February 2013 babies

Congrats and welcome Lindylou! I had my first at 36, so I don't think it's old at all :haha: Do you have a due date I can put on the first post? -- 10+1 would be the 12th for you?

Thanks seity - met my midwife on Monday and she said 6th feb but I had an early scan which gave me the 4th (dh birthday!)

I'm due Febuary 13th. lucky #13? Any day is fine by me after trying for 2 years. Haha :)
This will be our 1st child.

My scan is today!! Finally get to see what's up! :) Prenatal appt yesterday went really well and my uterus is the size of a large tangerine (she said)...(tennis ball - 8 weeks.)

Goodluck JustaTrace! Its lovely to see and makes it feel more real. Let us know how it was x

Welcome and congrats to the new ladies!

Casper72 thanks and yes it's lovely. The older generation don't always have something to look forward to due to immobility and health so it's lovely to give them news like this.

Good luck with your scan JustaTrace!

Hi to the new ladies :)

Hope your scan went well Justatrace. Xx

I had my 2nd scan this week, saw a little tadpole with a hb...:cloud9:

It was only 4mm (so so small - amazed they can see anything) so they have put me back to 9th March, but having another scan in 2 weeks....

xx

Hurray for HB Becks! Here's hoping the next scan goes well too.
Mine is about 2 weeks from now as well, on the 31st. Day after my birthday! :happydance:

Mrs T my heart goes out to you! :hugs:
Welcome Linylou and PeggyO
I am writing this from my hospital bed. I got taken in yesterday as I had been sick over 20 times and felt like death warmed up. My anti sickness tablets wouldn't stay down and I was seriously dehydrated. Am on 4th drip and have taken countless tablets but am tucking into a plate of pasta.
Hope you are all well.
C

Loompy- hope you feel better soon.

Went to visit friends this weekend and couldn't resist buying a couple of baby outfits :) Keep looking at them wondering who will be wearing them in 7 months.

Mrs T my heart goes out to you! :hugs:
Welcome Linylou and PeggyO
I am writing this from my hospital bed. I got taken in yesterday as I had been sick over 20 times and felt like death warmed up. My anti sickness tablets wouldn't stay down and I was seriously dehydrated. Am on 4th drip and have taken countless tablets but am tucking into a plate of pasta.
Hope you are all well.
C

Hope you feel better soon, sickness hasn't kicked in yet, other than feeling a little queasy at times.... xx

May I join the February Mama club? I am 39, pregnant for the first time, and my due date, as of right now, is 2/23. I am 8wks pregnant and incredibly excited! This is a baby that is already loved, loved, loved! I am patiently waiting for my first appt. on 7/23. Phew, excited to be joining you all!

Welcome FebruaryMama!

Loopy - Feel better soon. I have no idea how you women who get morning sickness manage.

Thanks for the welcome, Seity! I was curious to hear stories from all of you about your first appointments. I was quite surprised to hear that my OB doesn't typically see you unless you are between 8-10 weeks along. Has this been your experience as well? They said that she likes to do it then so that she can check for the heartbeat (makes sense, but an earlier appointment to ease at least my mind would make perfect sense to me as well!). If I am scheduled for my first appointment at 9 weeks, when should I expect my second appointment (given the timing of those first semester screens)? Definitely new to pregnancy and to forums - I guess I can only benefit from your collective experiences! Thanks a bunch!

Yep, at mine they schedule first appointment around 8 weeks. I had my first midwife appointment at 8+6 (so basically 9 weeks), but the sonographer wasn't going to be there that day, so I actually had my scan the week before. There really doesn't seem to be much point at a scan before then because it's so easy to scare people if their dates are a little off and they don't see anything on the scan. If the dates are off when you get an 8 week scan, usually worst case you're only 6 weeks and at least then you'd still be likely to see the baby and potentially the HB anyway. If something were to go wrong, most often it's before that 8 week point and there really wouldn't be anything they could do about it anyway. It doesn't make waiting any easier, you just have to have faith in your body and the baby. If you do opt for the NT scan, then you're next appointment will generally be around the 12 week mark.

I got lucky today! Both DH and I ended up with an unexpected day off (bad for the bankbook, good for my exhaustion). I was scheduled for an ultrasound Wednesday night at 6 in hopes DH could manage to get out of work by then. Since we were both home I called the radiology dept and asked if they had any openings today (no big deal, I told them, if they didn't have any). The lady told me to come in at 11:30 AM! :happydance:
Baby is measuring 9w 2 Days (doc had me at 9w+3), and baby's h/b was 178. DH, DS and I got to see little limbs moving and the heartbeat fluttering :cloud9:

babyBelisle2.jpg

So cute PM! I'm glad they were able to fit you in, so you could both be there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->