February 2013 babies

Interesting and not sure if I will try it. Just the sort of thing I would forget in the freezer and someone would discover and think was a choc ice! :dohh:

Bumpity, glad your appointment went well :)

Loompy, sounds like you're odds on favourite to be first! Anytime now...

3sisters congratulations on a good scan!

Lindy, any news on your mat leave? A back to back baby can often turn during labour, the important thing is to keep as mobile as possible and don't let them break your waters if baby is still in the wrong position.

My SILs sister had her baby today. She was due 9th February but her waters broke this morning. Brings home how close we all are! I have no signs yet apart from a lot of braxton hicks and cramping but normal for last few weeks. I'm finding it harder work than I thought getting the house packed up. We seem to have so much stuff!

Thinking more about trying natural again now but may book a section for week 41-42 and just see what happens if i go into labour before that...

J x

Thanks bumpity. Rang mw after tying hot/cold drinks and nothing. She said have a load if sweet stuff. I did and hit a few nudges so she has said just keep an eye on things. I'm not sure about signs - I am going the toilet tons more and feel heavy underneath when I walk. Noticing those BH more as well.

Loompy- great news LO is engaged. Cannot imagine frozen pads doing much other than being sooooo uncomfortable!!

Thanks Jjay- friend has said he will cover from march. He hasn't signed contract or anything yet but having him say that makes me feel so much better. Just want to try and relax over work and be able to enjoy all the baby stuff. Work is/ has just been hanging over me. We have a bit of snow yey!!!!

Loompy 4/5th is right down there!

I swear the last two days I could feel Samuel trying to burrow his way a little farther out. I'm quite content for him to stay put at least another 1.5 weeks or more. I'm enjoying my sleep and don't want to give it up just yet.

Sounds like things are moving along for you too Seity! What week was Gabriel born?

Pleased your maternity is sorted Lindy, that must be a weight off your mind! I have started feeling a little stressed and like everything has to be sorted now! It's keeping me awake at night. Must be nesting.

Gabriel was born at 38+3. I've thought all along that Samuel would come before his due date as well, but I'm kind of hoping he takes his time. 39 weeks would be plenty early.
I'm thinking of taking Gabriel ice skating tomorrow night. They're having a $2 family skate at the local rink, so I won't mind so much that he'll be done about 10 min after I get his skates on.

Wow so if he follows in his brothers footsteps then only a week and a half to go! I'm quite happy for baby to stay put for a while too - at least until after the move. Last time I got to 37 weeks and wanted the baby out, this time I know what hard work it is once they're out!

Take care if you go on the ice, I wouldn't dare xx

FYI - Peggy O had her baby girl, Lily, the other day. C-sect due to pre-e. Both are recovering and her girl is doing well.

As uncomfortable as it seems there is a part of me that doesn't want to rush it. I know I won't be doing this again. It's just so exciting and anxious to await the anticipation for babys arrival. I am thinking about it quite often and looking for signs. Since it's been almost 11 years for me I am worried that my body wont' remember what to do.. Silly but I know it can happen.

Technically 3 weeks to due date but I didn't think I would make it. Who knows.

As uncomfortable as it seems there is a part of me that doesn't want to rush it. I know I won't be doing this again. It's just so exciting and anxious to await the anticipation for babys arrival. I am thinking about it quite often and looking for signs. Since it's been almost 11 years for me I am worried that my body wont' remember what to do.. Silly but I know it can happen.

Technically 3 weeks to due date but I didn't think I would make it. Who knows.

It IS kind of sad to wish the weeks away, knowing this LO will be the last. I never knew for sure before, but this is definitely the end of the road for us. I am still not ready for her to come, so much to do and too tired to do it. I wake up and can't go back to sleep. The other night I woke up just after midnight with only 3 hours sleep behnd me, no matter how hard I tried I could not get back to sleep until almost 10 PM the following night. It does not help that I have just started full force with a cold. I wanted tto ask DH to take me to the hospital and have them euthanize me, that's how dreadful I felt, but then I fell asleep and felt so much better yesterday (despite the cold).

I dropped the online class I was going to take at school. I spent part of the time I was awake in the silence the other night going over the course syllabus I had printed up. I had LOTS of time to think about it, and it would take me another 10 years to get through my schooling and get my BS degree to MAYBE get a job in the field. It is NOT practical, since I want something relatively soon. Unfortunately I was so muddled in the head I didn't make an immediate decision, and now all theother options I had are filled up. My brain is just so slack these das, maybe it is a blessing the classes are all full!

PP- do you mean for you and dh or last baby? Hope you are ok. I can feel your exhaustion. Sending you hugs. Xxxx

PP- do you mean for you and dh or last baby? Hope you are ok. I can feel your exhaustion. Sending you hugs. Xxxx

oh, lol, no! end of road baby-wise :haha: we got DH the old snipper-roo :happydance: so I don't have to worry about being pregnant again at my age :wacko: This 42 and pregnant thing is so tiring! DH is 48, and he's worried about being around to walk this one down the aisle!

Went to see my OB and she did my GBS test/swab. She thinks I'll go early (I on the other hand am reluctant to hope on such a thing, despite all my efforts to make my cervix more responsive to labor). She did a cervical check while I was there because she was curious, and while I am not dilated- as if I should expect it at only 36 +1- I am very effaced :happydance: she said "you're super, super thinned out, I could barely feel a finger tip of cervix". I don't know how "thinned out" that really makes me, but it's better news than I've EVER gotten even at 39 weeks! She also said baby's head was really really low...but just the other day she was laing transverse so I'm not going to take that as a sign she's preparing to come soon! :shrug:

So glad pp- it worried me before!!! Good news at your appt. LO is getting ready to make an appearance :)

I woke up to a few really hard contractions. I thought maybe it was gas but it didnt' even make me want to move to the bathroom. Then I just had regular bh contractions today. So maybe there is some activity going on.

I went into full nest mode today and did make some markable dents in my organizing.
My OB is gone this weekend and it's a three day one so.. Probably better to hold on a while. I bet I am dilating some and effacing but of course this could stay that way for weeks. Who knows....

I need a project to stop thinking about it so much ! It's the end of the road only I don't know exactly when the end will be.... Just pray that I go into labor on my own , easily and don't have to have a c-section. But overall just praying that the baby and I will be healthy ! Best wishes to all of us this weekend.

We're all starting to get close now. Even my husband is realizing it. He told me I should pack my bag this weekend, so it's ready to grab and go. He even plans to make a few freezer casseroles on Monday for after the baby is here.
Ice skating was good. I felt so great afterwards. I didn't get to skate much because Evil weeble #1 was done after about 10 minutes, so we just took turns watching him in the lobby while the other did a few laps of the rink.

3sisters sounds like certain activity there :) hopefully you won't get to csection.

Seity- you are brave ice skating! I'm unsteady enough without a 2stone bump :)

Feel really tired today. I was restless all night. Could not get comfy. Needed the bathroom and my hands were burning and itchy to the point I wanted to rip the skin off them. Contacted mw who said keep an eye on it but if it spreads to legs/bump they will do some bloods.

Lindy how's the itching? It must be unbearable to feel that itchy. :hugs: Definitely get your bloods done if it carries on.
Had a cry yesterday as I'm sooo uncomfortable :( . Can't imagine how im gonna feel in 4 weeks:(. Baby is so high up he's touching my sternum. My ribs are killing me. I feel like I'm going to burst. I have been having quite strong BH today, they actually take my breathe away. Taking it as a positive my body is getting ready for the real thing :) although I would be more than surprised if I had him before 40 weeks as all my babies have been around my due date.

Have made the most of the snow. watching the kids playing in it is a joy. DH has been great, he's been sorting out dinner, doing the shopping etc. he says I'm much bigger than I was with the other 3 and he knows I'm struggling now.
Hope your having a good weekend ladies xx

The itching hasn't been too bad today. I'm just hoping it doesn't kick in again tonight. On the positive I've put that much hand cream on my hands are like silk :) Hopefully bump drops a bit soon bumpity and you get more comfortable. X

Bumpity, sounds so horrid. Not surprised you cried. I would have done too.
Lindylou....watch the itching. Could be that liver thingy although I got itchy the other week and I think it was just too many layers of clothing in the cold.
Seity.....skating?!?!?
I tried a curry last night but wouldn't venture to anything stronger than a Korma because I had a feeling it wasn't going to work and that I would just end up with heartburn and low and behold.....I am still here this morning. So tired as it made me so thirsty that is had to keep drinking water all night!
It is snowing here again so the whole world will come to a standstill.
Not long left now ......thank goodness!
C

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"