February 2013 babies

I've been getting cramps too but I think that's just bump growing. To me the BH feel like a pressure or tightening below my tummy button that lasts a few seconds. Not painful at all so nothing like a contraction ;)

A bit like the feeling you get when you have your blood pressure taken but in your bump instead of arm.

I hav been getting quite a few Braxton Hicks. An always get them really early. They are quite uncomfortable but only last a few seconds.
I feel like a big fat whale although people keep commenting on how neat I am. A mum in my son's class is due I. 4 weeks and is the same size as me! She is tiny weeny to start with though!
Not had the insomnia yet but I know it will come.
Bumpity, I can sympathise with the evil heartburn. Apparently milky products Re not so good and almonds are great. I ate them non stop at the beginning....when I could eat and they kept it under control. I now take Zantac before bed or I feel like I am going to burn from the inside out!
V pillows are great and I can holy recommend them.
Hope we are all well. I am still in the middle of a building site.......
Keep smiling ladies!
C

i just had a check up and told the doctor I had some BH. She said might be early but I feel wierd tightening around the belly. She said sometimes when baby kicks the uterus cause muscle to contract. That made me feel like I was feeling the baby more than I thought and that seemed good.

My placenta is anterior ( front) so less feeling of movements. I Was watching a TLC show , A Baby Story and the infamous, " I didn't know I was pregnant" show. That show depicted a lady who was pregnant and the baby broke her ribs from kicking. I was scared. I am kind of short waisted and that sounded painful. Must be an anomaly. Anyway, she didn't think she was pregnant the second time because she didn't feel much and sans the broken ribs. I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry. Please dont' let that be me.

I don't think I've ever felt a BH. Never noticed any with my first son either.
I'm wearing my regular, non maternity, jeans today. It's supposed to be cold today and they're a little warmer. Since they're low rise, I have no problem still fitting into them.
A coworker came by the office yesterday with his wife and new baby girl. It's easy to forget how little these baby things are when they start out.

Well don't think my cramps are BH, just stretching probably! Sometiemes bump does feel very hard. My pre preg jeans won't go near now. I can still hide my bump though so nobody really notices.
Will keep the almond thing in mind for heart burn as I hate milky stuff.

Have a great weekend ladies- we have friends with 3 moody teenagers arriving later today. Stress free weekend eh?!

Hi ladies , back home now from the cruise. I don't think it BH but especially if I d walked a bit I feel a bit like groin strain pains ? . Waking most nights about 4am needing to move. Def. look pregnant now just grown overnight , hate it when total strangers comment like" so have u just got a few weeks left then ." ?
Ankles and feet puffed up quiet a bit , I gave in and bought some granny flight pressure socks soooo comfy might wear them to work :).

Hi everyone, I'm due on Feb 20 with our first child and I turned 36 this summer. So far so good with the pregnancy :o)

Hi and welcome U2addict! Glad all going well with pg!
Waiting,ids, tell us about the cruise!
All ok here apart from other half in hospital. He is severely allergic to dust and ended up in resus with breathing difficulties yesterday. Doesn't help that our house is a building site still and doesn't look like it will get better for a good few weeks so he will have to be relegated got the mother in laws. I was also sick this morning for the first time in weeks. I think it is because yesterday was a bit stressful and I am really tired this morning! Stay away evil sickness, you are not welcome here!
Hope everyone else is doing well.
C

I also noticed that I am starting to swell. If I eat any kind of salt after 5 pm. My feet just puff up.

I went to a baby expo trade show today and walked around for a few hours in my cool wedge heels. I hope you are laughing because as soon as I got home I plopped on the couch and couldn't move. AT 5'2" I need all the help I can get.

I found myself answering to people but felt the need to say I am 6 months pregnant. I could see that some are thinking I am already due next month but i still have 3 full months to go... arggh. A month ago I could still kinda hide it but now I look huge. Not helped by my shortwaist ,kinda has nowhere to go but out.

Showed my husband a picture of other 23 weeks bellies on google and he says mine is bigger and pointed. He was not helpful my ten year old says I wasn't as big as the picture. Turns out that lady was having twins...

Welcome U2 addict.hi loomylooloo cruise was great ate too much , put on 7lds in a week, saw some amazing places ,over did it walking round Cannes and Pompeii.3 sisters, we sound very similar , I never thought about the salt issue, and I am enjoying salted crisps . Flat sensible shoes from now on :(.
I have another scan tomorrow , as they couldn t get a clear look at the heart last time thought he might have a VSD ( hole in heart) fingers crossed it was just a shadow .

Welcome U2 addict.hi loomylooloo cruise was great ate too much , put on 7lds in a week, saw some amazing places ,over did it walking round Cannes and Pompeii.3 sisters, we sound very similar , I never thought about the salt issue, and I am enjoying salted crisps . Flat sensible shoes from now on :(.
I have another scan tomorrow , as they couldn t get a clear look at the heart last time thought he might have a VSD ( hole in heart) fingers crossed it was just a shadow .

Let us know how scan goes. My son had a VSD or was it an ASD.....he also had a lot of other life threatening complications too so I have my fingers and toes crossed that you just have a pesky shadow!

Welcome u2addict! I had my first at 36. Perfect age for a first baby ;)
waitingmids - Good luck with your scan. Hope it turns out to just be a shadow.
3sisters - Bumps come in all different sizes. Almost everyone has a bigger bump than I do and I'm bigger this time around. Ah well.

We finally decided on a name for Evil Weeble #2. He's going to be Samuel Vincent.

Hi ladies,
Good luck tomorrow Waitingmids, let us know how you get on. Glad you enjoyed the cruise, I loved Pompei when I went. You didn't try and tackle Vesuvius while you were there?lol! I climbed it when not pregnant and it nearly done me in!
Welcome U2addict!
Loompy, I hope your DH feels better soon, not what you need right now! Is your kitchen going to be finished by Xmas? I've also been feeling sick again for last 10 days, thought it was a bug a first but think its the dreaded MS rearing it's head again, it's mild though so can manage it. Never had MS last so long :(.
Finally found the scales in a box! Have put on 5lbs! Have to take into account I lost 7lbs in the first tri due to MS so really it's about 12lbs which I guess is about right? I look huge though and it's definitely all bump, so I sympathise 3sisters.
Like the name Seity! I think Samuel goes really well with Gabrielle too.
I feel like I'm quite disorganized with this baby, I have quite a lot of stuff from my DS but still need quite a lot of essentials and I haven't bought anything. Am I the only one?

Welcome U2

Good luck tomorrow waitingmids- glad you had a good hols.

Seity- Samuel is such a sweet name. really like it when called Sam as well.

Bumpity- you are doin well with the weight gain. I was steady at 12 lb but have put 4 on in the past 2 weeks and belly has popped out!! I need to make a list of things I need to get done. I'm just so manic with work at the weekend and got things planned most weekends till the end of November. I don't think I will manage everything because I'm gettin so tired. Don't know how I would cope with a little one to look after!!

I'm up 16.5lbs according to the scales this morning and I think that's low. :haha: Of course I'm trying to gain at least 35 by the end.
Bumpity - We really haven't bought anything. We had nothing when Gabriel was born, so I'm not worried about it. Plenty of time left to get what we need. They don't really need much of anything anyway. I probably won't start getting things until January. :haha:
I also like the nickname Sam (I admit Samantha has always been a favorite girls name of mine using the same nickname too)

Bumpity, am hoping house will be done by mid November. Kitchen almost done but we had an extension too and it feels like it has been going on forever! Hope the MS goes away. I am hoping mine was a tiredness blip as I can't deal with that again. Will have to weigh myself as I have no idea what I have put on but I do know I have a ridiculous bump!
Husband now out of hospital with his dramatic lungs as the Dr referred to them. He is at his mother's house as he can't come here at all with the dust.
I have managed to get 3 little monsters to bed nice and early and am going to tackle some more tidying while I have some energy!
I have bought a pram on EBay that should arrive tomorrow or weds, just a secondhand one and friends have given me a Moses basket, a corned and all sorts of bits and bobs so for once, I am pretty organised. Makes a change for me!
Seity....adore the name!

Saw mw today and all good :) heart beat going good and strong at about 135-140 she thinks. Asked about the intercatheral injections- she said has heard of them and used in the US but over here they are just used in palliative care and some chronic conditions. Se doesn't know why not used here thinks it has not been approved by NICE as epidurals available and has and air- as she said probably a study undertaken by men into women's pain relief ha ha. X

Haha, yes I guess it would be a man deciding whether we could use a certain pain relief. They really have no idea!
Seity I wish I could be as laid back as you regarding organisation. For me though I know that by 35 weeks with my son I could barely walk! considering this is another boy and if his head is as big as his brothers I am facing the same situation :(. My DH has a big head so i blame him,lol! I really need everything done by Xmas so once Newyear arrives and Im 34 weeks I can spend the remaining weeks parked on my sofa! Probably eating left over Xmas goodies no doubt :).
Apart from the slight nausea I'm feeling really well and have quite alot of energy so im going to make the most of it while it lasts. I hope everyone else is feeling good too :) x

Second scan didn t go well , it's def. a VSD nothing else showing on scan but even thou I got low risk at blood test they think we should do an amino , so in tomorrow then a few days off work ( not easy to arrange after a week off, I m the boss thankfully but still had to call in a few favours) .any 1 else had an amino ?
It raises all those horrible conversation u have to have about what would we do if ???
So a bit scared but couldn t do nothing ,we both agreed its best to know .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->