Fall is here...now to plant my little pumpkin seed!!!

I always took clomid cd 5-9 with my gyno. When I got to my RE she switched me to femara & it was on cd 3-7. If I remember correctly, lomid on cd 3 is to create more eggs & cd 5 is better quality (I may be wrong). I totally know how the panic feeling is on meds & missing a cycle. But I may lean towards going cd 5 just so you & dr are on the same page. I would be worried the results were not what they planned but they are thinking you did it cd 5 when you actually did cd 3. But then again, maybe there isn't that much of a difference.

I personally liked taking mine 4-8, but my situation is different. I ovulate on my own they just wanted a couple more and better quality. I had 3 follicules every time and it helped them mature by cd 14 which I use to ovulate cd 17-19. I felt it also gave my lining time to thicken without the clomid slowing it down.

I feel like you know your body better than anyone else. As long as you know you're not pregnant do what you feel best. Doctors know what works best for majority but you know what feels best for you. I would rather start my cycle believing I have a chance than just doing what the doctor says and feeling like the cycle is a waste. Do what you feel is right.

I don't have any experience with Clomid to give any advice. However, while some doctors start your meds on a certain date tailored to your needs I think at my doctor's office they treat everyone the same so Clomid and Femara are always given CD3-7. It's even written on a sheet of paper they hand out to patients taken Clomid or Femara.

I always took clomid cd 5-9 with my gyno. When I got to my RE she switched me to femara & it was on cd 3-7. If I remember correctly, lomid on cd 3 is to create more eggs & cd 5 is better quality (I may be wrong). I totally know how the panic feeling is on meds & missing a cycle. But I may lean towards going cd 5 just so you & dr are on the same page. I would be worried the results were not what they planned but they are thinking you did it cd 5 when you actually did cd 3. But then again, maybe there isn't that much of a difference.

Thanks ladies for chiming in and sharing your experiences, it helped me come to a decision.
The paperwork I was giving for Clomid actually had it listed as CD3-7, but the nurses were assuring me on the phone that it was fine to start up to CD5.
The doctor initially told me that she wanted to see shorter cycles, which was why she was bumping me up to 100mg, so CD3-7 would help toward that end.
I'm also rather leaning toward quantity over quality atm, and seeing how my body responds to that; as it was a strong ovulation last time imo and that was CD3-7.
SO, guess I'm headed to the pharmacy tomorrow. Now to find that prescription....

I got a blaring positive OPK last night! It was after midnight so I marked it as today's. The test line was so ridiculously dark and much much darker than control. I may have seen that once before and that's about it. Most cycles my OPK's only get as dark as control and some even a tad lighter was the darkest I could get.

It got me really excited about this cycle. I know a strong LH surge does not equate to a strong ovulation but I can't help but feel really excited. At a bare minimum I'm hoping this strong LH surge will give me a big spike in temp the day after I ovulate instead of this slow, mid-level rise for 2-3 days around O time confusing the hell out of me!

Hey ladies sorry I have been MIA, we have been ntnp again per dhs request. :(. But all is ok! Congrats on your bfp future! Fx for your us and next beta to reveal your sticky bean!

Yay for a crazy positive opk Florida!!!

Beaglemom thats a whole lot of eggies!!! Yay!!! I seriously can't wait for your bfp!!

We have been talking a lot about adoption lately. Next month we are attending an information meeting with a private agency that works with CPS. The kids parents have already had rights terminated so hopefully we can get some good info and maybe get the ball rolling. I still would like to ttc but feel like if we can adopt I won't feel such an urgency to get pregnant since I will already be a mommy! :)

I got a blaring positive OPK last night! It was after midnight so I marked it as today's. The test line was so ridiculously dark and much much darker than control. I may have seen that once before and that's about it. Most cycles my OPK's only get as dark as control and some even a tad lighter was the darkest I could get.

It got me really excited about this cycle. I know a strong LH surge does not equate to a strong ovulation but I can't help but feel really excited. At a bare minimum I'm hoping this strong LH surge will give me a big spike in temp the day after I ovulate instead of this slow, mid-level rise for 2-3 days around O time confusing the hell out of me!

I am so glad you had a brilliant opk, and hope that means awesome ovulation this cycle! Maybe it means you have a super strong egg ready and waiting!

Froggy - you are very brave and I admire your selflessness in wanting to adopt. I just don't have it in me to raise children that are not biologically mine. But if you are comfortable with your decision you should do it. I've seen so many people adopt and then be blessed with more children later. My aunt is one of them. My boss from my previous job is another. A coworker said God saw how great they were with those kids they adopted (they adopted two kids from Russia) and decided to give them another one!

Good luck with your new Clomid cycle, minuet! I guess you're starting it on Sunday?

Good luck with your new Clomid cycle, minuet! I guess you're starting it on Sunday?

Thanks! I started it last night actually, and am nervous about the coming side effects.
Last night I went through my testing,ttc, and period stash to see what I had. Good thing too, since my Clearblue ovulation kit expired in October. :(
I have plenty of the cheapie sticks, but want the Clearblue as well - so guess I'm going to Target this week.

I see you got a negative opk, so now I guess it's waiting for that temp to hurry up and spike?! Then you'll be in the TWW. :D

minuet - I have a small stash of opks & clearblue opks. I can send them to you if you want them. Just send me a message with your address.

I am feeling so full...could barely sleep on my stomach last night. Excited to see what my eggs are doing tomorrow.

I was actually thinking of adopting instead of fertility treatments. I started researching. We really wanted a baby. And basically I thought financially & emotionally, fertility treatments would be easier on us. I truly admire a person who can adopt especially from the foster system. Maybe one day I could do it...but I am just not brave enough. Good luck with that path, froggy. There are so many children out there who need amazing people to step up & adopt. Adoption isn't for everyone, but it is def the answer for so many families.

Thanks for your kind words guys. Dh and I actually raised my two nieces for a year and a half after they were taken away from thier mom by cps. She started "doing bettet" so they went back to her, but those amazing little girls filled our hearts with so much joy and we love them like they are ours. Luckily we are still able to keep contact With them. Dh and I decided that 3 would be the oldest we want to go, we don't care about race or background. Adopting from the foster care system is actually next to free. Thats one of the appealing points of that route vs an agency. Secondly the parental rights were terminated already, so there will not be any opportunities for someone to take away whoever we get!

Take it easy, beaglemom! Your 26 eggies are fighting for space in there! I can imagine how uncomfortable you are. Hope you get some relief soon! (Side note - just having lots of follicles is already uncomfortable, can you imagine how octomom did it actually carrying 8 babies?)

froggy - I understand your fear of the children you raise being taken away from you, especially after what happened to your nieces. I hope you still get to visit them from time to time!

No clear temp shift for me yet unfortunately although I'm pretty sure I ovulated yesterday. Temp went up a bit but not a huge jump I was hoping for. If I put in two more high temps FF does give me CH for yesterday so I'm pretty sure I o'ed yesterday. I don't think DH can handle another BD session for the 4th day in a row! We will probably rest today and maybe follow up with another session tomorrow if my temps are still ambiguous by then.

He ladies...I think my discomfort is not even the tip of the iceberg. Not a lot of growth since Friday. My largest went from 9 to 14...which is good, but not great. He said I am on a conservative dose of follistim (225). So he switched me to 2 viles of menopur a night & adding in the ganirelix. Which sucks because that means 2 shots I think...and I think I can mix the G with my M which means no sodium chloride. When people say M burns, it is actually the SC...because I get no burn when I just use the F & M together. So he thinks a weekend retrieval...I go back Wed. My husband is nervous about work I think. But I am happy about a weekend retrieval because it gives me a few more hours of PTO so I can take a half day before the end of year. However, any delay after Wed is one more day after Christmas that I have to wait. But oh well. I had to order more M. Hopefully I have enough insurance to cover it...still a $160 copay.

Anyways...the u/s took a while because of so many eggs. He did not give me a total count, but I am pretty sure he measured at least 5 on each side. I can't tell what they are doing in there...no idea how they keep it all straight. But overall he seemed pleased. After my bloodwork he may increase the follistim as well.

Oh & I forgot...I got the hot dr! There are 3...the woman who is older & technically my dr, an older man, & this guy who seems mid to late 30s & he is Asian...I don't think Asian people show their true age, so he could be older. I am usually not attracted to other guys...except movie stars...but I am in love with this guy for some reason.

Beaglemom- happy to hear your egg is are growing. Sounds like you will have plenty in there ready to go soon. I had to chuckle at the last part.

LOL me too - pics? :winkwink:

https://www.carolinaconceptions.com/about/meet-our-team/

LOL...I don't think the website does him justice. You guys probably think I am nuts. Maybe it is just the way he is. He is very soft spoken. Also he did one of my IUIs a while back & I didn't feel ANYTHING...which is amazing.

I would say he's probably in his early to mid 40's. Not my type but I see what you're saying.

So we finally put up our Christmas tree and decorations yesterday. Since we got home late from our Thanksgiving trip we didn't get a chance to do it last weekend. I put a picture of the bunny we lost last year in a picture frame ornament and hung it on the tree next to an angel ornament. I can just stand there and stare at it all day. We also put some scenticles sticks on the tree so the fake tree smells real! The house is really festive now. We just need some rug rats to make it feel even more homey!

floridasian - yeh I know...so weird how people find people attractive. But like I said, I normally am not like this except celebrities. There is one customer who comes in I think is attractive. But I think it is because he is so tall...my husband is tall. Tall was never my type.

I will have to show you guys our ornaments when we get them. So last year my husband got me an ornament personalized at the mall. We have one every year or at least we do because we have an occassion every year...so all the fur babies have one & their own stocking with their name. So last year the ornament had 2 sides one he put boy or girl & the other they wrote whatever it takes. So this year I am getting a couple's ornament & it will say preheating the oven. And I also decided to get a picture frame one...I am going to put a pic of the embryo in it & the date...not sure what to write yet. I hope that is not jinxing things...

My tree is full of ornaments...nothing matches...we love it. We are not too fond of "perfect" trees. We started out with a set of ornaments...but over the years they have broke & we also filled up the tree with personal ones. And just random ones we like. I should take some pictures to share.

Embryo picture could say "Our little bun" to go along with the oven theme.. just an idea. I don't think you are jinxing anything. Just some positive thinking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->