• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Famous Labor Quotes

:shock: no way!! i couldnt go through that again, i thought i was gonna die! lol but he was 10 lbs and it was a very very traumatic labour, maybe the next wont be so bad and BIG! :lol: I do really feel broody right now, i think im fucking crazy! But i keep seeing people announcing pregnancies and thinking :| i miss it! xxx

lol i keep seeing people announcing their beautiful babies and wish i could just have mine now hahaha!! :D
mind you thats probably why so many people have babies close together :)
lol you forget the pain! haha!

i havent! i wont ever forget that pain :| lol if i have another im gonna practically DEMAND a c-sec. I should have had one with Jude but they didnt spot that he was so big on the growth scan :| idiots!
I reallllyy wanted Jude to arrive, and i love it now hes here, but i miss pregnancy! i miss my bump! now i just have a minging saggy belly :lol:

Sure fire way to get rid of minging saggy belly.. a big bump :haha:
My aunt's practically given up on gettign fit since her first one.. three kids later and she started going to the gym but now I'm pregnant she's getting broody again hahaha xxx

thats reminded me of another labour quote :haha:
"why do people have more than one?! i dont even get it, its just stupid, why put yourself through this again?!"
and now look at me :haha:
its weird, i blame hormones!
as if Jude isn't enough hard work, i DO NOT want another little terror (not really) :rofl:
p.s 9 weeks already!! woww! i remember you being like 6 weeks last time i looked lol xx

The only quotes I remember of mine were:

(to the mw when she told me to push) I would but if I do I might swear and I can't because my mum is here

(when Grace had been born) Oh wow. That's a lot of blood. I've never seen that much blood before, look everyone, look how much blood there is!

Gas and air is crap but at least it's funny :lol:

Lol @ I cant swear cause my mum is here, think thts what I would of been like! Thankfully my mum wasnt there....don't think I did swear in either of my labours though! Lol

i havent! i wont ever forget that pain :| lol if i have another im gonna practically DEMAND a c-sec. I should have had one with Jude but they didnt spot that he was so big on the growth scan :| idiots!
I reallllyy wanted Jude to arrive, and i love it now hes here, but i miss pregnancy! i miss my bump! now i just have a minging saggy belly :lol:
Oh trust me it's still hell after the c-section... Especially since they want you to walk abunch and my feet were EXTREMELY swollen.. Ouch..

Just don't be like me and not get a c-section til after 27 hours of hard labor :wacko:

Oh, I didn't swear one bit in labor :smug:
Mainly because my mom was constantly by my side and for some reason I thought if I swore I wouldn't hear about it now but I'd get punished for it later :rofl:

I don't remember much of labour :(!!!

But do remember shortly after they put the drip in to speed things up and after lots of G & A...I tried to get up and have a look at something...was alone in the room at the time...which made the blood pressure cuff thing go a tad crazy and wouldn't stop tightening :dohh: the mw came in just as it got unbearable!!

I also made her come back in to check the drip cos it had 'bubbles' in it :dohh:

And like other ppl have said the whole 'you're not pushing' 'I AM EFFING PUSHING'...although don't think I swore at all!

Ohhh at the beginning when in the pool...and after lots of G + A...I tried to seduce OH...not one of my proudest moments :blush:

Also shouted at the doc when she was stitiching...in fairness she did deserve it..for not spotting the op I needed until i'd screamed for 4 hours :growlmad:

Oh what fun. Shall also be demanding a c-section next time...did need one this time but they didn't know until it was too late!

i had to swear even with my mum there sometimes, only fucking hell fucks sake though :blush: she understood :haha:
Yeah my nana said c-sec put her off kids for life, said it felt like being shot afterwards :|
but im still in agony with forceps stitches and also it was a horrible traumatic labour for both of us and i could have easily lost Jude, it would have been much safer to have c-sec! i swear that hospital was ridiculous. the worst thing was the fact they left me with him overnight when i still had the effects of the spinal AND had a catheter, drip and countless other wires :| IDIOTS! xx

thats reminded me of another labour quote :haha:
"why do people have more than one?! i dont even get it, its just stupid, why put yourself through this again?!"
and now look at me :haha:
its weird, i blame hormones!
as if Jude isn't enough hard work, i DO NOT want another little terror (not really) :rofl:
p.s 9 weeks already!! woww! i remember you being like 6 weeks last time i looked lol xx

Haha I remember like EVERY post after labour it was 'I'M NEVER EVER HAVING ANYMORE CHILDREN..' I was like ahaaahaa.. I wonder how long til she takes that back and it made me smile soooo much when I saw one saying you were broody :haha:

I'm gonna go right ahead and assume the 9 weeks thing is for me :D I KNOW RIGHT!! All that moaning about how slowly it was going.. and it's actually gone really quick! First midwife appointment next Weds SO excited :happydance: I'll let you off for not noticing sooner though seeing as you did kinda have a baby in that time frame :dohh:

LMAO @ Bexy_22. I loved both those quotes :haha:

i bet you were so excited to reach that third box, i remember reaching that and being all overly excited cos i had a proper baby now!! :lol:
i dont know why im broody, my mum would murder me if she knew, she said to me when i was in labour
"if you ever get pregnant again, dont come to me! im not seeing you go through this again" :lol:
not like i have anyone to dtd with anyway so its fine, itll pass :rofl: xx

I was I put it in a couple of posts :haha: And I'm like nearly a quarter pregnant now.. haha I love all these little milestones I make up for myself.. when it get's to Friday I'm like oooo I'm over X and a half weeks pregnant (cos I hit my week thing on a Monday lol).. my Mum just doesn't even acknowledge me anymore lol

I'm broody for more already haha. I want lots and lots of babies.. but not all at once of course.. I like the 2 year age gap thing, that's what my cousins have and it's like enough to be managable and close enough for them to still be into the same things and play together and stuff :) So you have 2 years to find a new potential FOB :rofl: xxx

i think people who have two really close together are MENTAL even though i absolutely adore the idea of it... it just seems like ALOT of stress to have a toddler running you ragged and a newborn baby too... madness! :dohh: altho i would love to do that...
i always wanted six but i reallllyy dont think i could go through that pain six times :rofl:
xx

p.s! i loved the little milestones too, it makes it all seem soo much quicker!! i wish i'd have turned over on a monday, i always had to wait until thursday lol xx

i think people who have two really close together are MENTAL even though i absolutely adore the idea of it... it just seems like ALOT of stress to have a toddler running you ragged and a newborn baby too... madness! :dohh: altho i would love to do that...
i always wanted six but i reallllyy dont think i could go through that pain six times :rofl:
xx

Haha I would be one of those mad women!! We actually started TTC when Grace was just 1, I was incredibly broody though, it was insane I was like a possessed woman! But yeah like just shy of 2 yrs between my two.....its incredibly hard work but its lovely too, Grace is so involved with Theo she puts his dummy in, shares toys with him...gets me his nappy and the wipes etc :thumbup: ....i'm glad we had this 2 yr gap, I can safely say i'm not broody anymore though and I don't want another 2 yr gap :shrug: lol

Obviously I haven't had any labour quotes just yet, but my mother's ones have been fantastic :)
When she had gas and air with one of my brothers, there was classical music playing, and she imagined herself as a ballerina! The MW was trying to talk to her, and my mother was just waving her arms around in a ballet-esque manner!
Another time, also on g&a, my she kept kind of losing control of what she was doing, almost like she was blacking out. She had a student mw called Sue, and came to just at the time the other mw was saying "Lisa? Lisa? Can you put Sue down, please? You're strangling her."
:rofl:

Just sat here and read the whole 12 pages! Some brilliant quotes and stories! Not actually even TTC yet but thought I'd tell you what my mum said when she was in labour with me:

(as she was trying to get off the bed) 'I don't want to do this anymore, I'm going home!'
(when I was born) 'She's so ugly!' Thanks mum!!
and also my granddad said 'Awww she's not gona like her hairy back when she's older!' I have such a lovely family! (btw I don't have a hairy back now-lol)

Just sat here and read the whole 12 pages! Some brilliant quotes and stories! Not actually even TTC yet but thought I'd tell you what my mum said when she was in labour with me:

(as she was trying to get off the bed) 'I don't want to do this anymore, I'm going home!'
and also my granddad said 'Awww she's not gona like her hairy back when she's older!' I have such a lovely family! (btw I don't have a hairy back now-lol)

:rofl:

:rofl:!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->