February 2013 babies

:blue::blue: Thanks ladies- birth was not straight forward to say the least- will put birth story on but don't read if nervous!! However I would do it all again in a heartbeat for him :blue::blue:

Some labors are definitely like that...I had some scary ones myself, but look at me about to deliver number 6! Glad it all turned out well for the both of you!

Aww Lundy that's not so good but you have a lovely little boy to make all the memories fade quickly.

Happy Due Date JJ, hope things start happening for you soon.

I've been getting fairly strong BH this morning and had low backache off and on for a few days now but nothing that lasts more than 20/30 mins. I still think this little girl is going to make an appearance before 40 weeks but not just now.

PM glad you're ok with that weather, even from this side of the pond it's been described as pretty scary!

Aww Lundy that's not so good but you have a lovely little boy to make all the memories fade quickly.

Happy Due Date JJ, hope things start happening for you soon.

I've been getting fairly strong BH this morning and had low backache off and on for a few days now but nothing that lasts more than 20/30 mins. I still think this little girl is going to make an appearance before 40 weeks but not just now.

PM glad you're ok with that weather, even from this side of the pond it's been described as pretty scary!

we got over 2 feet of snow, power outages, residents without heat...They didn't plow OUR street til the end of day 3 (yesterday afternoon), even though most of the surrounding streets were plowed. The next state over, which is maybe a mile or two away has their streets down to the pavement. My state kind of sucks like that. DS (6) goes to a private Christian school, and as of an hour and a half before he is scheduled to be in they have not cancelled schools even though absolutely no public school in our area has school. My car is still buried under snow and DH never bothered to clean it off for me...guess I should be able to do that myself, as well as all the housework so when someone comes to watch DS while I'm in labor they aren't dealing with filth. One of those days I'm destined to cry and feel sorry for myself I think. Snap out of it! Aaaaaack! Rant over, sorry :blush:

Congrats Lindy, so happy for you :) you've finally got your little family!
Sorry to hear it wasn't straight forward. TBH mine was a complete nightmare too , by far my worst labour and the reason I didn't want to do birth story yet was so you could get your labour out the way and not be scared by mine!! My DH has agreed to the snip as he never wants to see me go thru that again. I got you gender wrong too, haha! That must mean JJays having a boy and not a girl, lol!

Looking forward to hearing from the rest of you lovely ladies. X

:hugs: PM not very thoughtful of your DH.

Lulu, sounds like things are gearing up for you!

Lindy, sorry you had a rough time, I know how you feel as I had an awful time with Rosie and am expecting similar this time. I hope you're not too broken x

Just been to midwife for a sweep but she couldn't do it properly as cervix is still long and posterior :( she said head is still floating so looks like nothing's happening for me - maybe I'll be last man standing?!

:hugs: PM not very thoughtful of your DH.

Lulu, sounds like things are gearing up for you!

Lindy, sorry you had a rough time, I know how you feel as I had an awful time with Rosie and am expecting similar this time. I hope you're not too broken x

Just been to midwife for a sweep but she couldn't do it properly as cervix is still long and posterior :( she said head is still floating so looks like nothing's happening for me - maybe I'll be last man standing?!

fortunately I got an email from DS school about an hour before he was due to go in and school is cancelled! Woot! Taking care of stuff here in the mean time. Doing a little then sitting down to work on school work in between. Hugs JJ :hugs: I'll be where you are on Friday. I thought I'd have her early but am not counting on that anymore (never happened before, don't know why it should now :dohh:)

I have said I would do it all again and will have another. Will post birth story when we are all done having babies and start our old mums thread :)

I asked the midwives/ consultants about it being the same next time around and they said just because this was traumatic doesn't mean the next one won't be a breeze so hopefully all you ladies with traumatic previous ones get a plain sailing one next time!

I don't mind starting a new thread for us when our babies arrive if everybody wants it?? Any suggestions?

Also- embarrassing question but not sure if I have piles now!! Just been for my first poop and was very swollen at perineum bit but I have stitches as well. How can I tell if it is swelling or piles or do I need mw to look? ( dignity has well and truly left the building for me now!! )

Ps thanks for all the lovely congratulations and support you have all given throughout these 9 months Xxxx

Hey Lindy, I would get your midwife to check - they won't blink an eye! I know that piles are very common after birth so maybe that but it will take a good while to feel back to normal anyway due to swelling and stitches. I've heard from friends that after the first week it's a lot better. How are you enjoying motherhood?

A new thread would be great or maybe we could ask for this one to be moved and continue it on??

Still no news for me so will see what midwife says on Thursday. I can feel that baby is still back to back though. I was on a third tri thread for overdue babies and one lady on there had her baby die around 42 weeks :( so unthinkable and I really just want Pip here safe and well now. I'm starting to wish I'd booked the section for this Friday instead of next...

I've had piles since 2nd tri. They're pretty bad but don't hurt, just feel weird. Good luck for those still waiting. I hope we get some birth announcements soon.
I've had two of the easiest pregnancies and labors and never had a desire to do it again *shrug* Just not my thing, I guess.

I have no intentions of doing all this again :lol:!!!

Currently I'm sitting with my feet up on the couch, we had a reasonable amount of snow today so once DH got his work done this morning the lessons he was supposed to do this afternoon where cancelled (it's also half term here so most of his pupils are either away or too busy playing in the snow today!) we took Euan sledging this afternoon.

We didn't go far, probably only walked about a mile, but through snow, so a little bit more effort and I'm certainly paying for it now. Damn pelvis is painful, feel like I should walk round the house a bit but just don't have the energy but the more I sit the harder it is to stand up and move!

Lindy I've never had piles but when your midwife comes out to visit you and baby they will check your stitches to see how they are healing anyway so I would mention it then. Another 'new/old mums' thread would be fab too!

I got a bit of telling off from my midwife yesterday as I had slight keytones in my urine basically because I'd had a rotten morning with one thing and another and had hardly eaten or drank anything. This was one thing I remember getting a telling off from the hospital midwives when I had Euan so I'm trying to make sure that I eat little and often. But when I'm in pain (like in labour with Euan) eating was the last thing on my mind!

Lulu.....make sure you look after yourself and eat and drink! The MW told me that if you have ketones then your body might be too tired to go into labour! I am the master of ketones through sickness and I know how horrid it is. Even if you eat chocolate, that will make you feel a little better. Sorry about the pelvis too. It does feel so much better after LO arrives!

How are the rest of you all doing? How are the LO doing? Kitty is edible but a typically demanding young lady who likes to be cuddled, especially at night! Cn be a bit of a challenge getting sleep as we don't like the Moses basket much. I have resorted to a dummy which I have never done before as I am not so good but she is a really sucky baby. I took her to the cranial osteopath as she had such a quick birth and is windy and she said that dummies are good for wind and help bring it up but I have to get rid of it before she is 6 months old. She slept through the whole appt and loved being massaged and manipulated. She is going back for some more in 2 weeks.
The health visitor is supposed to be coming in a mo. always very wary of them as they often talk a lot of nonsense but we will see........
She had a hearing test yesterday and that went well. All these appts are keeping us very busy. Will post pic soon....can't do it from the iPad.
Keep smiling ladies......so excited about all the babies!
C

Due date (4:45 AM), and still here. Won't be much longer now, but fully expect to go overdates. Testing came back fine so LO loos happy in there. Found out she's posterior now so that ought to be a joy (had same problem with DS-funny presentation- which kept him from descending properly. Hoping she turns anterior-I'll be working on that today. I don't want to go way over due. DH is already anxious for me to be induced asap. He doesn't understand how much worse it will be for me :nope:

Due date (4:45 AM), and still here. Won't be much longer now, but fully expect to go overdates. Testing came back fine so LO loos happy in there. Found out she's posterior now so that ought to be a joy (had same problem with DS-funny presentation- which kept him from descending properly. Hoping she turns anterior-I'll be working on that today. I don't want to go way over due. DH is already anxious for me to be induced asap. He doesn't understand how much worse it will be for me :nope:

Hope you get to meet your little one soon & good luck with the labour and birth ( hope you can get bubs to turn... )

Kathy x

Hi everyone just typing this as I'm waiting to go into my midwifes appointment. I'm hoping she will try another sweep and that cervix is more favourable than last time. Had no niggles or signs and I can feel baby is still posterior.

PM good luck on getting baby turned, I hope you have more success than me.

Loompy, lovely to hear you're getting on well with LO, a dummy is worth it if it gets you some extra sleep! I'm jealous of all of you snuggled up with your babies, I'm ready for a cuddle now!

J x

Ps happy Valentines day everyone! I didn't make plans as I thought baby might be here by now but have picked up an m&s meal deal this morning so looking forward to that! It has runny eggs and lamb to be served pink but I'm figuring its too late to do any harm now! Might even try dtd to get things moving :)

Samuel is the dream baby that Gabriel wasn't. Thankfully he's the complete opposite of his brother and I'm beginning to see why some people like babies (at least the easy ones). I still like them better once they can walk and talk.
Gabriel was fussy, gassy, refluxy, woke every 1-2 hours for his entire first year of life, couldn't be put down and you had to be standing while holding him. Basically, he needed to constantly be in motion (He hasn't changed at all in that regard)
Samuel is very content. Feeds well, no digestive issues, goes right back to sleep. Sleeps 3-4 hours at a time. Will happily sit or sleep in your arms while you're sitting. It's easy to forget he's in the room.
My demanding toddler is a million times more work.
https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8523/8468286964_079a26a919_m.jpg

yay Seity :cloud9: that's good news and oh what a cutie you have there :). That must mean you're getting some sleep??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->