February 2013 babies

I haven't been on since Friday because that was the day of our checkup and the day I was supposed to come off bed rest. However, they did not find a heartbeat and confirmed by ultrasound that we lost the baby. I spent 27 hours Saturday and Sunday in labor and delivered Noelle Violet around noon on Sunday. :cry:

Good Luck to you all - I'll keep you and your little ones in my prayers!

Sancherie: I write this through the tears, my heart is absolutely breaking for you and your family. :cry: I will keep you all in my prayers and may God hold your little one fast in his arms :hugs: :cry:

I'm due mid Feb - age 35. Had first baby at 34. Both planned.

Congrats and welcome! Would you like your due date added to the first post?
We're all approaching the 20 week scan. Do you plan to find out the gender?

Yes please, due date 16th Feb.
I have my scan a week Friday and will probably find out so I know whether to put the baby clothes up in the loft or keep them down.

Welcome Rossi! Do you have a son or daughter at home?

Hi Rossi. Hope you are doing ok.

Hi to everybody else.
Such sad news from shancerie. I have been thinking of her all day. So
so tragic.

I haven't been on since Friday because that was the day of our checkup and the day I was supposed to come off bed rest. However, they did not find a heartbeat and confirmed by ultrasound that we lost the baby. I spent 27 hours Saturday and Sunday in labor and delivered Noelle Violet around noon on Sunday. :cry:

Good Luck to you all - I'll keep you and your little ones in my prayers!

Shanchere, I'm so sorry :cry: Noelle is such a lovely name. I can only imagine what you and your family are going through just now, my thoughts are with you :hugs:

rossi - I also have my scan on the 28th. So close, yet so far away.

Hi Everyone,

So sorry to hear of that loss. Heartbreaking...

I am due February 11, 2013. This is number 4 and I have three girls ages 19,15,10. This will be my first boy. I had CVS and all is well so far. All test have been great. But like any older mom I get kind of worried every once in a while.

I just started feeling movement and after I eat throughout the day i look so pregnant. Not so bad in the morning. lol. So far I have gained 3 pounds and am trying to not become a blimp as i started out heavier this time. Is anyone also going through this.

Good luck Lindy for tomorrow. Let us know how you get on.

Loompy, I'm well thanks. We moved at the weekend so am living in devastation too if that's any consolation, lol! How are you feeling? Is the sickness wearing off yet?

Welcome to the new ladies!

Am 19 weeks tomorrow and suddenly look very pregnant. Don't want to weigh myself for fear of what I might see :(!!!!!

Congrats on a boy 3sisters and welcome!

Hi PM,

I too am in school for nursing. Taking Pharmacology right now and will reapply to program in January for next fall right before baby. I totally know what you mean about the grades. Actually I got a "B" in Pharmacology about 2 years ago and did get into the program but declined due to terminal illness in my dad. No the right timing but now I have to reapply and it is very competitive. Where I am it's really high scores and prefect gpa. So I opted to take Pharmacology again for the A. Still wondering if I get in will I be able to do with a 8 month old baby. Luckily, i don't have to work right now and was an interior designer/ teacher. Wishing you well with school. I know what you mean.

I'm due mid Feb - age 35. Had first baby at 34. Both planned.

Welcome Rossi, how are you feeling? What will be the age difference between your babies?

They will be 15 months apart. I'm feeling ok, bit tired. Thankfully little one has been sleeping through the night now for the past month, that was a killer at the beginning of the pregnancy when he wasn't.

My LO didn't sleep the night until he was 2 years, 5months old. (He's 2.5 now) That first year was especially brutal. I was so sleep deprived and just wanted to return my defective baby. The lack of sleep is the thing I dread most about when this one is born. I'm not sure I can survive that again.

Had scan today. All went fine, no problems. Bump co operated for all the measurements but not for a pic for us!! So relieved!!'

Hurray for everything being good during your scan. I have no idea how anyone can stand being on team yellow though :rofl:

I want to know in one way but then the thought of dh telling me we have a son or daughter is what I want I think. Although I will probably be drugged up and not remember :)

I want to know in one way but then the thought of dh telling me we have a son or daughter is what I want I think. Although I will probably be drugged up and not remember :)

See, then I'd just have the tech tell my husband and he could relay it to me seconds later :haha: I'm the person who doesn't wait to give or open Christmas presents either, so I'm not exactly patient when it comes to this sort of thing. :haha:

Ha ha I usually "guess" what presents are because I snoop around and pick up on stuff. Don't have a clue with this surprise though!

Hi PM,

I too am in school for nursing. Taking Pharmacology right now and will reapply to program in January for next fall right before baby. I totally know what you mean about the grades. Actually I got a "B" in Pharmacology about 2 years ago and did get into the program but declined due to terminal illness in my dad. No the right timing but now I have to reapply and it is very competitive. Where I am it's really high scores and prefect gpa. So I opted to take Pharmacology again for the A. Still wondering if I get in will I be able to do with a 8 month old baby. Luckily, i don't have to work right now and was an interior designer/ teacher. Wishing you well with school. I know what you mean.

Yeah, we needed a 4.0 to get in (perfect score) and I worked so hard for the past 4 years. I am going to keep plugging away though!!

Scan Saturday afternoon!! less than 44 hours to go!

Now that I am older I have noticed alot of my ideals on parent/ child raising have changed. Particularily the part about co-sleeping and birth plans. After having a rough time of no sleep for months after number two. When three came along she slept with me. Sometimes in the carseat while I on the couch. She absolutely hated the crib or anything that would allow her to spread out. Sleeping with me and nursing worked the best and was the only way I could get any sleep and that would allow me to operate a car in the mornings to take the other two to school. Sleep deprivation sucks.

Now I am much more flexible and I say,, what ever works for you to be able to maintain sanity and rest is the most important. Even over nursing. ( I nursed the last one for 3.5 years due to her eczema) but have no idealistic views on doing anything like that again. Sometimes babies who accept formula sleep longer and mommies need this for sanity. I am no longer judgmental. But I am hoping to nurse.

Moms need need sleep.

I tried it all, but he was just a hungry baby. I had to cosleep just to get 4 hours of broken sleep a night. He'd wake every 1-2 hours to nurse that entire first year and it took him about 45 min a session to nurse. I had to supplement with formula due to low supply, but he still woke just as often at night and it was a bigger pain to try and do a bottle in the night, so I gave that up and just BF at night and let him have formula when I was at work. I probably shouldn't have been operating a car, but I couldn't not work. I learned a lot from that experience though, so I'm hoping things aren't quite so bad this time around. I really, really never wanted another child because of that, so it's still a bit hard for me to accept that in another 4.5 months I'm going to have to deal with a baby again. I developed PTSD from the trauma of that first year and still have issues with other people being pregnant, much less myself. I just can't be happy or excited for them because of my personal experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->