February 2013 babies

Shancerie- great to see you back. Glad you are both doing well zxx

Who else is finding out team blue or pink? I'm staying yellow!

I'm finding out! My appointment is the 28th. I can hardly wait.

Seems like forever away to me :haha: I think it's a girl, but that's not a preference. I'm fine with either. I think it would take me a day or so of mental adjustment if it turns out my intuition is wrong though.

Shancerie- great to see you back. Glad you are both doing well zxx

Who else is finding out team blue or pink? I'm staying yellow!

We're finding out (hopefully LO cooperates, or all this hype will be a let down)! 16 more days to go! Saturday Sept 22 :happydance:

Seity- what makes you think girls?

Perpetual- any gut feeling what you are having?

Just a gut feeling really. Had a dream early on that it was a girl. Bump is carrying up high, compared to down low with my son. With my son I craved sugar and protein and with this one it's carbs and not so much sugar. I had a really strong + BFP at only 11 dpo and I read that with girls it's common to have higher hcg levels early on. I know that any of that could be true and it could be a boy, but the gut feeling of girl just won't quit.

Almost everyone around me is saying girl, but I have no idea. Our next ultrasoud isn't until the 28th - our 20 week. We should be able to tell at that visit. Our last ultrasound was in the 15th week, and the tech said he thought it was a girl, then he said, "Wait, no... maybe." So, there's a pretty good chance I'm having a Pink! However, I won't know for a few more weeks. I hate waiting!!!

My son has insisted it's a girl this whole time too. Keeps talking about how he has a sister.
shancherie - our 20 week scans are the same day!

Everyone is absolutely shocked I'm having a boy. Everyone keeps saying that they were sure it would be a girl. I had girl feelings, but I should have known as I have been extremely sick and suffering from headaches, exactly the same as my DS pregnancy and very different from my 2 girl pregnancies.

Got my first big kick yesterday, gave me abit of a shock! I didn't expect it so early and I think it was a fluke! Felt it from the outside. Forgot what an amazing feeling it is :)

Bumpity that's great :) I can't wait to feel proper kicks. I think I felt some movement during the night last night but I'm have just been dreaming :lol:

I'm definitely staying team yellow - our hospital won't tell you even if you ask as apparently they were sued a few years ago for getting it wrong :nope: But there is very little left to be surprised about in life so I'm going to wait til baby arrives to find out, but I do excited about hearing what everyone else is having :)

That sucks about them being sued Lulu. People can be such asses!

Since I felt that first movement 2+ weeks ago, I've felt the baby at least once every day since. For the past week, I've been able to see and feel the baby from the outside as well, except for some of the smaller movements. Of course the baby never cooperates when my husband is around (or paying attention). :haha:

Seity- what makes you think girls?

Perpetual- any gut feeling what you are having?

I'm thinking girl, mainly because I have felt so awful-and my skin and hair are sucked dry of moisture- and didn't feel nearly as badly with DS(5). I almost have myself convinced...to the point i'm thinking of baby as Anneliese already. I guess that's foolish, since it could go either way :haha:
2 weeks 1 day and we find out :)

I find out on Friday whether I can come off bed rest - I am SO looking forward to moving around a little! And then, two short weeks later, I find out gender! I'll be halfway through my pregnancy already! :happydance:

I hope you can come off bed rest. That would drive me mad.

I think I am going a bit crazy. I am actually looking forward to going back to work and doing my chores (I really miss shopping!)

Oh Shancherie I really hope you're allowed off bed rest, how long have you been resting again, I can't remember? If I'm ill, I get bored & frustrated after a couple of hours. It's a different thing than choosing to lie in bed & chill out :hugs:

Then nearly 20 weeks, that's exciting too :)

Shancherie, However much we might like the idea of a rest when you can't do anything it must be a nightmare! How have you kept yourself from getting bored? I have all my fingers and toes crossed for you for Friday, lol! I have just noticed we are due the same day :)

Was bleeding again yesterday and passed a clot :(. Saw the on call midwife and baby seems fine but am feeling anxious. Mentioned what the sonographer said about my placenta at the private scan and she phoned the Day Assessment Unit to see what they thought. Unless I'm bleeding really heavily they aren't interested in seeing me as it hasnt been diagnosed by them, they will see what the situation is at my 20 week scan. That's only 2 weeks away, but we are moving on Fri and I am so busy trying to pack but my DH won't let me lift or carry, so I feel useless! He keeps telling me to rest and take it easy which is sweet but frustrating when there is so much to do. Don't want to put baby at risk though, just wish I knew if the bleeding was definitely coming from a low placenta or not so I could have some guidelines of what I can or can't do.

Maybe MIA for a few days now as focusing on the move. Hope everyone keeps well x

I'm very blessed to have had two easy, complication free pregnancies. I can't imagine the stress and worry that you ladies go through.
I hope you get some answers Bumpity. :hugs:

How long on bed rest? Hmmm... On July 26th I had heavy bleeding and went to the ER - subchorionic hematoma. The next day one of the docs (they are a cooperative) said everything was fine since I stopped bleeding and could go back to normal. One week later (or maybe it was 2?) I started bleeding again - not bright red, but heavy. Saw another doc who said bed rest until I stopped bleeding - that took two weeks. Around that time I went in for a checkup and yet another doc said to stay on bed rest for two weeks after the bleeding stopped. There may be some extra days here and there - but it sure feels like I have been on the couch since July!!!

How do I keep from losing my mind, entirely? I crochet and have nearly finished a super-cute baby blanket, and I also started to learn how to do needlework. My boss is letting me work from home; which is the real life-saver! That's eight hours a day at least my mind is occupied. I have gained more weight than I am supposed to, but I am always STARVING and can't walk, bike, hike, run or swim it off. There is also the sad fact that I am craving potatoes and anything with cheese sauce - many, many calories!

We're supposed to be getting ready for the winter - finding folks who need wood removed from their yards and bringing it home to chop and stack - I can't help at all! The house is dusty and my husband is trying desperately hard to keep up with both our chores and everything else. He's been a real trooper! His mom brings us dinner once a week, too. Luckily, some folks from church came by the other day and helped chop and stack all the wood we had stored in back - that was awesome!

So, while it has been hard, having folks rally around and help out has been wonderful and makes it really hard to complain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->