Farley's Rusks

N

Neecee

Given the fact that they have more sugar in them than a chocolate digestive, would you still give them to your baby?

yes Hannah has had them but it's not an every day, or even an every week thing :)

I use the Heinz biscotti ones they are easier for him to hold and smaller never compared nuttrion on them though x

Since iv heard that its put me off completely and iv never given Tye rusks.

have not tried rusks yet mainly due to the sugar in them xx

i do. i give her the reduced sugar ones and she gets half of one everytime. she only eats half of her half, the rest gets smeared everywhere. She has her half maybe once or twice a week.

rhys has sugar free ones he loves them i alternate between my fruit puree's, rice, baby cereals. they are a great first food.

its wont be long until they have 2 or 3 digestives in their hand like my daughter lol she sits dunking them in her tea lol. she is 14 lol so spose maybe rusks that weren't sugar free caused that.
i'll only use rusks as a starter finger food and 1st wean food as soon as he can have nice brown toast etc i'll rid of the rusks, they're just a gooey messy horrid things really.
x

I was a bit upset with the news about them as I loved them as a child and I still do! I was looking forward to the whole "one for you, one for mummy" thing! I didn't know about the sugar free variety, so I might try those.

i gave thetm to katie as a frst food cos i didnt realise they were ful of sugar :blush: as soon as i realised i stopped and now i've just started giving her organix soft rusks which are well yummy!!!

never gave Jack them cause of the sugar and wont give Rosie them, not really strict i just think there are better first foods x

Brooke has half at a time, a couple of times a week.

I dont see any harm in giving them .. its all about moderation

They arent sugar free - just reduced :) Still quite sugary but every once in a while I'm sure they're fine. We had a packet of reduced sugar ones and once they were gone I moved to the little Hipp elephant biccies for a treat...gosh they are nice!!

I wouldnt. Which is a shame because I loved them. Heinz biscotti are just as bad. 28grams of sugar per 100g. chocolate digestive has 27 and rusks have 29g

i give the organix ones as they were the lowest sugar ones i could find.

I was going to make my own homemade rusks but my LO never really taken to them anyway so never bothered.

I give them to Seren a couple of days a week, probably would be a bit more if I wasn't eating them all! Yummy.
She never eats a whole one, and I believe in everything in moderation.

yep maddi still has them, maybe once or twice a week, i too think everything in moderation is key x

I got Ellie the reduced sugar ones for a treat she hated them so i ate them instead. Ellie has the organix soft orange rusks for a treat. Shes not a biscuit fan though tbh she'd rather some fruit instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->