February 2013 babies

How long on bed rest? Hmmm... On July 26th I had heavy bleeding and went to the ER - subchorionic hematoma. The next day one of the docs (they are a cooperative) said everything was fine since I stopped bleeding and could go back to normal. One week later (or maybe it was 2?) I started bleeding again - not bright red, but heavy. Saw another doc who said bed rest until I stopped bleeding - that took two weeks. Around that time I went in for a checkup and yet another doc said to stay on bed rest for two weeks after the bleeding stopped. There may be some extra days here and there - but it sure feels like I have been on the couch since July!!!

How do I keep from losing my mind, entirely? I crochet and have nearly finished a super-cute baby blanket, and I also started to learn how to do needlework. My boss is letting me work from home; which is the real life-saver! That's eight hours a day at least my mind is occupied. I have gained more weight than I am supposed to, but I am always STARVING and can't walk, bike, hike, run or swim it off. There is also the sad fact that I am craving potatoes and anything with cheese sauce - many, many calories!

We're supposed to be getting ready for the winter - finding folks who need wood removed from their yards and bringing it home to chop and stack - I can't help at all! The house is dusty and my husband is trying desperately hard to keep up with both our chores and everything else. He's been a real trooper! His mom brings us dinner once a week, too. Luckily, some folks from church came by the other day and helped chop and stack all the wood we had stored in back - that was awesome!

So, while it has been hard, having folks rally around and help out has been wonderful and makes it really hard to complain.

that must be so frustrating, but what an oportunity to see your friends and family step up and chip in! My house would be in shambles since DH and kids would not be so kind as to step up, I'm certain. I sure hope all is well for you at your visit, and that you're released to regular duty!

Bumpity: How scary! I'll keep you in my prayers :hugs:

Hi ladies. Sorry been missing- spent a bit of time travelling around Scotland. Feel so fat and bloated from eating not my normal diet. Hoping the excess weight will come off even though pregnant- got 20 week scan Thursday and don't want the scales to groan. X
Hope you are all well.

Sounds like fun Lindy. Good luck with your scan on Thursday.
I've been eating like a pig, but I don't think the scales have budged this week. Not for lack of trying on my part. I think I ate half a bag of Doritos the other day and that was after dinner.

I'm the bottomless pit this morning. Can't seem to satisfy the gnawing hunger :shrug:

I get days like that perpetual- eat and feel full for all of half an hour!

Hey ladies
Bumpity....are you ok. Hope bleeding has stopped. Take it as easy as you can!
I had a fetal cardiac scan on Friday and all is ok. They were really thorough and looked at everything and all seemed good. The sonographer and midwife were asking all sorts of questions about what sexes we had already and who was easiest and asked if we wanted to know the sex. DH said yes and I said no. At the end of the scan the sonographer said...you have made a good choice of sex. No idea what his cryptic message meant!
Got 20 week scan this Friday so looking forward to that. Other than that, am being sick much much less but am so tired. Had a long hard week as we have builders in and I had to empty my entire kitchen for a new one in 4 days and it exhausted me....all done now thanks goodness.
Keep smiling ladies!
C

Ha ha I bet you are going over and over what the sonogrpher said know wondering :) Glad it all went well. X

I'd be wondering what she meant too! My assumption is a gender to even out what you aleady hae...but that's just how I'd have taken it.
Our scan is in 5 days!!:happydance:

Not long now PM!! Still 11 days for me. The waiting is torture, but my friend finds out tomorrow, so that's cool.
I always heard boys were easier than girls, so if that was true for you loompy than I'd guess it might mean it was a boy, but evening out the numbers would be my other guess as to what it meant.

My scan is Thursday. Just hoping all is ok! Can't believe we are all Racin to 20 weeks!

Good luck for Thursday.
We'll be finding out a couple genders this week! :happydance:

I haven't been on since Friday because that was the day of our checkup and the day I was supposed to come off bed rest. However, they did not find a heartbeat and confirmed by ultrasound that we lost the baby. I spent 27 hours Saturday and Sunday in labor and delivered Noelle Violet around noon on Sunday. :cry:

Good Luck to you all - I'll keep you and your little ones in my prayers!

Shancherie, I am so devastated to hear your news. I am sending you and your family all my love. Noelle Violet is a beautiful name.

Shancerie- I am so so sorry. Devastated for you. It s so heartbreaking. Such a beautiful name. Sending you love ad prayers. Xxx

I'm so sorry shancherie. I can only imagine the pain of losing a baby. Noelle was loved and I'm sure will be missed by all of you.
:hugs:

I'm due mid Feb - age 35. Had first baby at 34. Both planned.

Congrats and welcome! Would you like your due date added to the first post?
We're all approaching the 20 week scan. Do you plan to find out the gender?

Have no internet yet at new house and trying to post via I phone and it keeps crashing, aaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!! Third time trying to post!!!

quickly sending big love, hugs etc to Shancherie. My thoughts are with you x
Devastating news :cry:

Will try to post more later x

Congrats and welcome! Would you like your due date added to the first post?
We're all approaching the 20 week scan. Do you plan to find out the gender?

Yes please, due date 16th Feb.
I have my scan a week Friday and will probably find out so I know whether to put the baby clothes up in the loft or keep them down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->