February 2013 babies

Yep, it's still no fun getting out from under the warm covers to feed and change him because the house is so cold, but at least it's not too often. I've even managed a few naps on the couch with him during the day when the older one will let me.

Hey ladies any more signs of LO arriving?

Thomas is feeding for Britain!! I feel like a milk machine. Someyimes he wants feeding for 2 hours!! He managed 2hours and 3houes between feeds last night but wouldn't sleep after 3rd feed. Early days so we are trying to get used to each other.

Samuel is the dream baby that Gabriel wasn't. Thankfully he's the complete opposite of his brother and I'm beginning to see why some people like babies (at least the easy ones). I still like them better once they can walk and talk.
Gabriel was fussy, gassy, refluxy, woke every 1-2 hours for his entire first year of life, couldn't be put down and you had to be standing while holding him. Basically, he needed to constantly be in motion (He hasn't changed at all in that regard)
Samuel is very content. Feeds well, no digestive issues, goes right back to sleep. Sleeps 3-4 hours at a time. Will happily sit or sleep in your arms while you're sitting. It's easy to forget he's in the room.
My demanding toddler is a million times more work.
https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8523/8468286964_079a26a919_m.jpg

My 3 year old boy is very much like Gabriel Seity! He was a nightmare baby, lol! Constantly on the go even in the womb. He hasnt slept a full month in his own bed to date either!!! I'm hoping this baby is different...

Glad to hear that Samuel is a dream baby!

Thomas is a feeding machine today!! No sleep just constantly wanting to be fed. Cannot believe that this time last week we were ordering pizza not knowing I would go in labour 4 hours later. X

Seity, glad you got a good baby! I was very lucky with Rosie and hoping for the same again - I like my sleep!

Lindy, glad to hear Thomas is a good feeder, hopefully that will mean he starts sleeping through the night as soon as possible!

No news here. Midwife couldn't do sweep again as too unfavourable. She said my cervix felt further back than last Monday :(

Seity, glad you got a good baby! I was very lucky with Rosie and hoping for the same again - I like my sleep!

Lindy, glad to hear Thomas is a good feeder, hopefully that will mean he starts sleeping through the night as soon as possible!

No news here. Midwife couldn't do sweep again as too unfavourable. She said my cervix felt further back than last Monday :(

my OB said the same thing (not that she offered a sweep) I went from so low she had to push baby's head up and reach around it last week to LO being posterior and high up and cervix being barely able to be reached. I must say I notice the difference in the way I move about these days too. I much prefer feeling like she's dangling between my thighs knowing she's dilating the cervix- over having her resting "comfortably" on my spine doing nothing to get out.

Hi Ladies, been abit preoccupied so not been on here for a few days. Glad to see everyone's doing well with their LO's, and those who are still waiting are doing well too.
Lindy I am a milking machine too. My DS1 was a monster feeder and was pinned to the sofa forever. It does get easier so don't think it lasts forever. I am finding this little man the same, he's going 2 hours if I'm lucky. He loves a cuddle too so am trying to get him down as much as possible. He's in his chair ATM, but I can hear him filling his nappy! He is so laid back though and I feel very lucky to have him.
Loompy all mine have had a dummy. I am trying to avoid it this time as he's quite content as long as his bellys full. But time will tell......
Seity it's good to hear that your having an easier time with Samuel. He's gorgeous.
I seem to be bleeding quite a lot still for 9 days postpartum. Proper blood and now just passed a big clot. Told my MW yesterday I was fine as thought it looked like it was easing up but has got worse again since. I had to deliver the placenta like I was giving birth as it wouldn't come out, I had a 15 st man pulling on it as I was pushing. Am going to call the labour ward later as abit concerned things aren't as they should be.....

Bumpity.....that doesn't sound good. Did you have injection to help delivers placenta? I didn't as it makes me sick. Have you spoken to maternity unit yet?
So glad all the little ones are so chilled! Kitty is a demanding young lady and very hungry! I don't think I could describe her as chilled but she is very cuddly!
I am hoping she might sleep in her own bed tonight! Love cuddling but don't sleep properly if I am holding madam!
Hugs
C
Xxxxx

Thomas just does not want to sleep. He has a clean bum, full belly and cries!!! Hoping he settles better soon.

Good to see lo's all doing well :) Nearly all new mummies!!! Will set up new thread when the last ones appear :)

Hi Loompy, yes I did have the injection but it wouldn't come out. It really was the birth from hell, as my husband describes it! It felt like I was giving birth again. Am going up to labour ward so they can take a look, really don't want to go as I feel I've been interfered with enough but I know I need to. My little man has been asleep on our bed for over 2 1/2 hours!! I really don't know what to do with myself, lol! Had a bad night though so he owes me......
Oh and I want to call him Arlo, unusual but I love it. Hubby's not sure so am working on him :) x

Hi Loompy, yes I did have the injection but it wouldn't come out. It really was the birth from hell, as my husband describes it! It felt like I was giving birth again. Am going up to labour ward so they can take a look, really don't want to go as I feel I've been interfered with enough but I know I need to. My little man has been asleep on our bed for over 2 1/2 hours!! I really don't know what to do with myself, lol! Had a bad night though so he owes me......
Oh and I want to call him Arlo, unusual but I love it. Hubby's not sure so am working on him :) x

My bleeding increased but mw said if clots need to check so get it checked. Hope it is ok bumpity. Sounds awful 3rd stage. Hugs. Xxx

Bumpity......how did trip to maternity go? Hope all ok. Does sound like you had total nightmare labour. So sorry it was so unpleasant!
I love the name Arlo. One of the characters in my favourite tv show, Justified is called Arlo. Keep working on DH!

Good luck Bumpity. I love the name Arlo. One of my coworkers had a boy last year and named him that.

Oh Bumpity it sounds like your 3rd stage was dreadful. Hopefully they've got the bleeding sorted for you now.

Arlo is a fab name, unusual but not off that unusual!

Well from me, I had a bloody show last night (& still sort of continuing) & I've been having contractions most of the day, fairly mild to begin with but they seem to be increasing in intensity gradually. Really surprised at how I'm coping, had some paracetamol about 20 mins ago and its taken the edge off the last one.

It's been a bit of a day all in all as my MIL phoned this morning apparently sounding a bit strange and it turns out she's had a small stroke, well we think it is. SIL is at the hospital with her just now so we're waiting to hear more news.

Hope your MIL is OK Lulu. Sounds like things are starting off for you. Maybe it won't be long till you get to see your baby!

Lulu hope everything is ok with MIL and LO on the way. Xxx

Bumpity how did you get on?

Looking forward to hearing some news Lulu. Hope your MIL is ok :hugs:

Had to go back to hospital yesterday morning for a scan which showed I do have an infection and retained products :( am on antibiotics and have to go back in 10 days for another scan to see where we are at. What was weird is that one of my ovaries is sitting just above pubic bone on bikini line?!! Apparently they move around! Scared me at first because the first lady thought it might be something else but got a second opinion from the imaging department.

Have heard of that programme Loompy, what channel is it on?

Sorry you're having a tough recovery Bumpity :( hope you're all better soon. I love the name Arlo!

Lulu, hope MIL is ok and baby announcement to come soon!

I'm feeling pretty fed up today. I've gained 5lb in a week and am pretty swollen now - I think my body is fed up. Baby is still posterior and I'm thinking I have little chance of a vbac birth with a big, badly positioned baby. Also worried about the damage it might do to me and baby if I try. I'm wishing I scheduled a section a bit earlier now but pre op is 4pm on Thursday and have to go in for section 7am Friday so not long to wait now. I'm thinking if I do go into labour before then, I might ask for a section anyway...

Jjay- not long to wait. You just do what's best for you and baby. Hugs xxxx

No wonder your feed up JJay :hugs: longer babies in there the bigger they are getting. Go with your gut and don't worry about missing out on a VBAC. Even with a VB I didn't get the birth I wanted by a long shot. Will be thinking of you on Fri if you make it that far xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->