• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fall is here...now to plant my little pumpkin seed!!!

Hi there! I'm very new to the world of trying to conceive. This is my first cycle using opk! As of right now I'm 9 dpo. Not really sure what to expect I guess! Was just hoping to see if anyone had any tips or stories of experience. We did the bd the day prior, the day of and both days after ovulation so I'm hoping for the best. The only changes I've noticed is an increase in appetite, and exhaustion during the day combined with not being able to fall asleep at night. With some definate cramping on and off. Any ideas ladies?? Thank you!!!:kiss:

Welcome...good luck...sounds like a good schedule you had. Unfortunately, all you can do is wait to test. Being at this for a while, I will tell you, you start to think everything is a symptom...& sometimes it is...but just try not to get too caught up in symptom spotting...it will drive you :wacko:

Thanks beagle that's what I was thinking. From what you ladies have said it delays af. And if it is neg. then I will know why. Of course one can hope for a pos but probably not. Not taking it tonight though.

Hi there! I'm very new to the world of trying to conceive. This is my first cycle using opk! As of right now I'm 9 dpo. Not really sure what to expect I guess! Was just hoping to see if anyone had any tips or stories of experience. We did the bd the day prior, the day of and both days after ovulation so I'm hoping for the best. The only changes I've noticed is an increase in appetite, and exhaustion during the day combined with not being able to fall asleep at night. With some definate cramping on and off. Any ideas ladies?? Thank you!!!:kiss:

Yes Michelle - if I don't stop the progesterone I probably will never get AF. Like beaglemom's, my RE also tells me to test at 14 DPO and if the test is negative then stop the progesterone.

I stopped mine at 11 DPO and AF is still a no show now at 16 DPO!!

If you can't get a new test and still have the test from 12 DPO I'd say try peeing on it again. Some people claim you can reuse old negative tests.

Wow I just watched The Stork video. So many things are available now to help people ttc. I often think about years ago when people were ttc and fertility treatments were probably not easily available so even more people were left hopeless and childless. It seems to be just like iui except with the sperm wash at a much lower price tag WOW!! I think this may be worth a try if we do not get our bfp with IUI next month. I am so amazed right now. I think they will get lots of sales as people lttc are more than willing to try pretty much anything. What will they come up with next?

My mother struggled with infertility after the c-section went wrong when I was born (obviously she didn't know that until several years later). I was a honeymoon baby so she didn't understand how she was still not pregnant yet by the time I was three. She then spent the next 10 years trying to get pregnant again - temping every morning (I have vivid memories of going to my parents' bedroom every morning and seeing my mom with a thermometer sticking out of her mouth and she would refuse to talk to me until she was done). There were no at-home OPK's back then. I also remember her mountains of fertility pills on the headboard. Then every summer (she was a school teacher) she would go through rounds and rounds of IVF. She finally gave up when I was around 12-13.

Nowadays I wonder if I would have brothers or sisters if she had the technology we have today.

I'm new to ttc! Just went off the pb last weekend. Any advice from any of you who've been at it longer? Or anyone else in the same boat just starting out?

I'm taking folic acid but that's all I've started doing so far.

I'm new to ttc! Just went off the pb last weekend. Any advice from any of you who've been at it longer? Or anyone else in the same boat just starting out?

I'm taking folic acid but that's all I've started doing so far.

I'm new right there with you! I'm taking folic acid as well and using opk to track ovulation! Good luck!

Welcome...good luck...sounds like a good schedule you had. Unfortunately, all you can do is wait to test. Being at this for a while, I will tell you, you start to think everything is a symptom...& sometimes it is...but just try not to get too caught up in symptom spotting...it will drive you :wacko:

Thank you! I'm trying to not be crazy about it....just let it happen, but I'm a women, and maybe a little bit of a control freak lol :) I'm just having fun and trying to enjoy the process, with and little planning!

Florida that must have been awful for your mom. Medical advancement has changed so much. Now we can do a semi-IUI at home for under $100-WOW!! In years past fertility treatments (although still expensive) has become more accessible with financial aid, required insurance coverage by law in some states and grants available :hugs: for you and mom. I do know everything happens for a reason but I am grateful we are going through this in a time where more is available to us and also where we can have support boards like this where people facing the same struggle around the world can support/encourage eachother.

Welcome crazycatlady (love that name :)) and ttc2014. GL to you both this month. Hopefully you'll be sharing some BFP announcements with us shortly.

Do any of you watch Masters of Sex on Showtime? I was watching it before we cancelled the cable. Anyways he is a fertility dr in the 60s (I think) back when there was no knowledge about the female body. So he has low count & his wife got pregnant with a process similar to the Stork. I don't know the beginning of the process but the end result was the women lying still forever with a cervical cap. Wow...things have changed.

Question for anyone that has ever take progesterone suppository. Did you have some mornings that you felt wet all morning or night? Almost like you peed your pants.

Question for anyone that has ever take progesterone suppository. Did you have some mornings that you felt wet all morning or night? Almost like you peed your pants.

It never felt that bad for me...but when I would go to the bathroom I felt like I had to wipe few more times than usual. In the mornings I would always have a lot more when I wake up.

I get the feeling that I know the discharge is about to come out but I have no control over it. I think what has helped is:

1. Taking the evening dose right before bed
2. Try sitting down/lying down (if you can) for at least half an hour after the morning dose
3. Wear a liner

So AF finally arrived this morning after another huge drop in temp.

I will be calling my RE's office to schedule an appointment. I'm glad I can finally move on to the new cycle!

Do any of you watch Masters of Sex on Showtime? I was watching it before we cancelled the cable. Anyways he is a fertility dr in the 60s (I think) back when there was no knowledge about the female body. So he has low count & his wife got pregnant with a process similar to the Stork. I don't know the beginning of the process but the end result was the women lying still forever with a cervical cap. Wow...things have changed.

Interesting - yes things have definitely changed even in just the last 10-20 years. I can't imagine what it was like 40 years ago!

Hi beagle never watched that show but I've seen it on the guide. Wow, thankfully they were able to get their bfp. Maybe the Stork will give more people the bfp they've been waiting on. It's still new to the otc market so I couldn't find any reviews/success stories online last night. i just found a few posts where people said they'd be trying it this month.

If I were not so far in my journey, I would give it a shot. I think the commercial is funny stating how unromantic a fertility clinic is...but the stork process does not seem so romantic to me either!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->