February 2013 babies

So I decided to go to the hospital today. They first did an internal exam and said my cervix feels closed. There some red blood on the doctor's glove but I wasn't surprised cause she was pushing around in there. Then they did some blood work and sent me for an ultrasound. My beta was 2868, it was 787 three days ago. Then internal ultrasound wand had some dark red blood on it. They said they could see the gestational sack and it looked normal. It's too early for a heartbeat. The only unusual thing they found is a cyst on my right ovary which has caused me some stabbing pains. They said everything basically seems fine and could not pinpoint the spotting/bleeding. I have not flowed any blood. I only see it when I wipe. The doctor was telling me everything and expecting me to feel happy but I am just confused. Where is this bleeding coming from? Maybe my cervix is really irritated because it seemed to increase with all the poking and prodding.

:hugs:Marathon girl
I am so sorry that things haven't worked out for you! I hope to see you back soon!
c

PerpetualMama
A flake is a chocolate bar that is sort of like lots of crumbly bits of chocolate stuck together. https://www.amazon.com/Cadbury-Flake-Chocolate-Bars-6-Count/dp/B000JSLYSUHula hoops are crisps or chips for you in the USA. They are like little round potato like things. https://www.jollygrub.com/british-snacks-crisps/kp-hula-hoops-crisps-7-pack-original

So glad you ate lots of rubbish too. Makes me feel better about my appalling diet!
C
:winkwink:

So I decided to go to the hospital today. They first did an internal exam and said my cervix feels closed. There some red blood on the doctor's glove but I wasn't surprised cause she was pushing around in there. Then they did some blood work and sent me for an ultrasound. My beta was 2868, it was 787 three days ago. Then internal ultrasound wand had some dark red blood on it. They said they could see the gestational sack and it looked normal. It's too early for a heartbeat. The only unusual thing they found is a cyst on my right ovary which has caused me some stabbing pains. They said everything basically seems fine and could not pinpoint the spotting/bleeding. I have not flowed any blood. I only see it when I wipe. The doctor was telling me everything and expecting me to feel happy but I am just confused. Where is this bleeding coming from? Maybe my cervix is really irritated because it seemed to increase with all the poking and prodding.

I'm not sure Mrs T. It definitely is good news on the hcg doubling and everything looking good on the u/s, cervix closed.
Was the cyst intact? I know having one burst can caused a fluid gush as it did for me (too many years ago to recall blood or not).
are they going to do a follow up?
Praying for you.

PerpetualMama
A flake is a chocolate bar that is sort of like lots of crumbly bits of chocolate stuck together. https://www.amazon.com/Cadbury-Flake-Chocolate-Bars-6-Count/dp/B000JSLYSUHula hoops are crisps or chips for you in the USA. They are like little round potato like things. https://www.jollygrub.com/british-snacks-crisps/kp-hula-hoops-crisps-7-pack-original

So glad you ate lots of rubbish too. Makes me feel better about my appalling diet!
C
:winkwink:

I was always told to eat what I could stomach. The baby would draw what it needed from me, but I guess that would leave me as the one missing out. I didn't feel as bad making myself miss out. I WANTED to eat good, TRIED to eat good, but threw up the apples, fish, and veggies lol.

I have since grown to have all kinds of dietary caused intestinal issues. So, Last year I went Paleo, and now I can't have the dry toast, crackers, cheerios, etc. My body doesn't tolerate icecream, milk, yogurt etc. I am finding it a challenge to be appetized by fruits, veggies, meats, and nuts when I'm starving but have no appetite. I manage to stuff my face with as much of it as possible, but I have found this weekend that halfway through my meal I know if I take another bite I'll lose it. I end up having to stop while still hungry, and I'm sick of the sweet taste left in my mouth after eating fruit (which is my quick snack go to).
My only thought is bacon dipped in chocolate...I have to try that :haha:

I'm not sure Mrs T. It definitely is good news on the hcg doubling and everything looking good on the u/s, cervix closed.
Was the cyst intact? I know having one burst can caused a fluid gush as it did for me (too many years ago to recall blood or not).
Praying for you.

The cyst was intact and seems to have no relation to the bleeding. It really is a mystery. I have been doing a lot of googling. This seems to be a common problem at 5 weeks. I got the doctor to write me off work for a week. I have a very stressful job, so hopefully it will correct itself with rest. I was also told to have my doctor check my beta again in a couple days and I have another ultrasound scheduled for next Friday. I will be six weeks by then.

At least everything seems ok with the baby so far Mrs. T. That's good.
PerpetualMama - chocolate dipped bacon sounds yummy! :rofl:

:hugs: marathonGirl, my heart goes out to you - discovering in Feb this year, when I thought I was 12 wks that my baby had stopped growing at 8 wks mc is my biggest fear and I know how heartbreaking it is. Take care of yourself x

MrsT - glad everything is going well, even if they dont know where the blood is coming from.
Loopy- hope you're feeling better. I've lost count of the number of times I've had the cold this year, just seems to be one thing after another!

How are we all doing today? I don't know if I'm imagining things or not but my symptoms seem to be increasing - woken up with slight nausea last 2 days, had little indigestion today and I'm really, really grumpy! Very short fuse with hubby & son, poor them!

PerpetualMama what does Paleo mean? Will do a little googling in the meantime.
MrsT I had the same with number one at about 5 weeks and there was no reason why. I think a week off work is the best answer. Feet up!
:hug:

I used https://www.thelaboroflove.com/chart/pred.html
It adjusts automatically for lunar age. It predicted girl for last time and was wrong. This time it predicts boy. I hope its wrong again.

Yours said girl, for me this one said boy. Try it and tell me if you get girl on this one!

https://www.babycenter.com/chinese-gender-predictor

BTW regarding my above comment about twins, DH saw me write that and he said "you (expletive) better not be" hahahah

That one gives me the same results girl for my son and boy for this time around.

Just tried the babycentre prediction one and it says I'm having a girl! Need to wait and see. Can't remember if I did any when I was pregnant with Euan, but from the very start DH was convinced we were having a boy. His reasoning was that he isn't really into 'boy' stuff like football or diy so obviously we were having a boy.

It would be good to have a girl this time - one of each! But at the same time it will be just as good to have a boy as we've still got all of Euan's baby clothes and stuff :lol:

PerpetualMama what does Paleo mean? Will do a little googling in the meantime.
MrsT I had the same with number one at about 5 weeks and there was no reason why. I think a week off work is the best answer. Feet up!
:hug:

Paleo is a "lifestyle" for some, a way of eating for others, a diet for others. Basically I call it a lifestyle because if I dare say the word "diet" to people they freak out because I'm 5'5" and 118 lbs. I did lose about ten lbs since last August when I started, went from a size 3 or 5 to a size 0 or 2, and have little problem keeping the weight I started putting on when I turned 40 off my belly. Hmmm, although now I am so bloated it's ridiculous, and the amount I am eating is insane. The hunger is absolutely ferocious and has finally eased off for the first time in 2 1/2 weeks after eating a big bowl of chowder and 3 clam cakes. Completely non-paleo, but I feel so dang good :rofl:.

Basically I do not eat grains (wheat, rice, rye, barley, corn etc--so no pasta, bread, rice etc) dairy or legumes (beans). I cook with olive oil and coconut oil, drink almond milk or coconut milk, eat all meats, veggies, fruits, and most nuts. My main carb is sweet potato because white potatoes are a no-no too. If I was die hard I would avoid sugar and candy etc. I do "cheat" once in a while like today with the clam cakes and chowder, or with a cupcake or pizza, (oh, and of course, chocolate. No way in heck I'm sacrificing that!) but I am so careful to just have a little because my main purpose for going paleo was to eliminate the intestinal issues (several days a week with multiple mad dashes to the bathroom, ugh) and bloat, and the grains and dairy do a number on me.

Paleo is also called the cave man diet. My SIL is diehard and very vocal about it because she has celiacs and this has changed her life. I'm not so strict and pushing. One thing I'd like to mention though is that by cutting out the grains even one meal a day to start helps people start to see results in weight. (end of sermon, lol)

Praying for you.

The cyst was intact and seems to have no relation to the bleeding. It really is a mystery. I have been doing a lot of googling. This seems to be a common problem at 5 weeks. I got the doctor to write me off work for a week. I have a very stressful job, so hopefully it will correct itself with rest. I was also told to have my doctor check my beta again in a couple days and I have another ultrasound scheduled for next Friday. I will be six weeks by then.

SO glad you get the week off, rest is a good thing and probably easier on the mind than trying to work while worrying about the bleeding! I've been praying you, hope the next scan is just as reassuring, and that the bleeding goes away asap! Take care of yourself :hugs:

Sounds like my idea of food hell. :rofl: I'm 5'7" and 115lbs. I can't gain weight to save my life. I eat anything I wan't, just in moderation and I only eat whole fat foods whenever possible. I do try to avoid high fructose corn syrup and get foods with real sugar.

Sounds like my idea of food hell. :rofl: I'm 5'7" and 115lbs. I can't gain weight to save my life. I eat anything I wan't, just in moderation and I only eat whole fat foods whenever possible. I do try to avoid high fructose corn syrup and get foods with real sugar.

:haha: You go girl! I used to be able to do that :/. Body changed bit by bit with each passing year and each pregnancy brought new changes come to think of it...hmmm.

Wow! Pales sounds hardcore! I couldn't manage it as I don't eat meat or shellfish although I have IBS and grains can play havoc with my tummy. I previously considered cutting down on gluten but I think I would disappear. I am 5'6 and a very important half and weigh 120lbs so generally eat what I like and I look horrible if I lose weight. It all disappears off my face.
Can you believe I feel quite human today. Am making the most of it as I am sure I will be back to feeling nasty this afternoon.
Hope you have a great day ladies!
Xxxxxxxxx
C
:hugs:

I hope you continue to feel good loompy! I had a bad day Saturday. First time ever. I never been happier to feel like crap though because I was starting to worry again. More than happy to be feeling human again though.
Carbs are my life's blood. I can't feel full without them and if I go more than a few days without them I start to feel weak and ill.
I used to weigh a healthier 125, but since having my son I could never manage to gain the weight back. I'm sure a few lbs are from the new, smaller boobs he gave me.
I look forward to seeing how this pregnancy changes my body.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->