Feb ivf buddies!!

PRG Eek to bum injections! :p My fingers are crossed for you!

BMW What drugs will you do for stimming?

Amo Oh dear... yup... this is just one crazy process. It just seems like we're doomed to ups and downs. At least you have your parents to help with lifts - it's a good thing. :) Hang in there and keep your chin up!

Your follicles seem to be growing together more than mine. A handful have really taken a liking to the Gonal F, so most are too immature (hence why I have the retrieval so early!).

afm Things are going okay. I think I'll have 8 eggs for transfer - the rest just aren't growing. I hope they're high quality! Last Gonal-F tonight + the TRIGGER! Retrieval on Sunday.

How is everyone else doing?

8 is still a really good number, I will probably be looking at around the same unless these smaller ones catch up. I can't believe you have your trigger tonight! Let us know how it goes! I feel so behind you now, it all seems to have gone by so fast! You're my cycle buddy, I feel like we're destined to have the same result! :blush:

Amoreamy those numbers look great! I would have been happy with them - my lining alone was no where near.

Are you sure you're going ET Wednesday?
When is your egg collection?

I think you're in the same clinic as me and they try to get you to blast, which would mean 5 days. Everything happened far quicker than we were expecting even with the longer transfer date.

Fingers crossed for you!
We had Prof Balon who was amazing.

Not sure about my pains, they feel very much like AF so I'm just praying that I've got it wrong. We've been through so many ups and too many downs over the years and I'm not sure after all this I would be in a position to cope so well :nope:

Thank you :) My dose has just gone back up so I think they're trying to boost those 11mm one to be ready on time. So, my retrieval is probably Wednesday, with either a 2 day or 5 day transfer available as they're closed weekends. I will only book the ER on Monday after the scan though.

I'm at James Cook, where are you? We have two Egyptian doctors, Mr Mustafa and Mr Mohamed. They're both really nice, but Mr Mohamed is as cute as a button bless him! I find it's all been about the nursing staff so far and they've all been really amazing and very easy to talk to.

Even though I'm not as far down the line I completely understand how you feel. I have been trying for nearly 6 years and have this as my only option. It is so hard to describe the grief cycle you have to incur ttc for this long and never knowing whether you're ever going to be successful. But whatever happens, happens, and I promise you are strong enough to cope with every last bit of it. :hugs:

Just a quick update about the scan and my numbers.

Day 10

lining is 12-13mm and triple line.

left ovary- 12 follicles
16mm, 15mm, 14mm, 13.5mm, 12.5mm, and 7 @11mm

right ovary- 8 follicles
2 @13mm, 12.5mm, 5 @ 6mm or less.

I go another scan on Monday and hopefully book ET for Wednesday.

My e2 numbers have been;

Day 2: 108
Day 6: 826
Day 8: 2418

I'm pretty pleased as it all seems positive which is a huge relief. Now another few days in painful limbo until my scan on Monday!!

Those numbers sound great!!!

Thank you Beneath! My dose has just gone up again so I think they're trying to give those smaller ones a boost :)

Hi Amoreamy we are actually at Seacroft in Leeds, sorry I thought you must have been in the same unit but you're the other way - up North. That was our other option.

We are in the same boat, we haven't got an endless pot of funds and that just piles all the more pressure on.

Still, we will find out soon enough what the outcome is as our test date is Wednesday next week.

Sending you lots of positive thoughts and :hugs: for your scan and egg retrieval. :flower:

Hi Amoreamy we are actually at Seacroft in Leeds, sorry I thought you must have been in the same unit but you're the other way - up North. That was our other option.

We are in the same boat, we haven't got an endless pot of funds and that just piles all the more pressure on.

Still, we will find out soon enough what the outcome is as our test date is Wednesday next week.

Sending you lots of positive thoughts and :hugs: for your scan and egg retrieval. :flower:

Ah we started off at Leeds but we got really fed up with the waiting times between the appointments. Once we moved everything happened really quickly. How have you found it? Are you around York somewhere?

And thank you :) Sending lots of positivity back to you too! I'm looking forward to your bfp :kiss:

We are in Leeds, which is convenient, but we know exactly what you mean about the waiting times - I don't think we've had a single appointment that has been on time. It's always at least 20 minutes if not longer.

We were also promised early morning appointments as we are self funding but that didn't really happen either - it was always 8.30 or 9am even when I explained that I had meetings I couldn't move.

It seems the attitude is that if you don't give up everything then you don't care enough - how wrong is that? If only they had half an idea :nope:

The nurses and consultants have been really good though - we can't fault them this time around but we did have a bad experience previously.

Hoping all goes well with you too :hugs:

Amo Oh dear... yup... this is just one crazy process. It just seems like we're doomed to ups and downs. At least you have your parents to help with lifts - it's a good thing. :) Hang in there and keep your chin up!

Your follicles seem to be growing together more than mine. A handful have really taken a liking to the Gonal F, so most are too immature (hence why I have the retrieval so early!).

afm Things are going okay. I think I'll have 8 eggs for transfer - the rest just aren't growing. I hope they're high quality! Last Gonal-F tonight + the TRIGGER! Retrieval on Sunday.

I'm on Femara days 2-6 along with 225 follistim and 1 vial of menopur. 8 eggs is great! So excited for trigger and ER soon! Wooohooo

We are in Leeds, which is convenient, but we know exactly what you mean about the waiting times - I don't think we've had a single appointment that has been on time. It's always at least 20 minutes if not longer.

We were also promised early morning appointments as we are self funding but that didn't really happen either - it was always 8.30 or 9am even when I explained that I had meetings I couldn't move.

It seems the attitude is that if you don't give up everything then you don't care enough - how wrong is that? If only they had half an idea :nope:

The nurses and consultants have been really good though - we can't fault them this time around but we did have a bad experience previously.

Hoping all goes well with you too :hugs:

That's a shame, i would have thought that continuing a normal life while you're doing this is the healthiest thing to do. (I say that despite being practically incapable of thinking about anything else!) But still the world keeps turning when you do this and work, bills, car problems (!), illness all still happen!

Hopefully your need to go there now will disappear soon, and you'll be well on your way to mummyhood! :)

I'm on Femara days 2-6 along with 225 follistim and 1 vial of menopur. 8 eggs is great! So excited for trigger and ER soon! Wooohooo

Sounds good beneath! I'm sorry if you already said but when is your next scan? How long did you stim for previously? :)

Amo Hope the smaller ones catch up too! I know - we've been pretty much within a day of each other this whole time. It's so crazy how we're so unique that drugs can affect us so differently. I'm so happy about your numbers - I know you were worried in the beginning.

PRG I hear ya regarding the lack of an "endless pot of funds." It's also a lot to go through physically and emotionally. Hoping for the best for you.

BMW Wow! What a cocktail of drugs. There's so much out there to make this happen - it's so interesting. Looking forward to hearing about your scan :)

afm I wonder what my final number will be... As for the trigger - I feel SO bloated... not sure if it's from drugs or...

Trigger: Ovidrel
Antibiotic 2x daily for 4 days: Doxycycline
Ativan tonight before I go to bed and at 8AM tomorrow
9AM retrieval Sunday
Monday -> Friday: Rectal :sick: Progesterone suppositories 3x daily (oh joy, I get to do this at work!)
Friday (hopefully) ET
Friday onward for 12 weeks vaginal progesterone suppositories 3x daily
I think March 11th - Beta test

Thanks Rosina,I hope so too. Oh my goodness! It makes no sense that your bloated, there's hardly anything going on there! The rectal suppositories face haha! That made me giggle! You find yourself doing all these strange things in strange places through this process, and you occasionally think, how did it come to this? I'm shooting up in a lay-by! :haha:
I'm very excited for you though, I feel so invested in everyone's cycles, just as much as my own. I will keep everything crossed for you :hugs:

What's Ativan? It's not one I've heard of.

Hi all,

I'm so pleased to hear that everyone's cycles are progressing well.
There is certainly a lot of positive news on this thread. :flower:

Unfortunately I think we're out. I tested this morning - as we're 9dp5dt and some clinics give this as your date, I figured we would know one way or another and it would allow us to manage our feelings if things weren't great.

Turns out BFN. We used a digital that can test four days early and it said very clearly 'Not Pregnant'. Just what you want to see at 7am!

So, so upset. Have spent all day trying to hide the fact I can't stop crying. Everything is setting me off. :cry:

Sending everyone else :dust:

:hugs: prgirl, I know it must be incredibly disheartening but it's not over yet. The digital tests aren't as sensitive as frers. There's still time. Thinking of you xx

PR, I wouldn't trust a digital just yet (they usually need an hcg of 100) - do you have a pink dye test to double check? Like a first response?

I haven't tested since 6.5dp5dt. To nervous to see another bfn.

Hi Amo and Sun, I'm just so down. It really knocked me for six and hubby. We are staying in for a 'date night' tonight, which translates for both of us as we need to get our heads around the fact that this is likely to be bad news.

It's interesting that you say digital aren't as reliable - I though they were the most reliable, hence why we got one. It is also one that says it can test up to four days in advance!

I just don't know what's going on.
My head is a mess and I wish I'd never tested but then to feel like this on Wednesday and have to go to work would be no good at all.

Sun are you testing Wednesday too or will you do one before?

Sending you guys lots of :hugs: and :flower:

I know lots of ladies won't use a digital until they know they're pregnant. Blue dye tests just aren't as sensitive or accurate (I don't know why). Please try a pink dye like a frer, but more importantly enjoy dh time :) :flower:

Sounds good beneath! I'm sorry if you already said but when is your next scan? How long did you stim for previously? :)

My next scan is Monday! I stimmed for 10 days last time. Estimate ER looks like March 3rd as of now.

Rosina -- Oh and I am also on a pill that has b-6, b-12 and folic acid. You are on quite a few things yourself!!!

Prgirl -- I am so sorry for the bfn hun. Still keeping my fx for you!

I tested tonight and BFN. Not again until weds, but pretty disappointed and frustrated. This is our second "perfect" FET that failed.

It's not over yet Sun, I still have my fx'd for you :hugs:

Beneath, I have my scan tomorrow too, hopefully the final one. Let us know how you get on! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->