February 2013 babies

5 hours work left, then my mat leave starts. It's actually a short day for me because I've already put in some extra hours staying late to finish things up.
Hoping I can get things at least a little organized, so the whole place doesn't fall apart while I'm gone. I'm the IT person for the office and when I'm not there, they're basically stuck with remote support from one of the other offices. They managed ok last time, but we just got moved to a new email system and new phone system in the past month, so there's a lot of change their dealing with right now.
My first labor was totally out of the blue with no build up. So far, this is shaping up to be the same way.

I sort of packed a hosptal bag last night...loads of contractions yesterday/last night with a massive back ache. It feels like she's so low with the back of her head on my spine. Went to bed at 9:30 PM and didn't get up til 4:30 AM. Felt good to finally sleep. I'm achey as all heck today, and have an OB appt in just a few hours. Just when you think you can't possibly hang in there any longer, somehow you do. Can I really have 5 more weeks of this??:nope:

Saw mw this morning. She said all is good and looked shocked saying head is as engaged as an engaged head can be. Still thinking will be late but maybe not 2 weeks late. Xx

Hope you are all ok. We have soooo much snow here.

seity: BNB owls sounds good. Thank you from us low techies. Love the dino pix on FB..lol

PM: Your family is adorable and they look so happy.

I facebook video chatted with my daughter in college and she showed her the belly. She thought it was a alot lower. I am not sure. Sometimes I think yes then no. My others still floated up while I was being induced. Not until really active labor did they heavily engage. So hard to tell.

Less heavy contractions today. But I was real tired and didn't really want to go anywhere or deal with anything. I think I got rest last night- broken of course but got up a little earlier. Today I am officially 38 weeks.

Try not to think about it too much, which is hard in itself. But every little twitch kind of starts making me think about things. My new question is it gas or is it labor ? lol.

seity: BNB owls sounds good. Thank you from us low techies. Love the dino pix on FB..lol

PM: Your family is adorable and they look so happy.

I facebook video chatted with my daughter in college and she showed her the belly. She thought it was a alot lower. I am not sure. Sometimes I think yes then no. My others still floated up while I was being induced. Not until really active labor did they heavily engage. So hard to tell.

Less heavy contractions today. But I was real tired and didn't really want to go anywhere or deal with anything. I think I got rest last night- broken of course but got up a little earlier. Today I am officially 38 weeks.

Try not to think about it too much, which is hard in itself. But every little twitch kind of starts making me think about things. My new question is it gas or is it labor ? lol.

I know all about thinkng about it too much. I have to get on with doing the other stuff that needs doing around here and get my mind off of it. I still have 19 days til my due date, so why on Eart should I think it will be earlier (all my others were between 5 and 15 days late, usually closest to 15 days). I'm done looking for signs. I won't believe it til contractions are 3 minutes apart and I can no longer walk through them :growlmad: or if my water breaks :haha:
Doc said yesterday baby is so low (so low she had to push up on her head and reach behind it to get to my cervix-ouch!) but said head in not engaged?? So I guess that means she can still turn and spin? I know her head is low because she is resting on my spine and it feels like I'm carrying her between my thighs :haha:

Thanks for the compliment on my family...they are awesome <3

I created the FB group https://www.facebook.com/groups/389146714514327/
Called it '2013 BNB Owls' and added those who I'd friended already. Anyone in the group already has permission to add someone new.

I had so much that needed finishing up, that I worked an extra 1.5 hours (unpaid) yesterday just to get things to a point where I wouldn't feel like I left anything important up in the air. I've got my work laptop in case they need me to do anything remotely while I'm on leave.

PM - Samuel's head is like that when I give a feel. Down really low, but not engaged.
I hope you ladies getting on and off contractions don't have much longer to wait. I can't imagine what that's like for you.

I need to take my 38 week bump picture sometime today.

Nothing..absolutely nothing exciting today...sigh..

I did notice that during the day I got exceptionally out of breath when I took my daughter to the store.. Then later I am fine. Now that I am 38 weeks I feel like I went backwards with hardly any contractions. Now like last week when I had lots.

Tonight is the full moon. lol and Honolulu is expected to have severe rain and thunderstorms for the next 3-4 days. Should be fun. We've been issued a flash flood warning but it hasn't started raining yet. My house is usually safe from this but driving is going to suck. I guess I just always had it in my mind it would be late January. For the baby I mean..

Good luck this weekend girls...

excitement? I had some...DH and I put a bid in on a house yesterday (our first) and have been so excited and so absolutely beyond terrified that I only slept an hour last night. Today is going to be rough to get through! If it goes through I have to tell my dad he's out a tenant and can sell his half the house to his brother or they can sell the whole thing to someone else. While part of me knows he will be happy to be able to unload the house, I have been so worried he will be mad at me because he's away in Florida til late spring and this could all go through by Last week of February first week of March!! :happydance: :wacko: :dohh: :nope: :happydance:

So far this is a secret to everyone outside our immediate family because of the family ties involved in this house. DS (6) was so good not mentioning that we went to an open house just before meeting with my mom and aunt for breakfast. I told my mom, but my aunt is married to my dad's brother (mentioned above) who would inevitably tell my dad before it's time (Dad would raise the rent AGAIN if he found out we were trying AGAIN to buy a house)

How exciting PM! I remember how nervous I was when I bought my first house. It was a good house for me as a single lady, but now with a husband and baby #2 about to show, it's already too small. We're looking at about 1 year time frame for moving to something bigger.

No, I am still here and no news.......
I totally know what you mean about going backwards. Had so many BH before and hardly any now. Roo just keeps head butting my undercarriage which is really sore and can make make shout out in pain. Got a touch of sciatica too when Roo sits in a weird place and that makes my leg go from under me! I sound like such a moaner! Just so excitied about things happening!
Got the MW on Thursday so will ask for another sweep.....he fully won't make it until then!

Pm good luck with the house....so exciting!
Seity.....thanks for setting up FB group. Shame Bumpity not on there too :(

No, I am still here and no news.......
I totally know what you mean about going backwards. Had so many BH before and hardly any now. Roo just keeps head butting my undercarriage which is really sore and can make make shout out in pain. Got a touch of sciatica too when Roo sits in a weird place and that makes my leg go from under me! I sound like such a moaner! Just so excitied about things happening!
Got the MW on Thursday so will ask for another sweep.....he fully won't make it until then!

Pm good luck with the house....so exciting!
Seity.....thanks for setting up FB group. Shame Bumpity not on there too :(

OMG I just noticed you only hae 3 days to go :) Hopefully...

I have a friend who's 39 weeks today and getting induced tomorrow. That's exciting.

Congratulations on the new house PM!

No news here, not even many BH today.

Hello ladies, it's been exciting on here lately, lots going on and your all getting so close. I feel like I've still got ages to go (36 weeks tomorrow!) but having said that I do have a feeling at times that this little bump will make an early appearance!

Apologies for not being about much for a while. As well as loads of stuff going on at home and still working (& bringing work home!) I've been going through some really anxious phases. When I get like this I tend to retreat into myself and shut off from everything. Not great way to cope admittedly but I feel like I've turned a bit of a corner today. We've finished decorating baby's room this weekend (yay!) and DH has been out today picking up the new cot and some bits and pieces.

Only 3.5 days left to work and I can't wait till Thursday lunchtime when I finish. It will be such a relief, but like you Seity, I want to leave it all in a state where everything can be found and will tick over till I return. Easier said than done though!

Been getting the occasional BH, nothing to dramatic or long lasting at the moment. My main gripe at the moment is the bathroom 'issues' (as PM described them) I'm having on a regular basis. At least 3/4 times per week my body decides to have a clear out! Every time it happens I keep thinking ' holy smoke, is this it?' It's exhausting!! For some reason, even though this is baby no2, I'm really nervous about going through it again. I don't feel like I'll cope and I'm worried about how Euan will react to a new baby

Arrrrggggghhhhh!!!!! I need someone to give me a slap Lol!!

Oh yeah, I'm up for the Facebook thingy. Need to sort out a link to me, will do that tomorrow.

Hi Ladies,

Woohoo for all you starting maternity leave!
Congrats on the house PM :)
Lindy congrats on being fully engaged, I'm jealous, lol!

After a few quiet days of no BH I've been having them very regular today. They have been as close as every 2 mins! Have felt quite crampy too today but have been on my feet all morning so am putting it all down to that. Don't feel any pressure down there though so not sure he's ready anyway. I have my 38 week MW appointment tomorrow and hope she tells me he's at least a little down instead of being 'free'. Have been getting what I can only describe as a stabbing type feeling down the front on my undercarriage! Very weird and uncomfortable.
Hope everyone's having a good day :) x

My belly button is starting to pop. Hoping it will hang in!!

I see the MW later today. It doesn't feel like a Monday being home. It's just feels weird to be home.
I think I might have had some painless BH's last night. It felt like there was some pressure pushing Samuel's head down a few times.

Back from MW. BP up a little, but not enough to cause any concern 118/84. No change to weight. Belly measuring 35 weeks, so Samuel must have dropped some. HR 130 and then he started moving and so it went up. She said that I was having a contraction when she was going to make a weight guess. So, when my belly goes hard at times, that's a BH. I thought it might be. Anyway, waited it out and she's guessing he's around 6lb right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->