking that this happens to me all the time, that every cycle when I have this 2-3 day mid level temp rise around ovulation time is a cycle when I experience premature LH surge when progesterone leaks out, especially in those cycles when I started getting positive OPK's on CD7. When I look at my Nov 13 cycle when I got my BFP the temp shot straight up after O on CD13. No premature LH surge.

I'm hoping since my dosage will be a lot lower than yours the meds won't be as expensive. I agree that we need to sit down and think about how long we'll continue to do this before moving on to the next step. I think it's something we've tried to avoid about discussing but it might be time soon.

Thanks beaglemom - it's a conversation I need to have to with DH and my RE. If this premature LH surge is what's preventing me from getting pregnant and now that we've identified the problem and know a way to fix it the hopefully I'll be able to get pregnant quickly.

I'll have to ask him how serious this is and how fixable it is. I'm now thinking that this happens to me all the time, that every cycle when I have this 2-3 day mid level temp rise around ovulation time is a cycle when I experience premature LH surge when progesterone leaks out, especially in those cycles when I started getting positive OPK's on CD7. When I look at my Nov 13 cycle when I got my BFP the temp shot straight up after O on CD13. No premature LH surge.

I'm hoping since my dosage will be a lot lower than yours the meds won't be as expensive. I agree that we need to sit down and think about how long we'll continue to do this before moving on to the next step. I think it's something we've tried to avoid about discussing but it might be time soon.

True, the dosage is much smaller & a vile should last you a while. I of course always hope everyone needs less help than I have needed. But I know how it is sinking money in...sometimes you lose track of what you have spent. So it is good to know in the beginning how far you want to go & what the expectation is. This could save a lot of disagreements later on. But your husband may be like mine...do whatever & says I know best...plus I am the one who does the money.

Oh & another thing...since this is getting to the end of the year, maybe you should look in to the price of a supplemental prescription plan. Or look carefully at your benefits...usually this is benefit enrollment/change time.

How's the IVF process treating you, beaglemom? When's your next appointment?

Next thing is my mock transfer on the 11th...I looked at my calendar & I have to be in Raleigh the next 2 days after that for class, so may change my appopintment to save a trip...just need to find out if it can be done first thing & how long it takes. I should get my meds later this week which is exciting. So I will do an u/s on the 20th to check everything...if all is good, I start my meds with a follicle check on the 28th.

Hi everyone popping in to say hi to you all and wishing you all luck wherever you are in your cycle. As some of you may remember I've been on birth control past month due to thick lining and doc wanting to ensure it is the right size for implantaion and BFP. Went in today for CD 3 scan and what do you know I have another road block to IUI. Apparently the meds I've been on the past few months caused a polyp to develop. Doc says keeping it there increases chances of miscarriage so next week Monday (CD 10) I go in for hysteroscopy to remove. This is an outpatient procedure which I will be fully awake for so hoping and praying that all goes well with no other surprises. I'm not sure if I can still ttc this month without meds because of the procedure but will see what plan doc's office has for me when I go in next week.

Sorry for the new road block...but at least a game plan to fix it...each step forward is a good thing & in the right direction.

Sorry for the new road block...but at least a game plan to fix it...each step forward is a good thing & in the right direction.

Thanks Beagle, that's exactly how I'm looking at it one day closer than I was yesterday to my BFP-Staying hopeful :)

Sorry about the polyp, praying. If the hysteroscopy is only to remove the polyp and does not touch your lining I don't see any reason you can't TTC this cycle, given that you are still early in your cycle.

Good luck with your surgery! Mine was painless!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->