Feb ivf buddies!!

Hi Amoreamy yes I guess PUPO is right, I hadn't heard that expression until today :haha:

I test on the 25 February so it's just waiting. I don't want to test beforehand as I don't want to be disappointed and I tend to become quite despondent, which is the last thing we need.

I've been putting a hot water bottle on my tummy each evening, more for comfort than anything else but now I've read that could be really BAD so I'm stressing like mad.

Lots of internet surfing and hoping I haven't ruined things because of a hot water bottle! :nope:

Surely the clinic would have said something if it was a real danger?
This process can be a nightmare sometimes!

Congratulations! I think pupo is a very cute way of putting it :) Well I hope the time doesn't go too slowly, I will be about 10 days or so behind you and willing you on. I hope you will be our first bfp on this thread!

I don't know about the hot water bottle. The say it's good for stims but I don't know about now :shrug: I can't imagine you've done any harm, don't worry :flower:

Hey everyone!
Sorry for jumping in on your thread so late! I am in the middle of my 2nd FET (first IVF cycle was successful - DS. Our first FET, however, didn't work).

I just thought I'd mention to PR that we transferred on the same day! How cool! I used a heating pad a few times after my fresh IVF and I got pregnant with DS. My RE office doesn't mention anything about heat, and my fresh IVF was successful.

Best of luck and baby dust to all of you!

Sorry I've been awol lately, girls! As you know my grandma passed and then her sister in law, my great aunt, passed away a few days later so this week has been a mess. I have been reading your updates and want to tell you girls I am still here <3

Amoreamy, I agree that pupo is cute, it makes me smile every time I read it now and also makes me feel more positive, which can only be a good thing. :thumbup:

SunUp welcome! Not sure I'm qualified to say that - I've only just joined myself - but it's great to hear that you transferred on the same day. Fingers crossed for us both! My hubby was talking about testing from tomorrow but I've put him off. Are you planning to test before 25th?

Beneathmywing so sorry to hear about your Grandma and Aunt. Hoping that you have the support you need from friends and family. Sending you lots of best wishes. :flower:

Amoreamy, I agree that pupo is cute, it makes me smile every time I read it now and also makes me feel more positive, which can only be a good thing. :thumbup:

SunUp welcome! Not sure I'm qualified to say that - I've only just joined myself - but it's great to hear that you transferred on the same day. Fingers crossed for us both! My hubby was talking about testing from tomorrow but I've put him off. Are you planning to test before 25th?

Beneathmywing so sorry to hear about your Grandma and Aunt. Hoping that you have the support you need from friends and family. Sending you lots of best wishes. :flower:

Thank you, so much for the kinds words!!

Fx for you!

Welcome Sunup! :hi: Thank you and congratulations on also being pupo! It's great that you and prgirl are so close in dates!

prgirl, I think it's a good plan to keep your hubby's enthusiasm at bay for now. Usually it's the ladies desperate to test and the men rolling their eyes, and not being able to see lines until about 8 weeks ha.

Beneath I'm so sorry you're having such a difficult time. I've been thinking about you and I hope you're still feeling okay for your cycle xx

Rosina, how are you doing?

I've had a real down day today. My best friend is leaving the country and moving back to her native France this week. I go dancing and she's also my dance partner, so it really feels so sad to see her go. I was so worried about today's blood test too. I had convinced myself I would be a poor responder, I'm still not convinced I won't be, and that I'm never going to be a mum. All this negative stuff. I'm okay now, but it's been a rough day. My blood tests however did show I was starting to respond well so they've lowered the dose. I know it's good news but it's hard to shed the negative feelings.

Amoreamy - Sorry to hear you are feeling a little down today. There is no doubt that this journey - whatever your problems / challenges and whatever stage you are - can be a struggle. :nope:

I've taken to writing down when I'm feeling positive and then when I feel down reading through it. It has helped a little. I also write poetry, nothing I would share, but it allows me to share me feelings on paper, which gets rid of some of my feelings when I can't express them any other way.

I'm pleased to hear your bloods were showing signs of a response.
Try to stay positive and remember, you're not on your own.

:flower:

BMW Thinking of you. :hugs:

MrsW Exciting that you started your Gonal F. You, Amo, and I are days within each other. Exciting times coming up. Everyone on this forum always says it, it only takes one. Hoping that you go through!

We didn't do anything romantic really. My dh bought me flowers, chocolate, and a card and we watched a flick - but on the 13th! :p

This is an interesting article that just came out... there's so much that could be going on with us.

Amo
Good to hear that you're responding better with 4 amps! This is one CRAZY rollercoaster... the ups and downs are hard to deal with. I feel like I've been all over the place. I'm just trying to stay positive, taking it one day at a time, and move forward when things don't go as planned. We've still got a lot of this journey left to go - try to stay positive. We're here for you! :flower:

I'm very happy that we have something to fall back on and it's with my cutie dh's genes. Soooo happy about that. This will be day four of stimming - feeling BLOATED woah. Other than that and being tired a lot, all feels pretty normal.

Gonal F works out to be about $216USD/shot for me... ouch. Thank goodness insurance covers drugs at least (not the treatment... but this helps!). Is everything covered in the UK? In Ontario, Canada, IVF would be covered for you (2 blocked tubes). Supposedly they are working towards making changes in Ontario for other infertile women. I'm not waiting for that to happen... PS: Thanks for the recipes! I made a batch of the first one you posted!! :)

PRG Congrats on being pupo! I also don't think you've done any harm with the hot water bottle. :flower:

Yes, I'm sooo tired. I've been getting lots of rest though. Thankful that you got one to the blasto stage. Will be thinking of you! It is so expensive. My dh and I agreed that we'd only try IVF once. I'm so hopeful for all of us! It only takes one!

It sounds like your dh loves you and is moving forward from his last experience. Don't feel guilty. :hugs:

Writing down positive thoughts is such a good idea. I can definitely see how it would help along this crazy journey.

Sun Welcome! :howdy: That means you're pupo too :) Excited to hear about your journey.

afm Cycle monitoring in the AM. We'll see how everything is going. Just feeling BLOATED!!!

GL w/ monitoring ROS!! I hear you- IVF is very tiring!! Even though there's a lot of waiting, it's exhausting. Sending baby dust your way!

BMW Thinking of you. :hugs:

MrsW Exciting that you started your Gonal F. You, Amo, and I are days within each other. Exciting times coming up. Everyone on this forum always says it, it only takes one. Hoping that you go through!

We didn't do anything romantic really. My dh bought me flowers, chocolate, and a card and we watched a flick - but on the 13th! :p

This is an interesting article that just came out... there's so much that could be going on with us.

Amo
Good to hear that you're responding better with 4 amps! This is one CRAZY rollercoaster... the ups and downs are hard to deal with. I feel like I've been all over the place. I'm just trying to stay positive, taking it one day at a time, and move forward when things don't go as planned. We've still got a lot of this journey left to go - try to stay positive. We're here for you! :flower:

I'm very happy that we have something to fall back on and it's with my cutie dh's genes. Soooo happy about that. This will be day four of stimming - feeling BLOATED woah. Other than that and being tired a lot, all feels pretty normal.

Gonal F works out to be about $216USD/shot for me... ouch. Thank goodness insurance covers drugs at least (not the treatment... but this helps!). Is everything covered in the UK? In Ontario, Canada, IVF would be covered for you (2 blocked tubes). Supposedly they are working towards making changes in Ontario for other infertile women. I'm not waiting for that to happen... PS: Thanks for the recipes! I made a batch of the first one you posted!! :)

PRG Congrats on being pupo! I also don't think you've done any harm with the hot water bottle. :flower:

Yes, I'm sooo tired. I've been getting lots of rest though. Thankful that you got one to the blasto stage. Will be thinking of you! It is so expensive. My dh and I agreed that we'd only try IVF once. I'm so hopeful for all of us! It only takes one!

It sounds like your dh loves you and is moving forward from his last experience. Don't feel guilty. :hugs:

Writing down positive thoughts is such a good idea. I can definitely see how it would help along this crazy journey.

Sun Welcome! :howdy: That means you're pupo too :) Excited to hear about your journey.

afm Cycle monitoring in the AM. We'll see how everything is going. Just feeling BLOATED!!!

Thanks for the thoughts <3 I am doing better.

Good luck at your scan in the morning! Hope you have lots of follies growing in there.

I should be expecting af any day now so I can get started and join you girls in the stimming party! lol

Wishing you all the luck that can come your way beneathmywing.
Let us know how you get on.

x

Rosina, thank you for your thoughts and for putting my mind to rest about the hot water bottle thing - how silly that something like that could cause tears and sleepless nights - only during this process! :winkwink:

My hubby is great and I'm very lucky that although we agreed not to even consider IVF he has been by my side all the way. We are a very close couple and never take that for granted.

Sending you lots of positive thoughts and best wishes for this rollercoaster ride.

Beneath, you're so close now :thumbup: I hope you're feeling okay :flower:

Rosina, I know, thank you! I think it just hit like a wall yesterday because I've just been feeling so positive before now. I'm feeling much better today though :thumbup: Thanks goodness the drugs are covered, that is shocking! It's a lottery in the UK as to whether you get free treatment or not, all depending where you live. We're having to pay for everything here, which is awful. Maybe I should move to Ontario, I've always fancied living in Canada!
You're welcome for the recipes, I had to go and make one as writing them down made me hungry!!

The icsi is great news :happydance: This sounds like a strange question but does your bloating feel hard? My lower tummy is rock solid! I have pain this morning too, it feels just like af cramps so that feels like progress at last! Today is day 7 of stims (where has the time gone!)

Sun and Prgirl thank you :flower: How are you feeling?

Amor- when do you think you'll have ER?

AFM ... Not really sure! Starting to doubt things a little bit. Haven't tested- but I am only 5dp5dt. Trying to get more PMA.

PRG Glad we could help! :) Sounds like you’re super lucky with your dh – it looks as though he’s focused only on you and not the past.

Sun Thank-you! :)

Are you two ladies doing anything crazy/interesting to make things work or just letting things happen?

BMW Excited for you to join our parrrtayy. LoL. :loopy:

Amo A lottery! OMG. What are the chances of “winning”? I’ve never heard of that before. I’m keeping a record of every penny I spend… My prediction (not including drugs) is about $9,140 USD.

My bloating felt hard yesterday… not so much this morning. Today is day 5 for me… just behind you! You’re SOOO close now…! Eek!

afm The clinic was very busy this morning. My RN was late because something happened to her cat :( So there was a bit of a lineup.

So far, about 8 follies are worth noting. RS: 1.2cm, 1.2, 1.2, 1.2, 1.0 LS: 1.5, 1.2, 0.9. They want me to go in daily now as my dominant follicle is progressing quickly (so they want to keep an eye on it).

ROS- I'm glad they will be monitoring you daily! Follicle #s sound good!! You asked if I did anything: I have had pineapple, avocado, and nuts pretty routinely as some people say they help... Although I doubt it's true, I just needed to feel like I was doing something. I also try and visualize my embies attaching and growing. But mainly I just try and stay distracted!! Lol

Beneath- yay for AF!

Beneath - congrats! That's great news. :thumbup:

Ros, same as Sun pretty much. So much avocado I think I might turn into one! :haha: nuts (5 x brazil and then others as I fancy them), pineapple, kale and pineapple smoothie, no caffeine, no alcohol and trying to get enough sleep. I seem to be unreasonably shattered and the injections are starting to hurt, which they haven't until now.

I haven't done anything else, but like Sun am trying to keep myself distracted although that seems more and more impossible as the days go on.

I wasn't going to test before Wednesday (25 is our test date) but we think we may do it sooner to be a little more prepared. I have a meeting on Wednesday and don't want to be an emotional wreck - either way - when I'm training a room full of people! :dohh:

How are things with you?

Beneath- yay! How did your scan go?

Rosina- The numbers are pretty scary, I'm trying not to think about it too much! Very exciting to get some news on your follies, it sounds like they're doing well! Daily will be quite a slog for you though. How far do you live from the clinic?

Sun-After talking to them today my ET date looks like Wednesday next week so still a whole week away!

So another set of bloods today and I got to see my estrodial numbers. (Though this might be useful for anyone else who gets theirs too). So after 2 days on stims @ 3 ampules it was 108. Then after 6 days @ and 3 days on 4 ampules it was 826. I will hopefully get my latest numbers the end of the day.
At the current rate she is expecting my ET to be Wednesday, but I would actually prefer Friday as the I have the choice of a 3 or 5 day transfer (providing there are embies of course) then.

Hi to anyone I haven't mentioned! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"