February 2013 babies

Hi Trathsack and huge congrats! I am due the day after you! I hope you have a happy and healthy pg!

Welcome trathsack!
February is a really popular month! I'm impressed how many women are due in Feb in general and quite a few of us over 35.

I have my midwife appointment tomorrow. We'll do all the general history stuff etc and discuss my scan. Because I'm over 35 they always do an 8 week dating scan, so that they can be sure to schedule the NT scan in the correct time frame. Normally you'd get your scan right before the midwife appointment, but the sonographer wasn't going to be there tomorrow, so I lucked out and the only time available was last Friday. So, while I've seen the baby and know s/he's ok, I didn't get any info from the scan (heart rate, dating, etc). I should get all that info tomorrow.

Seity- I wish my doctor would do more for me since I am 39 but my first appt isn't scheduled until 10+1. When I got the call from them I couldn't believe they wanted me to wait that long before seeing me and wanted to ask them if they realize how old I am. I just want to know that everything is ok. 12 more days to go....

Thanks Casper72! Back from seeing the midwife. Got the results from my scan last week. Baby is eager and measuring ahead. They put me at 7+6 (last week), so new due date is Feb 9th. The heart rate was 158 and jellybean measured at 15 mm. I mentioned that I could already hear the baby at home on my doppler, so we pulled out theirs and had a listen. Found it really easy and it was nice and strong. That was a lot of fun. I have my next appointment on the 31st to do the NT scan and bloods.

Great news Seity:)

I have my scan on Sunday, fingers crossed mine goes as well as yours.

X

Great news for you Seity! Hope my scan next week goes as well! XO

Good luck with your scans JJay and JustaTrace! I look forward to seeing some pics.

This may be the beginning of the end for me. I just went to the ER for a 48 hr follow up. Beta went up, baby grew, hemorrhage has gotten smaller, but fetal heart rate dramatically dropped in half!!! Two days ago it was 124 and today is sadly only 59. I can't even find anything on the Internet that low. Apparently 80 is an impending miscarriage. The strangest thing is the idiot ER doctor made no big deal about it and said I should be happy there is a heartbeat! I am totally devastated right now........

Great news on your scan Seity, your little one sounds like they are cooking nicely :thumbup:

I have my 12 week scan in 12 sleeps.....not that I'm counting :blush:

I hope everyone is else is well xx

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

This may be the beginning of the end for me. I just went to the ER for a 48 hr follow up. Beta went up, baby grew, hemorrhage has gotten smaller, but fetal heart rate dramatically dropped in half!!! Two days ago it was 124 and today is sadly only 59. I can't even find anything on the Internet that low. Apparently 80 is an impending miscarriage. The strangest thing is the idiot ER doctor made no big deal about it and said I should be happy there is a heartbeat! I am totally devastated right now........

Mrs T, so sorry to hear this.......If the doctor didn't seem worried is that not a good thing?

I hope everything is ok.....when is your next appointment?

Big hugs :hugs::hugs:

:hugs: I am sorry you are going through this Mrs T. Is there a way to get ahold of your regular doc and brooch the low h/b topic with him/her?

:hugs: MrsT, sorry I don't have any advice but I really hope everything is ok x

Scan tomorrow morning eeeek I'm nervous and excited at the same time.

Thank you Perpetual Mama :) everything was perfect and we saw our little jellybean moving and saw the heart flickering. Measured one day behind at 8+6 but going to wait and see what the official dating scan says. The later the better as I don't want to be induced!

JJay - so glad to hear your scan went well.

I measured 2 days ahead at mine. My son always measured ahead too (Based on his 'date' we were pregnant before we had sex that month -lol). Some babies just grow a little faster.

Thank you Perpetual Mama :) everything was perfect and we saw our little jellybean moving and saw the heart flickering. Measured one day behind at 8+6 but going to wait and see what the official dating scan says. The later the better as I don't want to be induced!

Congrats on the good scan! :happydance: I hear that on being induced! Induced for first 2 kids at 41+6 and 41+1, 3rd one came along on his own at 42+1 because I refused to be induced until 42+1. Labor started late evening at 42 w exactly and ended on 42+1 just hours before my scheduled induction!.Children 4 and 5 were induced after my water broke and contractions didn't start. Child 4 was at 40 +6 and child 4 was at 41+ 6. Obviously I am a late ovulator, and despite my kids being right on target at the scans (and quite big at brith) they just don't want to come out! They wanted to induce me with the last one so I could have him home for Christmas, but I cried and begged and refused...then got a major lecture from my OBGYN when DS was in distress from induction. (He was facing sideways and wouldn't descend, and no matter how many times they turned him he'd keep flipping back. Doc had me pushing at 7 cm because otherwise they were going to have to do a c-section. That was hell. Hoping this little one cooperates and pops right out when it's time. I can see why you accepted a date change, more time for your bean to cook :haha:)

Gabriel came at 38+3, but I was expecting and hoping he'd wait until week 41. 42 weeks is a normal cooking time, so I don't know why they always seem to want to induce before you've gotten to 42 weeks. If this one is comfy, I'll refuse to be induced unless they can prove there's a danger to my baby, like signs my placenta is degrading. Honestly, I expect this one will come early and be a January baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->