Favourite name seen on here

Devon over in TP called her LO Darcey.. I love it! :flower: My LO's name is bog standard compared to all of the ones mentioned here :haha:

I hate it when a name you really love gains popularity. We decided over two years ago that our next baby would be Quinn and then here you all are stealing it :lol:

LOL. Ruby was not very popular when I had my ruby and then it shot up to the top a couple of years after!

I LOVE Ruben but I have a Ruby so that would be so confusing!

We have a girls name that is not to common, I only know of one other on BnB but worrying one of my other preg buddies may use the name too! x

Oh and Aoife! I love that but OH had never heard of it and was very much one of those people 'if I can't pronounce it I don't like it'

I love the name Aoife too! I also love the names Eva and Saoirse.

I had nothing but girls names when I was preggo with this one, (when I was preggo with DS1 I had nothing but boy's names), so it was a little difficult in finding a boys name that we could agree on for DS2 :wacko: which obviously we did in the end, but even then he was nameless for a few hours after he was born with us still deciding on whether it was a definite name choice! :winkwink:

aww you have a reuben! So jealous! Lol you also have a Luc, I loved Luca. Everytime I mentioned these to OH he would say 'sorry, are we having an Italian?' boo to him! Next time I find a man im gonna check he approves of these before I date him :haha:

Lol! Should be a prerequisite to vet oh's first for name choice for future babies! :winkwink:

Reuben happened purely by accident, watching a tv programme and me and oh just looked at each other and said I like that name, so it kinda stuck.

Luc was chosen because I wanted a name that couldn't be shortened - although it's never spelt correctly be other people, they just automatically assume it's spelt Luke which is understandable, so he'll have to put up with that years to come, like I have - my name is Sheree (pronounced shur-reee) but people sometime say it as in a bottle of Sherry lol, or spell it Sherie, or Cherie, so it does get interesting at times - sorry gone off on a tangent there lol! I'll shut up now! :haha:

That's how i came across Reuben too, I was watching a movie (cant remember which one!) years ago and it came up in the credits! I always like it cos i thought Reuben is lovely for a man in his late 20s/30s but liked that you could shorten it to Ben for a little boy :) do you ever call him Ben?

When you said your name was Sheree i said it properly in my head :thumbup: lol im gonna go off on a tangent now... my name is Jennifer (normal spelling etc) and one time someone wrote me a christmas card.... To 'Jenthu'..... Sorry?! JENTHU????? HOw can you pssibly think that is how you spell Jennifer ? :wacko:

We say his name in it's entirety, but I will have no problem in the future if he introduces himself as Ben, or people associate him with Ben instead! I guess it's how you introduce yourself. Do people call you Jennifer or Jenny?

Yay for you for getting my name right, you're in the minority of people who do actually get it right! Lol, Jenthu, I bet that threw you! They must have had too much of the ol' mulled wine that year then! :haha:

I've seen the names Juno and Tabitha on here and I love them!! A lady had on here has a Stanley and that would have been our name for another boy. I hope I get to use it one day xx

I have a Tabitha, I think there are only 2 on here?
I love your LOs names btw :)

I like coen, think that's DKs little boys name?

I think I like it coz of Seth Cohen from the OC though :haha: oh that reminds me I also like Seth haha x

Yep that's mine. Coen. Pronounced Co-N. We wanted to pick something we hadn't heard around here. I fully expect to take off in popularity when everyone sees how cool my lil man is ha ha ha!!!!

I seen the name Georgia an a forum and loved it, we had a daughter so I called her Georgia, Brooke was one of my choices for my first daughter but we for miah Pronounced (me-ah) xx

My little one who is 14 weeks is called Georgia Skye, I love it x :thumbup:

I like coen, think that's DKs little boys name?

I think I like it coz of Seth Cohen from the OC though :haha: oh that reminds me I also like Seth haha x

Yep that's mine. Coen. Pronounced Co-N. We wanted to pick something we hadn't heard around here. I fully expect to take off in popularity when everyone sees how cool my lil man is ha ha ha!!!!

:rofl: I'm sure it will :haha: I do love that.

There are loads of names i like that round here would be considered wierd/out there. When we were choosing names my oh hated ALL my suggestiions... even normal ones. I like short names like Tom/Sam/Ben... you get the idea. but my OH kept saying yes but it would need to be Thomas/Samuel/Benjamin .... :dohh: no it doesnt ! you can put what you like on the birth certificate.

I was lucky to get him to agree to one of each, Jessica and Ethan.., honestly he said no to almost EVERY name :nope:

Baby Bichon - I usually get 'Jen' actually... most of my friends/family call me that. When i introduce myself to strangers its always 'Jennifer' though... dont know why cos i dont mind Jen lol.

THe only person who calls me Jenny is my dad.., and he doesnt do it that often.He used to call me 'Jenny Bear' and my brother 'Chrissy poo' :rofl: awful. I quite like Jenny but don't think i suit it :wacko:

OT but talking of pronunciation. When we announced the birth of our daughter, Eva. A work colleague of OH's told everyone what LO's name was but he was pronouncing it EVER lol.
It's like a chavy way of saying Heather lol.
When OH went back to work, everyone was asking him about baby Ever!

I really liked willow when I was expecting but oh didn't.
Also liked lily Skye, Ava, Francesca.

OT but talking of pronunciation. When we announced the birth of our daughter, Eva. A work colleague of OH's told everyone what LO's name was but he was pronouncing it EVER lol.

Lol I alway wondered whether people would do that but luckily everyone seems to pronounce it right. I don't think it's that hard! :haha:

I really love Xanthe!
If we ever have a baby boy I'm going to be looking on B&B for inspiration for definite as I have nothing in mind at all!

How is xanthe pronounced? I'm not sure if it's been mentioned already :)

Love Rory and Teddy for boys.
Esme, Darcy and Rosalie for girls.

OOOOH and Jasper!

For a girl I had never thought of Jessica but whenever i see jenfirstbaby's signature i always think 'aww I love that name!' For a boy, theres a lady on here who has twins and one of them is called Sebastian, love it!

I love aria too!! I also had no idea how you pronounced aiofe and in my head thought it was totally different! :blush:

Lol I alway wondered whether people would do that but luckily everyone seems to pronounce it right. I don't think it's that hard! :haha:

This made me chuckle, reminds me of 'Ev' on eastenders.

I like esme too and Jessica x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"