• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fall is here...now to plant my little pumpkin seed!!!

Good morning ladies! Hope all is well...Monday again...I was not loving that alarm clock this morning :(

Floridasian - I see the temp drop...sorry, lady. Any changes for the next cycle?

I checked my vile of follistim & I may have underestimated! I hope I have enough. But if not, I am not stressing over it. This cycle is just whatever attempt we can make without spending a lot of money. Just waiting to hear back from the IVF grant. But I think I have enough for the 3 days. Should have a decision next week on the grant! But if I don't get it, I am still moving forward. Floridasian - I believe we were talking before about getting a credit card at 0% to fund the IVF vs a loan. I just received cash advance checks for my Chase & my husband's Chase card. We don't have a balance on either. So they are charging 2% fee (usually it is 3%) then 0% for 12 months. So I plan to use those. Then whatever is left outstanding, I will refinance with my 401K loan. I would rather use an existing card instead of opening another account. So I saved those checks. I have until the end of Oct to use them...& I plan on writing a check mid October & getting that seed planted!

I really hope you guys do not need to go through IVF. But if you do, please do a lot of research...it will def put your mind at ease a bit.

Hope everyone has a good week.

Yes - unfortunately I woke up with a temp drop so I'm out. Still waiting for the witch to show up so I can call and make an appointment.

For the next cycle, I want to get a repeat HSG done just to give me the peace of mind that everything is fine anatomically. I will also inquire about adding injectables and trigger. If they can be done with the impending HSG then I'll go ahead and do it this cycle (if my RE thinks they are right for me that is); if not I might skip the IUI this cycle until my HSG results are back.

Either way, I don't think the current protocol is working so I definitely want to change it up.

Glad to see that you've got the finances part figured out, beaglemom! Sounds like a good plan to me! I would say the 0% credit card is the way to go if you can pay it off before the ridiculous rate starts to kick in!

Hi ladies, happy Monday! I went for bw and u/s and all looks well so I start Clomid tonight and then ovidrel, but they will let me know when I should start the injectible. I'm excited and nervous. I will start temping again tomorrow. I temp vag and just can't when AF around, I asked RE and she said it isn't necessary during that time.

Any success stories w/ clomid, ovidrel w/ IUI's?

Hope everyone is doing well in their cycles.

No success for me on clomid, but ovulating does not seem to be my problem. I have heard great success from others using it.

Floridasian, I def think a change up is a good idea. Maybe a low dose of follisim...something to increase your egg count...the femara just doesn't seem to be cutting it on its own.

Femara is giving me a massive headache this AM. My banker asked me if I was stressed & sort of chuckled. My stress amuses him??? Anyways I said no I have a major headache out of nowhere. I am starting to see this is going to be a long 9 months once I am pregnant. He will just think anything upsetting me is pregnant/hormone related.

Hello everyone and Happy MOnday! :hugs: Florida so sorry your temp dropped this month.

Beagle-Are you taking your femara at night? I found that by taking them right before bed I had really no side effects

Buttercup-GL on your cycle, Sorry can't give any advice on IUI or the meds you are on but I do know whereever you can, take the med right before bed to reduce the side effects.

Yes I am taking mine in the evening. I can't think of anything else that would cause it. Last month when no meds, I had no headaches. It is dulling a little. Maybe it will feel better after lunch.

Tylenol is a dumb drug...does nothing for me. And my RE has told me no ibprofen.

Hmmm well I do hope you feel better. These meds can be so funny at times. First month on femara even thought I was taking them at night I had lightheadedness in the day and like you that was the only thing I could link it too. Now this past month I've gotten terrible acne not sure if it's the menopur or femara or both but they have my skin out of whack right now. Agghhh the things we do for BFP

Sorry you're not feeling well, beaglemom! I did not feel a thing on Femara (hence I don't think it's doing anything for me). What's the dosage you're on?

Buttercup - I've only taken Femara so I can't comment on the other drugs but I want to wish you good luck! Trying something new/different is always so exciting! I hope to be starting something new too!

Praying - hopefully the BC will clear up your skin! :)

I think I am on 5 mg. I think they are 2.5 mg each & I take 2 for 5 days. I think for me, my body just doesn't like this foreign stuff in my body. I usually thought the headaches were follistim related...but I haven't start that yet. It is feeling better for now.

Thanks Florida I guess one bright side of BC lol. I've never temped does a dip always mean AF is coming?

If I was 7-11 DPO I would say there was a chance it was an implantation dip but at 16 DPO yes AF is coming.

I saw a commercial for The Stork a while ago during day time TV (because only stay-at-home moms watch day time TV, right?) and went on their website to see what it as about. At the time it was only available with a prescription so I didn't bother looking into further details.

Apparently it's now OTC and available at CVS - https://www.cvssavingscentral.com/Programs/TSK/04_TSK_66260_TheStorkCVS/default.aspx

It's the same basic concept as using Soft Cup but with a few more bells and whistles. Obviously it does not bypass the cervix and the sperm does not go through the "washing" services first but it might be worth it for you guys who can't do IUI right now. It costs $80 so not cheap (compared to Soft Cup) but I thought it might be of interest to some of you.

I saw a commercial for The Stork a while ago during day time TV (because only stay-at-home moms watch day time TV, right?) and went on their website to see what it as about. At the time it was only available with a prescription so I didn't bother looking into further details.

Apparently it's now OTC and available at CVS - https://www.cvssavingscentral.com/Programs/TSK/04_TSK_66260_TheStorkCVS/default.aspx

It's the same basic concept as using Soft Cup but with a few more bells and whistles. Obviously it does not bypass the cervix and the sperm does not go through the "washing" services first but it might be worth it for you guys who can't do IUI right now. It costs $80 so not cheap (compared to Soft Cup) but I thought it might be of interest to some of you.

Interesting...

Thanks Florida I will check that out/read up on it when I get home (too many lurking eyes nearby lol). Ok now I get it a dip either means implanation or af. Hoping you may have gotten a late implantation (still keeping everything crossed for you hun)

Awesome!! I have seen ads about them and it is very interesting. it seems to me that even though it isn't washed, you collect the semen through actual intercourse vs in a room at a clinic (poor guys), so it may be more quantity. I can imagine that pressure they are under could have some negative effect. Dh is sure a trooper!

froggy - I totally get what you're saying! For our first IUI DH was in there for like half an hour. When he came out, he looked at me and he was like, "don't ask. I don't want to talk about it!" Poor thing!

Wow I just watched The Stork video. So many things are available now to help people ttc. I often think about years ago when people were ttc and fertility treatments were probably not easily available so even more people were left hopeless and childless. It seems to be just like iui except with the sperm wash at a much lower price tag WOW!! I think this may be worth a try if we do not get our bfp with IUI next month. I am so amazed right now. I think they will get lots of sales as people lttc are more than willing to try pretty much anything. What will they come up with next?

Hey Ladies!!

Seeking some advice....So AF is 2 days late. 2 days!! It has never been this late BUT I have only tested once at 12dpo/IUI. It was a clear negative. I haven't tested anymore because I used my last test and didn't want to buy anymore unless AF was late. Here is the kicker, my REs nurse told me to keep taking the progesterone until AF showed up. And I asked her if it would even though I was taking them. She said yes. So I have been right before bed. Do you think she is wrong and it is the progesterone delaying thiings or do you think I could be getting a + in the AM? Today I am 16dpo and thought she would be here for sure today but so far nothing. No real symptoms of pregnancy though.
Come on morning!!

Hi there! I'm very new to the world of trying to conceive. This is my first cycle using opk! As of right now I'm 9 dpo. Not really sure what to expect I guess! Was just hoping to see if anyone had any tips or stories of experience. We did the bd the day prior, the day of and both days after ovulation so I'm hoping for the best. The only changes I've noticed is an increase in appetite, and exhaustion during the day combined with not being able to fall asleep at night. With some definate cramping on and off. Any ideas ladies?? Thank you!!!:kiss:

Hey Ladies!!

Seeking some advice....So AF is 2 days late. 2 days!! It has never been this late BUT I have only tested once at 12dpo/IUI. It was a clear negative. I haven't tested anymore because I used my last test and didn't want to buy anymore unless AF was late. Here is the kicker, my REs nurse told me to keep taking the progesterone until AF showed up. And I asked her if it would even though I was taking them. She said yes. So I have been right before bed. Do you think she is wrong and it is the progesterone delaying thiings or do you think I could be getting a + in the AM? Today I am 16dpo and thought she would be here for sure today but so far nothing. No real symptoms of pregnancy though.
Come on morning!!

Michelle - I really do not want to sound negative...I REALLY don't...but your nurse is completely contradictory of what my nurse says. I am told to test at 14 dpo...if negative, stop P & let AF start. P delays AF for me by at least 2 days...but if I keep taking it, it will be delayed even longer. I took it longer one month to time my next cycle. I am on suppositories 50 mg. I would test in the AM...if negative, consider stopping the P. But I do not want to go against your dr...but I think Floridasian will agree with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->