February 2013 babies

Hi Loompy, I wondered how you were. Can't believe you still feel sick! We're you like this with the others? I feel for you. I'm so glad I'm past the worst of it. This has definitely been the worst pregnancy for me, don't think I could cope if I was still being really sick. Good luck with the kitchen, will be sooo worth it in the end I'm sure. We are still surrounded by boxes, am losing interest in unpacking now as its becoming boring! Trying to do a little every day. Anyone else excited by Christmas yet? Can't believe I bought my first Xmas item yesterday, but figured I need to do it while I can get around easily.

Hi ladies. Hope everyone is doing ok?

I cannot believe how fast Christmas is approaching ..... And how soon bday will be after that. These months are flying!!! Not sure if felt a few little movements. X

Welcome waitingmidsand ninjamum. Hope everybody else is ok?

We are having another scan because didn't get a pic at 20 week but still want to stay yellow. Will have to be careful where we look!! Xxxx

I don't know how you women who get MS do it.
Christmas!! Good heavens. It's way to early to think about that. I've got Halloween on my mind, then Thanksgiving, and then and only then will I start to think about Christmas.

This is my fourth pregnancy with hyperemesis, which is severe MS that can lead to hospitalisation. I have been lucky as I have only been admitted to hospital once with three of my pregnancies and the MS has been largely treatable with drugs. I have spoken to ladies who have been so I'll that they have lost babies. I feel really lucky that I have been able to manage mine. I have managed the whole day without my tablet so I am hoping that will carrying on!
Bumpity, I know what you mean about boxes. I have so many to unpack and really can't be bothered. I find it so tiring too. I keep having to sit down and have a cupof tea with the builder!
How is everyone else feeling? I feel,very heavy and have put on about a stone! My legs ache too, a bit like I have been rid g a horse sometimes.
Right, early night as usual!
Keep smiling!
C

If I'd had hyperemesis, I'd have fixed my OH myself :rofl: I guess I just don't like kids enough to want to suffer like that.

I'm definitely starting to feel the weight of my bump. By the end of the day my stomach muscles are starting to get sore and tired.

I don't know how you women who get MS do it.
Christmas!! Good heavens. It's way to early to think about that. I've got Halloween on my mind, then Thanksgiving, and then and only then will I start to think about Christmas.

We don't celebrate Halloween in the same way as you do, although it has been gradually picking up over the last few years. TBH I'm pretending it's not happening as it also the date of my 40th :cry:.

I want Xmas to approach really fast because baby won't be far behind :happydance:

Good luck at scan Lindy. Boys can be very obvious so make sure your not looking when they are around that region,lol! Hope you get the pics you want this time.

Seity, can you change mine to the 14th while your there, thanks!

Loompy, that's jammy, you've gained a whole week ahead! You'll be the first to be due!

Changes made. I fully expect this LO to show up on Jan 30th. It's the 4th day after the full moon, which is the moon phase when my first son was born and my husband.

Thanks bumpity I have warned them we don't want to know so fx they will keep away from around there :) Halloween is getting bigger over here but I must admit I do like the old fashioned bob apple and duck apple stuff more than trick or treat. It's relentless here with people knocking at the door. Xxx

Hello Ladies!! I'm somewhat new here. Did a couple of posts but.... So I found out last month (Sept 14) that I'm pg with child #3. I had a baby in Dec '11 and we have an 8yr old as well (both girls so far).
On Sept 17 I had an u/s & was told that I was about 18 weeks at that point (no, if you can believe it, I had NO IDEA I was pregnant due to several reasons - mainly no signs/symptoms other than missed pd but chalked that up to other reasons....can't even remember exactly when my last pd was....May something).

On Sept 26 I had my second u/s (the first showed concern that the fluid level was low but 2nd confirmed it was fine) and they now say I'm about 16 weeks and pegged due date for Feb 20/13. Too soon to find out the gender & don't go back to OB until Oct 17.

I'm concerned because of my age and having type II diabetes. Also, both u/s they scanned above my bellybutton. Isn't 16 wks still below the belly button? I can't remember. LOL

Anyway........that's my little story. :wacko:

In scanning they do have to scan above the belly button at some point for angle and view...like looking down into your uterus. There must have been something they wanted to see and weren't seeing from the lower ab view. Its sending those littl sound waves at a differennt angle to see a different view.

Oh, and welcome to both new ladies!!

Morning ladies early start for me today we r off to the airport going on a baby moon cruise of med with royal caribean very excited. Yesterday was 20 scan it's a boy already have 3 step sons so a little disappointed but the positive is he ll never be short of playmates :).
They scanned for ages then got another lady in to look , kept saying they couldn t see clear turns out they want us back in after hol for another scan slight chance baby might have VSD ( hole in heart ) they told us to relax not worry as only slight chance and they often fix them selves .Read up on it last night and that's what most articles say so we r keeping calm.

Hi Waitingmids, congrats on a boy! Enjoy your hols, we too are going to try to get away in half term as a pre baby break! You must be a little anxious about the scan but I'm sure he's going to be fine from what you said. Have a fab time, hope the weathers better than here :)

Congrats on a boy waitingmids! Enjoy your holiday and I've also heard that vsd almost always resolves itself. A vacation sounds nice, but we'd have to take our son along, so it wouldn't be much of a break. :haha:
My scan was at 21 weeks ninjamum and I had to remove my belly ring for it because they were all over the place with their probe. Sometimes high, sometimes extremely low. It's all about trying to get a good angle on whatever part of the baby they're trying to see.

Waiting- congratulations on a little blue one!!! Enjoy your cruise.

Hi everyone!

Loompy, I'm feeling big and heavy now too. I've gained a stone and a half and have a huge bump. Goodness knows what ill be like by the end!

Lindy maybe try not to look too much at the scan! We are team yellow and had our scan on Wednesday. We said we didn't want to know and didn't see any close ups of that area however after only a few glimpses at the screen ill be amazed if we have a girl! Both DH and I came out of the scan saying we'd seen something between the legs. I'm not sure how I feel about things now as I'm pretty sure were having a boy but not completely 100%

Oh jjay so you are still in limbo!!! Problem with my scan- I mentioned to dh that his mum might like to come and my mum so can keep them both involved, noody feels pushed out etc. anyway, his mum is absolutely thrilled to be invited but then dropped a bombshell.....
his dad wants to come!!!! I didn't even consider his dad because he wouldn't be at the birth of his own children and is very victorian saying its "women's business". So now I cannot say no but will feel so self conscious. I would have been fine with our mums and thought it would be cool. My dh said straight away he would tell him he couldn't come but I just have not got te heart to say that. So as well as worrying about seeing " boy or girl bits" now
I'm feeling a bit weird his dad being there!!!! I seriously am my own worse enemy. Try ad do a a goo thing eh!!! To top it all just got a
Magazine with free book with it that basically tells you that after birth you can have black eyes, horrific tears and unable to poop or pee without wishing you were dead, don't even try and sit down and your boobs swell so you cannot put your arms by your sides and after reading that I have flung the book at the bathroom bin and not even ventured to the birth bit- think I'd be demanding a section (although there is a section about that so I will robably just keep my legs crossed for the rest of my life)!!!!!!

Lindy, is there a limit on the number of people you can have at the scan? I think most places will only allow 2 so might be worth checking. Even if they say its ok, could you use that as an excuse?

Don't worry about after the birth, most people need to recover in the early days but your little bundle will take your mind off it, that stage passes quickly and you will forget...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->