February 2013 babies

Yay Loompy !!

No baby for me ,, yet ! Contractions yesterday and then not alot today... I tried watching the "One born every minute" show and was fascinated and then no baby shows. I think it makes me just think about birth more. Although at one point I was feeling really sorry for some of the moms and then it dawned on me that will be me at one point.

The woman who was a type A and wanted no drugs was the funniest and wimpiest on the show. lol... Ends up getting the epidural and still cries over the burning. Felt sorry for her but saw first hand how annoying it is to try to control labor.. Can't, it is a rollercoaster. I think the control actually was making it harder on her.

Good luck to us,,, and loompy.

Congrats Loompy! Welcome Caitlin!

Just a quicky to say that baby Caitlin Lorna born at 23.03 weighing 7lb 3oz after 2 1/2 hours of established labour. Will post more tomorrow.......having a celebratory glass of wine!good luck ladies!

Yay! I was sooooo wrong about the gender! Have a glass of wine for me ;) I hope my labour is as quick. Big congrats to you and your family.

Can't sleep, cold has me bunged up, baby feels like he's trying to get out, heartburn driving me mad. Arrrrggghhhh......

Huge congratulations!!! What a beautiful name :) enjoy your well deserved wine xx

Congratulations loompy. Hope you are both well. So quick- praying we all have quick labors xx

Lots of painless BH this week, but they're definitely strong and having the baby's head push down on my cervix. Wondering if something will happen this weekend. OH works Sunday and it's the kind of job that once started can't be left. Just the sort of situation that makes a baby think, "Gee, now would be a really inconvenient time to show up. Let's do it!" He only works at most one day a week, so it's not like he's usually away.

Lots of painless BH this week, but they're definitely strong and having the baby's head push down on my cervix. Wondering if something will happen this weekend. OH works Sunday and it's the kind of job that once started can't be left. Just the sort of situation that makes a baby think, "Gee, now would be a really inconvenient time to show up. Let's do it!" He only works at most one day a week, so it's not like he's usually away.

yeah it's usually after a killer day when I'm exhausted, or when I haven't slept in forever...

Up last night with hard contractions and BH then went back to bed and nothing. I thought for sure something would happen.....Nope. Maybe this weekend.

Since losing plug on Wednesday I've had a combination of BH's and some episodes of what feel like mild contractions?! After these episodes I lose more plug so I'm presuming they are doing something. Never had a build up like this but I've heard this could mean a shorter labour when it does happen. My shortest active labour has been 8 hours so we shall see.......

Lindy, did you have a sweep in the end? If I'm offered one at my 40 week check, if I'm still here I'm definitely going for it :) worked for me last time and worked for Loompy!

Hope everyone is well x

Sounds like a couple of you are gearing up for labor. 39 weeks today! :happydance:

Didn't go for sweep. Seeing mw on Wednesday and said she will then if I want. Will see how I feel but doubt I will. Bed. Getting strong BH today. High up on bump.

Hi Lindy, I noticed you have 2 different tickers. Is your due date tomorrow?

Am really desperate to have a cuddle with my boy now, can't wait to hold him. Feeling quite emotional about it now. Due in 11 days and it seems like its never going to happen......

It took me that long to set up my ticker I couldn't be bothered changing it after my dating scan! They actually said due date 4th feb which is dh birthday! By my dates due date would be 6th so close enough!

Bumpity- try and enjoy keeping baby warm for the last few days. I feel quite sad that soon I will be sharing the baby with the world because at the moment it is just me and him/her together. I'm feeling my lo may be a boy at the moment.

Thanks Lindy, it's just seemed to be along road this pregnancy. When explaining to my 4 yr old how long it would be before the baby would be born I told him that baby wouldn't be ready until mummy's belly has got really, really big and when it was big enough I would go to the hospital to get him out. He's not mentioned it before but yesterday he turned to me and said ' are you going to get baby out now? It's been so long'. I thought blimey even he feels enough is enough, lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->