Fall is here...now to plant my little pumpkin seed!!!

beaglemom - is your clinic charging a flat fee for a set number of PGS? I've heard some charge like $2k for up to 5 embryos or something like that. Just curious since I might need it down the road.

This was my 3rd cycle of clomid 50 mg. If this cycle fails then we have talked and I will be doing femara. I was suppose to take my clomid cd 3-7 but instead I chose 4-8. I never told my md what I was doing I just did it. I am on progesterone 200 MG suppository daily. I get it at Walgreens for $9. Our hcg shot was pregnyl and it was $87 at kohl's pharmacy. I don't know if that helps. Clomid is $9 at Sam's Club pharmacy.

I think it's FINALLY positive now! What do you guys think?

Attachments

• OPK 120514-1.jpg
    OPK 120514-1.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 5
Those are some excellent prices you have there, FutureBabyG! You must have insurance that covers fertility drugs. Mine does not :(

Def positive.

I jumped on a 0% interest on 2 of my credit cards...0% for 12 months with a 2% cash advance fee.

So the PGS ended up costing me more than we orignally thought. The cycle costs about $3K more at the clinic...but then I also have to pay the genetics lab $2K. It covers 8 eggs for me. So I think my embryologist will give them the best 8...but not sure...think they will send more if I want. But I think if I have a choice, I would do the best 8 & freeze the rest. I think it is $250 for each additional. The clinic offers a 50% discount on any FETs that follow if my fresh cycle doesn't work. So we thought either way, good plan for us. So I think an FET for me is about $1500 with the discount...not including meds. The $13K did not include meds either. Ugh...I hate typing all that info out...depresses me. :) Oh well...we are on our way, though!

:hi: Hi ladies, after a forced break since July's cycle failed, I am finally back in the running again!
I read the past few pages to try and catch up on where you all are at after being away for a couple months....

floridasian It sounds like you are on to injectables now? I'm glad they produced a bfp for you, but so sorry it was a CP. :(

beaglemom You're doing IVF this month? That's exciting! It seems that back in July you were going to have to wait until the new year, so I'm glad that moved up for you!

FutureG I see you have a bright shining new BFP, congrats!! and new puppies to boot, how cute. :)

misaacs I'm sorry that you've had to take a break also, TTC is such a hard thing to wait for! It looks like you are starting injectables in the new year.

..hopefully I got that all straight and didn't miss anyone. :hugs:

AFM after a very long wait, we finally saw the fertility doctor 11/20. The good news is that his sperm count is back to normal levels and so is motility, we never did hear back about the morphology though. So that was relief, after such poor results in July.
They put me on progesterone to start a cycle fresh, since I've been having "weak" cycles - and it was $70 yikes!! Hopefully they can offer a cheaper alternative next cycle.
Today is CD1, and I was supposed to get an HCG this cycle ($670!), but with it being December etc, that was impossible.
We are going ahead with Clomid 100mg this cycle anyway, and she insists on a negative blood pregnancy test before prescribing it, so it looks like I'll be doing days 5-9. I'd much rather do 3-7, but it seems that women also get positive results with 5-9 so I guess we will just go with it this time.
It's been very emotional dealing with all the hope and anxiety and pain that actively ttc brings so it's almost hard to get excited about trying again. If that makes sense?
Anyway, I'm looking forward to rejoining you guys now as we're back in the process.
Edit: forgot to add we had hubby on all of Fertilaid's concoctions for men and not sure if it was that or just time that improved the sperm, but wanted to throw that out there. :)

Make sure your dr submits the HSG as diagnostic & not treatment. MOST insurance companies cover any diagnostic...but not treatment of infertility...which is so stupid.

Minuet- Glad to see that your break is over for you and dh and you can start ttc again. Yay for good sperm count. My dh is also on a fertility vitamin and then a bunch of others. His sperm could has increased and is now in the normal range. They don't check morphology for some reason.

Yes we did get bfp before Thanksgiving, but the np helping us withe fertility treatments doesn't think it's viable. I think I implanted 9-10 dpiui. Bw at 14 dpiui hcg 20 then 16 dpiui 30 so they didn't double. I stopped my progesterone as ordered and waited a week with no cramps or bleeding then that monday called and got more blood work my hcg rose to 537 which meant my hcg doubled every 1.5 days which is appropriate. I am terrified of ectopic or molar pregnancy or anything else crazy. We are definitely praying for a viable pregnancy. This is why I have been mia. It was so nice to get the positive hpt but then the labs ripped out hearts out. Now we feel like we are on a roller coaster. I couldn't find anyone that had such slow rising labs that then began doubling so early with google. I guess we will just wait and see.

I'm so sorry its been an ordeal for you. The fact the pregnancy stuck without progesterone support, and that the numbers are rising OK now are to me very hopeful!

Yay floridasian that's definitely positive! My insurance actually doesn't cover fertility medications or treatment. I get on goodrx.com and find the cheapest places to get my scripts filled. You should try it if you haven't already.

I've heard of goodrx.com but I don't always remember to check. Thanks for the reminder, FutureBabyG!

beaglemom, that's a great discount for FET. With that many eggs I'm sure you'll have lots of frosties so at least you know even if a fresh cycle doesn't work out (God forbid!) the next cycle won't be as costly!

Wow - beaglemom! 26 eggs! I would be jumping up and down with joy if I had 26 eggs!! At least one of them is going to turn into a sweet baby for sure!!!

FutureBabyG - congrats on your BFP!! I can understand you're worried about the low beta. Are you back on the progesterone now I hope? Praying really hard for you that it works out!!!

Michelle - I'm sure you're excited about starting injectable meds! Hope they work for you. We don't normally have high sex drive either so the delayed O this cycle is being pretty hard on us. We've BD'ed every other day for the past 10 days already with no end in sight!

minuet - welcome back!! Glad to see that your DH's count is back to normal. That would be one expensive HCG shot! I read it somewhere that the cash price for one cycle's supply of progesterone is $50 at CVS so you might want to look into that. Mine is not covered by insurance either but the hospital pharmacy only charges $1 per pill/insert/whatever you want to call it so I'm only paying $28 per cïycle. Oh, and Clomid did work for one of the girls in our group a few months back on her first Clomid cycle!

I'm currently waiting to o after the chemical which is messing up my hormones. I think this morning's test is almost positive so I'm hoping it'll happen soon. It's already bad enough that I have to wait one cycle but this cycle dragging on forever is just delaying things even further, although deep down I'm praying I'd get a sticky BFP this cycle so I don't have to spend over $1K in injectable meds next cycle.

Oops that was a typo, I meant HSG test. We'll spend the cash next cycle for it as hubby wants to do everything we can to be successful quickly, and insurance won't be covering anything.
I'm hopeful that you'll get a sticky bean this time also!

Haha minuet.. i thought that was a crazy price but you never know with fertility prices. Can't wait to see your bfp!

That makes a lot more sense, minuet! I think my HSG was somewhere between $250-300 with insurance. It's not considered infertility treatment so it was covered for me! Good luck!

I'm contemplating on apply for this Discover IT card that has a bonus opening offer of $150 cash back if you spend $750 in the first three months (will be like first three weeks for me!) to put the meds on. I already have too many credit cards but a $150 off discount is tempting!

I love my Discover card, they have been terrific to me! They also have offers all the time for low interest balance transfers so maybe you could take advantage of that as well.

Make sure your dr submits the HSG as diagnostic & not treatment. MOST insurance companies cover any diagnostic...but not treatment of infertility...which is so stupid.

Thanks, I can see if they will do it that way. Not that it matters, my deductible is way too high anyway.
I think it is horrible that insurance won't cover treatment when our body won't do a normal biological function - reproduction. And the president spends his time forcing insurance to cover abortion and prenatal care - well what about pre-prenatal care ?!
Its just totally not right.

FutureBabyG - when's your next beta? As you approach the 6W mark they should be able to see at least a sac in your uterus to rule out ectopic. I would push for an ultrasound soon if one wasn't already scheduled!

I don't think my NP knew what to say when my labs came back monday. She immediately told me that she doesn't know what happened but labs looked great doubling but still low. She set up an US for next friday. That way I will be 6 weeks. It seemed reasonable when she set it up but now it's an eternity away. Every pinch and pulling feeling scares me until I feel some relief and can breathe again. I feel like my dh and I have already got so attached to this pregnancy without knowing the truth, if it's viable. I know a lot of you can relate if not everyone. Every tww gives you hope.

I don't think my NP knew what to say when my labs came back monday. She immediately told me that she doesn't know what happened but labs looked great doubling but still low. She set up an US for next friday. That way I will be 6 weeks. It seemed reasonable when she set it up but now it's an eternity away. Every pinch and pulling feeling scares me until I feel some relief and can breathe again. I feel like my dh and I have already got so attached to this pregnancy without knowing the truth, if it's viable. I know a lot of you can relate if not everyone. Every tww gives you hope.

Even if you don't see anything on the six weeks, that does not rule out a good pregnancy. I'm sure you've already researched it, but I recently read many accounts of women that didn't see ANYthing on the US until 9+weeks but they were still(and remained) pregnant. So please don't be upset if you don't see anything yet on there.
:hugs:

Ladies, your opinion is requested please:

The facts:

- the doctor will not write a prescription for Clomid until she receives a negative blood HCG test
- I scrambled to get this test done yesterday, but offices closed today at 12 and they still didn't have the results(not done in-house)
- the nurses assure me they'll start Clomid on Monday (CD5) when results are in
- I still have a prescription for 100mg Clomid from my primary doctor
- I would rather take Clomid CD3-7 vs CD5-9

Should I just go ahead and fill the earlier prescription from my primary doctor so that I can start it CD3(tomorrow)?
Or is the difference between CD3 and CD5 not big enough to matter?

I personally liked taking mine 4-8, but my situation is different. I ovulate on my own they just wanted a couple more and better quality. I had 3 follicules every time and it helped them mature by cd 14 which I use to ovulate cd 17-19. I felt it also gave my lining time to thicken without the clomid slowing it down.

I feel like you know your body better than anyone else. As long as you know you're not pregnant do what you feel best. Doctors know what works best for majority but you know what feels best for you. I would rather start my cycle believing I have a chance than just doing what the doctor says and feeling like the cycle is a waste. Do what you feel is right.

I don't have any experience with Clomid to give any advice. However, while some doctors start your meds on a certain date tailored to your needs I think at my doctor's office they treat everyone the same so Clomid and Femara are always given CD3-7. It's even written on a sheet of paper they hand out to patients taken Clomid or Femara.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->