February 2013 babies

Not surprised you are anxious! I would definitely talk to the mw about a rescan. As you say, you pay your taxes and you should get one!
Hope it sorts itself out!

Thanks ladies!

How scary Bumpity! I've been blessed with two insanely easy, complication free pregnancies. I can only imagine the worry you must go through every day. I hope you get a rescan and everything resolves itself.

Congratulations Seity :) Great scan news and a little brother for Gabriel. Do you still have all his baby stuff? I'll be happy either way with what we have but part of me is kinda hoping for another boy as at least I'll got a ton of baby boy stuff kept from Euan.

Bumpity I can understand why you're anxious. Hopefully you get another scan.

Still 10 days till my next scan and I'm driving myself insane. Completely paranoid over the size (or not) of my bump and whether or not I'm feeling movement or just wind. With Euan I had anterior placenta and didn't really feel any movement till 22/23 weeks so I'm hoping it's the same this time. I'd love to relax and enjoy being pregnant but until I have my next scan I doubt I will.

We actually got rid of most of his baby stuff because we weren't going to have any more children. Most of the big items were loaners, so we already returned them. We never really bought anything for Gabriel in the first place and just freecycled everything on when we were done, so I expect we can just hit up freecycle to get any items we need and not need to spend any money this time around too.

We have most stuff from our DS, but sold the never used crib :). I have already sorted out all the 0-3 and 3-6 month baby clothes when we moved and they have gone straight into the nursery ready to be rewashed later. I need some warmer clothing as this baby is a winter baby whereas my DS was a summer one. Still this baby is definitely going to be cheaper!

Congrats Seity on a boy! It will be lovely for Gabriel to have a brother.

Got up yesterday to another blood clot :(. Have figured that if this is still happening at 30 weeks they are going to have to rescan me. If it resolves then I can assume placenta has moved. Want to enjoy this pregnancy but it makes me feel anxious which Ive never felt before when pregnant.

I see why you are concerned :( I would be a wreck for the next 20 weeks. I will keep you in my prayers :hugs:
since reading these posts a few days ago I have become more anxious about the low lying placenta and plan to call my OB on Monday to see what level of concern I should have. The sonographer did ask if I had any bleeding this pregnancy, that must be what she was getting at.

Congrats on the boy Seity!!

Can I join you ?. I m 39 had ivf (due to DH vasectomy) amazingly worked first time. Now 19 weeks pregnant with my first. I only now getting like I can say to people I m pregnant , for a long time we just kept quiet just incase . But as I have a bump now I d say it's pretty definate :). I have my scan on the 5th feeling a mix of excited and nervous . Anyone else got there scan this week ?

Welcome Waitingmids! Afew of us have already had our scans over the last week or so. Have a look at the first page as those of us that have found out the gender have the results posted here.

Perpetual please don't be worried! I don't mean to worry you. I'm only concerned because of the bleeding. So many ladies have low placentas and most don't cause any problems. I had one with my first and it never caused me a problem, it moved up nicely, as most do. I just feel with this one that it's not entirely happy where it is. That's if that is where the bleeding is coming from! They can't give me a definite, but it seems likely.

Welcome waitingmids. :wave:

Thanks I looked at page 1 like u said , so it seems alot of u already know what you're having. A friend lent me a Doppler yesterday , it's was amazing when we final found the heart beat ( almost hidden under my left hip) soo fast and noisey . More people are spotting I m pregnant now , customers at work are hugging me and touching my bump , not sure about that ?

Waitingmids, I know what you mean about people touching your bump. It drives me mad! My eldest daughter won't leave me alone, lol! It's sweet in a way when she does it, apart from when I'm trying to do something and she's just in my way:) but I find it weird that people who normally wouldnt touch you suddenly find you public property! I've even had a man come and rub my belly from behind!! What is that all about?!!! Makes me feel a little uncomfortable and I'm not a prude or stand off ish in any way.

I definitely look very pregnant now. Am dying to weigh myself but can't find my scales as still packed away in some box somewhere from the move. Think I might have abit of a shock when I do find them, lol!

Hello Ladies!! I'm somewhat new here. Did a couple of posts but.... So I found out last month (Sept 14) that I'm pg with child #3. I had a baby in Dec '11 and we have an 8yr old as well (both girls so far).
On Sept 17 I had an u/s & was told that I was about 18 weeks at that point (no, if you can believe it, I had NO IDEA I was pregnant due to several reasons - mainly no signs/symptoms other than missed pd but chalked that up to other reasons....can't even remember exactly when my last pd was....May something).

On Sept 26 I had my second u/s (the first showed concern that the fluid level was low but 2nd confirmed it was fine) and they now say I'm about 16 weeks and pegged due date for Feb 20/13. Too soon to find out the gender & don't go back to OB until Oct 17.

I'm concerned because of my age and having type II diabetes. Also, both u/s they scanned above my bellybutton. Isn't 16 wks still below the belly button? I can't remember. LOL

Anyway........that's my little story. :wacko:

Welcome NinjaMum. I don't really get much in the way of symptoms, but if I miss a period I always test. :haha: We weren't trying for this baby #2, so it's been a bit of a mental adjustment since we thought we were done having kids. I think 37 is young. I didn't even have my first until I was 36, luckily I have no health issues and this pregnancy has been nice and complication free so far. I can only imagine how much harder it is if you have to watch your diet due to diabetes.

No one other than my son tries to touch my belly. Maybe because it's still small. And my son has always been obsessed with it, so it's not really pregnancy related. I think it's his security blanket. :haha:

Welcome Waitingmids and Ninjamum!

We had our 20 week scan today, all was well with the baby and it was bouncing all over the place, kicking and punching :) We stayed team yellow but both me and DH thought we saw something between the legs! Those with boys, was it mega obvious at the scan? I didn't see a potty shot as we'd said we didn't want to know but there was one bit when the baby was facing towards us, we could see the arms and legs waving around but it definitely looked like something was dangling between the legs!

Unfortunately my placenta is low, it's near the cervix and also covering my section scar so I need a rescan at 34 weeks to determine whether I'll have to have a repeat section or not.

Yep, my boy's penis was mega obvious even before she went to check. I was sure I saw something while she was checking other parts and I was right. He's definitely a boy.
Glad to hear your baby is doing well and hope the placenta doesn't pose a problem for you. At least you'll get another peak at the baby.

With both my boys I could see it was a boy before the sonographer confirmed it. I think it is usually obvious! Sometimes it can be the umbilical cord, in fact when I had my gender scan this time she double checked it from another angle to make sure.

Jjay, Congrats on a healthy scan, can I ask you if you know how close your placenta is to your cervix? If you have been following this thread recently you will know I've had a few issues with mine. Mine was 15mm away at my 20 week scan and although it's posterior and needs to be 30mm away they are happy it will move and are not rescanning me even though I have been bleeding on and off since 6 weeks. Infact I have spotted everyday since Fri, and passed 3 clots and its driving me mental!

With both my boys I could see it was a boy before the sonographer confirmed it. I think it is usually obvious! Sometimes it can be the umbilical cord, in fact when I had my gender scan this time she double checked it from another angle to make sure.

Jjay, Congrats on a healthy scan, can I ask you if you know how close your placenta is to your cervix? If you have been following this thread recently you will know I've had a few issues with mine. Mine was 15mm away at my 20 week scan and although it's posterior and needs to be 30mm away they are happy it will move and are not rescanning me even though I have been bleeding on and off since 6 weeks. Infact I have spotted everyday since Fri, and passed 3 clots and its driving me mental!

I called my OB and asked about the placenta. She said 2cm and above is fine, and that some time during the next 10 weeks it should move up and away, and as long as it's 2 cm I dont need to worry. Unless of course I start to bleed. I would def talk to your MW about the bleeding and concerns about your placenta.

Thanks Bumpity, I'm amazed they're not rescanning you with the bleeding and clots, it must be worrying :(. They didn't tell me how far away from the cervix it is, the notes say it is anterior and incompetent. The sonographer said it would be classed as mild previa. It is low but not actually covering the cervix. It is completely covering my section scar. I saw the consultant afterwards who said they will rescan at 34 weeks and hopefully it will have moved clear if the cervix and scar. If its still covering my scar I will need to have an MRI scan to check blood flow to the placenta as there is a risk of haemorrhaging during the birth. Fingers crossed it will move!

Anyway, nothing I can do about that and I'm pleased baby is healthy. I reckon it is probably a boy as the scan was crystal clear, I could see all fingers and toes and what looked very much like a scrotum waving about between the legs!

Hi Bumpity sorry to read what u r going through, scarey times. Stay strong good luck. St least u can t find your scales still then you can t worry about weight gain :)
Jjay good news on the scan , I m on Friday .
Hi Ninja mum sounds like you are going to have your hand full 2 close in age .
Goodnight

Hi and welcome to Waitingmids and Ninjamum! Lovely to have new faces!
All good here. Managed not to take any sickness medication this morning and so far so good! So excited that it could be the end of the evil MS! Can you believe it...someone asked me how many weeks I was yesterday and I couldn't remember if it was 22 or 23! Still not sure. Will have to look at my ticker thing!
No one is really touching my bump apart from my kids who love to feel the kicking and of course DH and one mum at school who love to stroke it. It doesn't bother me at all if people ask and I find it quite nice that people are interested but certainly no strangers from behind!
Am still in the middle of building works.....12 weeks on and I have half a kitchen! Excited to finally have an oven and the work surfaces arrive on Monday after about a 4 week wait. Hopefully all will be just right before Roo makes an appearance!
Hope you are all smiling!
C

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"