• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Far off but is anyone planning IVF/FET Oct/Nov time or waiting to start treatment?

I agree it doesn't seem far away at all! :) Today is day 1 without any pumping/nursing...59 days to go! I am supposed to start my metformin, folbee (prescription folic acid/b12/b6 bc of my clotting disorder) and aspirin once the pharmacy gets them filled, went after work today but they didn't have them ready yet.

Ellie Bean I also had to stop BFing. But I was told I needed to have 2 full cycles because that's how long it takes your prolactin to go back to baseline. I'm now actually on my third cycle because AF came back almost immediately after I weaned.

Yea I think is fairly common for them to require no nursing for that long so good to hear you were told the same! My cycle returned after I cut or night nursing last month and in the next week or so I should have another period starting hoping it stays fairly regular.

How is the no breastfeeding and pumping going ellie bean?

Hi star! It's actually going great. I just gradually tapered it down Intel I was only pumping once a day did that for 2 or 3 days then stopped. Just started my period so this is my first cycle some stopping and it will hopefully time out fairly close to when my 60 days will be up to start things for our FET. My 60th day will be Aug 11.

That wasn't long to wait for your first period then
I've had 2, wondering when the next one will be as the last one was 48 days, last time and this time though had spotting on day 16, last time was a few days and this time one day so don't know what that is all about

My cycles before pregnancy were perfect, 28 days to the hour, like Swiss clockwork. Since then I have had: 24 days, 28 days, 30 days. So not too much variation and the first one was the lightest.

I did my postpartum baseline blood work and ultrasound today. AFC was only 14 (before it ranged 16-18 but I am two years older so no surprise). Hopefully we still get a good response next month. I will therefore be starting stims in about 4 weeks!

Wow 3c so exciting things are happening for you very soon!
I keep debating whether to start sooner than September, just because my periods came back sooner than I thought and also I think, if it doesn't work we don't know how long it will take, not in a negative way of thinking, just realistic it might take longer than the first time

Yes it came back quickly as soon as I stopped night nursing. If I have cycles similar to before it's looking like my first cycle after the 60th day will be the end of Aug/ beginning of Sept then I'll have baseline labs and then they'll make me wait until my next cycle to do the FET which will prob be end of Sept/ beginning of Oct. A bit later than I was hoping not sure why we can't do the FET the first cycle after my 60 th day though. I'm thinking of calling and asking again bc I've spoken to a couple different nurses and was told by one that we'd start the process the first cycle after my 60th day so I assumed that meant we'd do the FET but then another nurse said no just labs the first cycle after the 60th day and then do the FET the next cycle...so confusing lol.

I agree star I think sooner is better that way if things take longer than expected you're covered.

That's so exciting 3chords! I'm sure you can't wait to get everything going!

For me the most stressful part really is getting PGS normal embryos. I have terrible egg quality. I respond great to stims, all beautiful follicles of about the same size, last time I got 20 eggs retrieved, 18 were mature and 15 fertilized but then by day 3 they all fall apart. Suuuper slow growers, out of 15 I only had 3 which were 7-cell or more (on day 3 embryos that are 6-cell or fewer are almost all abnormal and for us all were), and of those 3, two were usable. To be honest if I do the IVF and we get PGS normal embryos the fear kind of goes away b/c I know it works, I know the embryo is fine, etc. So it's the fresh cycle I hate...and as I've said before I am not totally thrilled with having kids SO close in age. I always feel like it kind of robs the first one a bit of their time with me, particularly if it's not an easy pregnancy. But what can you do, we don't live in a perfect world!

3c I think the same, I feel guilty taking time away from madeleine for a sibling but then I think how much she would love a sibling and as 1 of 5 with me and my sister less than 2 years apart, it was great growing up and still is now, we're all so close and I would love the same for madeleine (well not 5 haha!)

Hi can I join you girls in the wait? I am new to ivf as I am doing this as a gestational surrogate for my cousin. My youngest just turned 1 on the weekend and I am currently breastfeeding twice a day. Did you guys have an option of continuing to breastfeed while doing ivf? It breaks my heart to think of completely stopping. This will be a FET. She has 8 embryos. I will only be doing 1 egg transfer. I told her we can try around sept or oct so that way I can see if my son weans himself. i've had 3 periods so far. My cycles usd to be 30 days long. The last 2 I had were 60 days. My prolactin level this cycle was 23. So I'm thinking if I even do one feed a day it will go lower and be in the safe range. Wht do your drs say wait 60 days after you stop breastfeeding? I remember the dr saying I have an option of unmedicated FET which would be just estrogen and progesterone or the long protocal of 6 weeks and using bcp and lupron injections? Does that sound right. Anyone else doing theirs with lupron?

Hi 6footnoodle!

I was told absolutely no BFing if doing a fresh IVF cycle. I've heard that from basically everyone so I think that you do have to wean if you want to do a fresh cycle (the drugs could be suppressed by your hormones so it's pointless to stim). But you're just doing a FET so I really don't know...your sister's RE would know best. I don't know the significance of 60 days, I was just told I had to have 2 cycles post-weaning (at a minimum).

I'm not at this stage yet as I'm still pregnant with my first from IVF. But it's been on my mind as we want to have them close - we have 5 embryos left. We're not getting any younger and we want to have a few kids,
I asked my Dr and she said I have to have stopped breast feeding completely even if it is for a FET, which will be really hard. It's so annoying we have to stop completely. She said it's because breast feeding can act like a contraception and u want to give your body the best possible chance to accept the transfer.
There's a few rebels out there when I googled - the Australian breast feeding association she breast fed during her successful transfer etc. but I'd be too scared to - I don't want to hurt our chances.
I didn't know about the two periods you need to have after you've stopped breast feeding, how annoying!

I can def see how that would be frustrating 3c! I hope this round goes smoother for you. We did the PGS/PGD testing on our 6 day 5 embryos and 4 were ok and 2 were not. I can't imagine getting through the stims and the retrieval and then have none of them be ok, sorry it's been so difficult for you.

I was sad to stop nursing my son but I felt like 13 months was a long time and we want to do the FET this year so I had to stop so that I could wait the 60 days then call on day 1 of my first cycle after my 60th day. I was told they do it this way so that your prolactin level will go back to normal so then it won't cause any issues with conception. In my case I stopped nursing June 13 then Aug 11 will be 60 days but my periods not due until Aug 30 so threw beginning of Sept we'll do baseline labs the the Oct cycle do the FET........
Any ideas why they won't do my FET in Sept with that cycle vs making me wait another month( so over 90 days after stopping bfing)...

6 foot that's amazing you're going to be a surrogate! What a wonderful gift so glad the world has such great ppl like you! When I did my FET I was only on progesterone and estrogen prior. But the estrogen would prob make you dry up if you're still nursing.

I'm not at this stage yet as I'm still pregnant with my first from IVF. But it's been on my mind as we want to have them close - we have 5 embryos left. We're not getting any younger and we want to have a few kids,
I asked my Dr and she said I have to have stopped breast feeding completely even if it is for a FET, which will be really hard. It's so annoying we have to stop completely. She said it's because breast feeding can act like a contraception and u want to give your body the best possible chance to accept the transfer.
There's a few rebels out there when I googled - the Australian breast feeding association she breast fed during her successful transfer etc. but I'd be too scared to - I don't want to hurt our chances.
I didn't know about the two periods you need to have after you've stopped breast feeding, how annoying!

Haha i saw that too in the Australian breast feeding association site. That's what makes me want to continue breast feeding. The Dr said no due to drugs the baby can ingest and because of prolactin levels. But after doing research I see the drugs are safe and my prolactin level is borderline normal. Normal range goes up to 18 and I am at 23. i might wait for next cycle and get my prolactin tested again to see if it has gone lower since now I am at work and I feel my lo is feeding for shorter during the 2 feeds. I wasn't able to breastfeed my first so I am really enjoying it this time around. My cousin says she is ok with my breastfeeding and we could lie to the doctor if we get m level down to 18. Then if first cycle doesn't work I stop breast feeding for the next. The only thing is the doctor said that is prolcatin is high then the cycle will be cancelled and we will have to wait 60 days. I guess that is how long it takes for the levels to go down. I guess that's why all your doctors say to wait 2 cycles after you stop breast feeding.

I can def see how that would be frustrating 3c! I hope this round goes smoother for you. We did the PGS/PGD testing on our 6 day 5 embryos and 4 were ok and 2 were not. I can't imagine getting through the stims and the retrieval and then have none of them be ok, sorry it's been so difficult for you.

I was sad to stop nursing my son but I felt like 13 months was a long time and we want to do the FET this year so I had to stop so that I could wait the 60 days then call on day 1 of my first cycle after my 60th day. I was told they do it this way so that your prolactin level will go back to normal so then it won't cause any issues with conception. In my case I stopped nursing June 13 then Aug 11 will be 60 days but my periods not due until Aug 30 so threw beginning of Sept we'll do baseline labs the the Oct cycle do the FET........
Any ideas why they won't do my FET in Sept with that cycle vs making me wait another month( so over 90 days after stopping bfing)...

6 foot that's amazing you're going to be a surrogate! What a wonderful gift so glad the world has such great ppl like you! When I did my FET I was only on progesterone and estrogen prior. But the estrogen would prob make you dry up if you're still nursing.

Thank you :) In Canada it is even harder to find a surrogate since commercial surrogacy is illegal so there aren't many people willing to do it without financial benefits. My cousin has been struggling for years and it breaks my heart so I know I need to help her. And this way since we are close she can be involved in everything and kind of experince pregnancy through me.

I think I might call my RE'S office again and ask them why they won't do the frozen embryo transfer with my first cycle after my 60th day which would be my third period after stopping nursing and why they want me to wait a whole another cycle which will be almost 4 months since stopping nursing....so crazy how different each Dr is.

Ya I would call them to see why. I would think 60 days is plenty of time.

Welcome 6footnoodle and miranda!

What an amazing thing to do 6foot
Good job there are people like you in the world

I was told I wouldn't be able to breastfeed for fet but they didn't say how soon to stop but I have anyway so doesn't matter

Ellie, have you had an answer about when you can start?

Afm, day 30 and no sign of af so looks like I'm in for another long one but nevermind, at least they have returned

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->