Feb ivf buddies!!

Thanks w 11. It means a maximum of 12, i don't think it's possible for that to increase. Unless they counted wrong of course!

I'm not on gonal f I'm on merional which combines various things with gonal F. It's good stuff so I'm hoping for the best!

The clinic rang today so i started 3 vials today and the same tomorrow and blood test on Friday. So starting earlier than expected! The injection was better than the buserilin.

How long 'til you start?

There may be some hiding behind others they couldn't see. If not, 12 is actually a great number!

Glad to hear you started!!!

Thank you beneath! Well during the scan she had me press on my ovaries so she could see them better so maybe (I'm hoping) that she wasn't able to see them all! It could definitely be worse I know! :flower:

Are you started to get excited beneath?

Beneath, I have just read about your grandma, I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending you lots of love xxx

Beneath, I have just read about your grandma, I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending you lots of love xxx

Thank you!!

Im hoping i feel emotionally okay by the time af shows, which should be early next week.

Beneath: So sorry about your grandma. Big hugs :hugs:

MrsW: AF come for a visit yet? We're all actually pretty close with our cycles.

Amo: 12 follicles in total is more than enough! I've read some who only had three or four total. Glad you are feeling better finally! :happydance: You've finally started the Merional! Yayyy! omg so excited for you! Not long now. Hopefully the Gonal-F is better than buserilin as well.

As for me: finally got some medium flow yesterday - aka in bed in pain with a nice heating pad. dh's backup sample is good enough for ICSI (we were worried we would have to use a donor).

Appt this morning, lining was thinner, but they still want me to wait until Friday to start the Gonal-F because Monday is a holiday.

Beneath I have messages you on the big January thread but so so sorry to read about your grandma. Be kind to yourself, sending lots of love xx

Rosina that all sounds good, fab news that you won't need to use a donor! Your do must be ecstatic!

Amo 12 eggs is great and if there are more they couldn't see that's really fab. I'm so worried about how many I will get.

Does anyone know, I know that the fertility drugs will make me ovulate more eggs hopefully but can they improve quality? It's just I have unexplained infertility other than low amh, so since I got preggo twice very quickly before and now a year with no bfp, I can only assume my eggs are not good enough quality to get me preggo. So I wonder then if I will get a few eggs but not good enough quality. I guess time will tell.

Anyway I am spotting today so af will be here in full flow by the morning! Bit of a pain as I have my dd tomorrow and hubby is away and I have friends coming over so will have to rearrange my day if they want me to go in tomorrow but they might say Monday.

Hi All,

I hope you don't mind me joining this thread.
I'm new to the forum.

It seems that some people have been through similar to us.

We were on a short protocol and our first IVF cycle so scary and exciting in almost equal measure.

We have been ttc for 5 years now and have been through various treatments but nothing worked and so it was IVF or nothing. I have PCOS, a thin lining and a further complication similar to endometriosis.

We started IVF at the end of Jan, so most of the 'work' was done in Feb. I had egg collection on Saturday and transfer earlier today!

I know they say it makes no difference but I was on my back all day with a cushion under my bum (TMI) :blush:

Praying for a sticky egg and for our dreams to come true.
Good luck to everyone.
:dust:

Rosina -- Great news DH's sample is good!!!

Mrs W -- Yes, I did get your condolences on the other thread. Thank you :hugs:

Prgirl -- Welcome! Fx for you!!!

MrsW Very happy we don't have to use a donor!! I have no idea if they improve quality - fingers crossed for you. It would be so hard not knowing what's up. Things are going to start so soon for you!

PRGirl Welcome! 5 years is a long time - I hope this works for you! It's so cool you're joining us just after your transfer. I think I'd be doing the same with a cushion under my bum!! :p

Start the Gonal-F tonight. I've been letting my dh give the needles for the last few days so he can feel more involved in the process... seems to hurt less as well.

Hi ladies, so af turned up yesterday so I went for my baseline scan and unfortunately she only saw 4, possibly 5 follicles. So she didn't seem very positive and reminded me about possible cancellation of the cycle. Feeling pretty worried.

Bet that makes you feel better about your 12 amo! I would, honestly 12 is plenty.

Pr girl welcome!! Congrats on being pupo! Look after your self over the next couple of weeks. Are you going to test at home before your otd?

Rosina I started my gonal f this morning. The injection was not as bad as I had been expecting, I barely felt the needle as it was so fine.

Has anyone got Romantic plans this weekend? Xx

Rosina: You must be so happy about ICSI! That's wonderful news, such a relief! :happydance: And you've also started stimming, it's all go now! I'm very excited for you too!

Mrs W: Do not worry about egg quality, there are a million reasons why it's not happened yet, I wouldn't presume it's egg quality. I'm sorry it's a disappointing amount of follies, but there might be some unexpected ones lurking in there! 4 or 5 is still enough so try not to worry, it only takes one after all! :baby: Exciting to be starting your stims!

pr girl: Welcome :hi: We have been trying for around the same time too, it's such a long time, so I very much sympathise! Huge congratulations on being pupo! How many/ what grade did they put back? How are you feeling?

beneath: I hope you're feeling okay, I've been thinking about you :flower:

AFM- Sorry I've been a little absent our internet was off for a day and a half. It was killing me to hear from the hospital and not be able to talk to you guys! So, I went for bloods yesterday after being on 3 amps a day for 2 days and I'm not responding quite as much as they'd like so I've gone up to 4 amps a day Friday and over the weekend and then bloods again on Monday. It has me a little worried but it's still early days! I wish the nurse hadn't told me how much they were, it's stressing me out that I'm currently injecting £75 ($115 USD) per injection. Arghh! Ha!

Thanks amo. I think it's egg quality because I've got pregnant very easily in the past but second time had a mc. I had no idea at the time what a miracle my dd was. I've had every test going and the only issue raised is my low amh. And the low antral follicle count supports the suggestion that I don't have many eggs left.

I also forgot to comment on your post about your Ebook on fertility juicing. I'd love to see it! I'd like to do some fertility juicing during my ivf, have you any recommended recipes?

I see. Yes I do! Plenty of protein for stimming is a very good idea. Then for implantation lots of bromelain.

A good protein juice would be;

kale
cucumber
spinach
pineapple

or

spirulina
spinach
apple
cucumber

or a smoothie

almond milk
avocado
strawberry
banana

and for implantation anything that has plenty of pineapple, so you caan ake some really sweet and tropical juices like

pineapple
apple
cucumber

or

pineapple
celery
kale

or

cantaloupe
pineapple
apple

after implantation time plenty of green juices.

:) :) :)

Perfect, thanks amo. I find kale really hard to juice, literally a whole bag hardly gives any juice at all. Ill try some f these though, I had heard protein was good as well. Ill do some of these over the next few weeks xx

It is hard to juice, so you wont get a lot from it but it is concentrated. Also, depending on your juicer, putting something of high water content in either before of after can help it juice a little easier :)

I've got a Phillips, got it in the January sales as I started off with a really cheap one and wanted to upgrade it. Ok, will try cucumber first then kale. I usually blend the spinach so it all goes in but kale is to thick and stringy for that!

Hi all,

Sunday night already and getting things sorted for work tomorrow.
Feeling really tired but think that's the drugs and a difficult night. Is anyone else feeling unusually drained?

The consultant / professor did say that I would be more sensitive to how I'm feeling but I've been fine other than being drained and constantly yawning - even during a romantic meal last night :dohh:

Beneathmywing, Mrs W 11, Rosina and amoreamy thank you so much for your kind words and for saying hello :hi:

Amoreamy we had 12 eggs collected, 4 fertilised and just 1 get through to blast stage. We were told if the other 2, which were the only remaining embryos developing as they should, got to blast then we would receive a call and be asked if we wanted to freeze. Unfortunately the call never came :nope:

I'm trying to remain positive, as that means that this is our only hope or we have to go through the whole process again and pay for it. Unfortunately we don't have £5,000 spare at present.

Mrs W 11 I notice your interested in juices? Rather than juicing I made some smoothies with kale, lemon and lime juice, pineapple and almond alpro. It was actually really pleasant. I kept it in the fridge so it was chilled and as long as it was 'well wizzed up' it was fine.

I've also been drinking lots of pomegranate juice as I heard that was good for fertility. Again, not the worst drink I've ever had and quite tasty with sparkling water.

Fingers crossed for you all xx

Thanks for the tips prgirl, I might try some pomegranate juice! I haven't got on too well with blending kale before, I don't think my blender is whizzy enough as its a smoothie maker really, but I might try juicing some kale and then adding the other bits.

Feeling tired sounds normal for the stage you are at, although I'm just embarking on my first ivf. So far on day 2 of stims I don't feel any different! Just a bit anxious about how much pressure there is! Is 4 fertilising out of 12 fairly normal or does your oh have sperm issues?

X

Hi Mrs W 11 I was really disappointed about the number of eggs we had, particularly as I was considered at risk of hyper stimulation. It certainly wasn't to be celebrated but I was reassured that to have 4 at the stage we had was 'normal' and to leave them to blast usually means that you will lose some.

The one we put back was described by the professor as an excellent embro and the grading was 3/4 but because it was blast they weren't really too concerned. In fact our embryologist said that it should increase the chances from 30% to 50% however my other problems kind of makes the statistics redundant.

My hubby has 'super sperm' both in terms of number and mobility. All of the problems are down to me - which always makes me feel super guilty.

He had problems during his first marriage and his son was IVF. He had a really bad experience of the process so when we got together - not knowing anything was wrong- I always said if there was a problem I wouldn't force him to do anything like that... and now here we are :nope:

I have up and down days and have been ok so far but I'm always concious that while there is hope I tend to feel normal but then when we find out something hasn't worked it absolutely floors me. :cry:

Still, for now at least, we are positive and keeping everything crossed.

How are you doing?

So are you pupo now Prgirl? I'm sorry there weren't any frosties for you, and yes I'm feeling generally quite tired!It seems to come in waves where I feel fine and then exhausted. I was falling asleep at my art club the other night surrounded by pensioners who had far more spring in there step than me! You want to be able to tell the world 'I'm not usually like this, I'm on a LOT of meds!' Haha x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->