February 2013 babies

That's gr8 news MrsT. :happydance:

Lulu, I'm with you. I'm 5ft4 and prob weigh similar to you. This is the most I've ever weighed! Put on 10 lbs this year, so determined to stay healthy during this pregnancy. DH came home with a massive tray of croissants from Costco last night so not making it easy for me!

I usually run but have decided to stop. Am planning on hitting the gym as soon as I feel up to it. I have 2 dogs so walking them is my exercise at the moment.

Just can't wait to get to the next trimester!

Lulu, I'm with you. I'm 5ft4 and prob weigh similar to you. This is the most I've ever weighed! Put on 10 lbs this year, so determined to stay healthy during this pregnancy. DH came home with a massive tray of croissants from Costco last night so not making it easy for me!

I usually run but have decided to stop. Am planning on hitting the gym as soon as I feel up to it. I have 2 dogs so walking them is my exercise at the moment.

I am grateful for my two dogs, spring, summer, and fall are peak months for our walks (winter is too dangerous walking sometimes, plus I'm a major pussy when it comes to the cold :haha:)

I also want to make mention of how grateful I am to my 4 oldest kids who have stepped up this week and changed the cat litter to protect baby's well being, and cleaned up the trash when the bag split open (because I was literally about to lose my supper over the smell). My super sense of smell is KILLING ME! There are way more offensive smells than good ones for my liking :nope:

I am grateful for my two dogs, spring, summer, and fall are peak months for our walks (winter is too dangerous walking sometimes, plus I'm a major pussy when it comes to the cold :haha:)

I also want to make mention of how grateful I am to my 4 oldest kids who have stepped up this week and changed the cat litter to protect baby's well being, and cleaned up the trash when the bag split open (because I was literally about to lose my supper over the smell). My super sense of smell is KILLING ME! There are way more offensive smells than good ones for my liking :nope:

Funny you mention the cat litter!!! That has been on my mind. This is my first pregnancy so I am paranoid over everything! My husband is changing the cat litter now but I am still freaking out over toxoplasmosis. I keep thinking about everywhere my cat's lie down in the house and I am washing blankets as I'm typing this. :(

Toxo is really really rare! As one person wrote in a recent thread, you'd practically have to spread the poo on a piece of bread and eat it. :rofl:
I'm going to quote from another thread because the lady put it very well:
Hey crazy cat people! I love that most of you are not afraid of your kitties during your pregnancy. I love my gang and would NEVER rehome them.

I am a veterinarian and here's the real scoop on toxoplasmosis:

• It is a parasite, not a virus, that is shed in cat feces. It takes 24 hrs of exposure to air (read, uncleaned litterbox) before the parasitic cyst is infectious. The parasite cannot be aerosolized, instead, it relies on poor hygiene. You get it by ingesting it!
  • If you have kitties who jump on the counter where food prep is performed (and who doesn't), be sure to wipe down counters before you make your dinner.
  • Cat feces is not the only way you can contract the parasite. It is more common to get it from undercooked meat.
  • It's best to have your DH clean the box but if you have to, wash your hands afterwards and you should have no concerns.
  • As for the folks spraying Lysol in the box, I recommend against it. It's not going to do anything to the parasite and may cause kitty to avoid the very chemically smelly litter box.
  • As a vet, I am far more likely to have been exposed and have continued exposure as I work through my pregnancy than the general public. I have ZERO concerns. It's a very uncommon disease that gets a lot of hype. If you practice good hygiene you will be fine!

LOL! Okay, I'll try to cut down on my cat poo intake. ;)

I know I am being an irrational freak. I figure if it was that big of a problem we would probably all know someone who it has happened too. I can't help it.

It's just one more thing that gets blown way out of proportion to the actual danger (like listeria).

Mmmmm!! Starving now :lol: I love the big trays of cakes and things you can buy at Costco.

PerpetualMama - my sense of smell is going weird at the moment too. Everytime I went to the toilet at work yesterday (which was a lot!) I was convinced I could smell wet paint! It's affecting my tastbuds too, my cups of tea taste strange now too. Which is a shame because I've cut down and really look forward to them but now they taste odd :wacko:

MrsT - I was paranoid about cat poo during my first pregnancy too, but I used it as a good excuse to always let my DH clean out the cat's tray!

I don't have a cat. Just putting that out there so I can feel a part of the conversation =)

I don't have a cat. Just putting that out there so I can feel a part of the conversation =)
:rofl:

How's everyone feeling today? I'm having one of my more normal ones.
For some strange reason, I've been getting zits all over my nose? I mean ok, more hormones = acne, but just on my nose?? WTF?

Toxo is really really rare! As one person wrote in a recent thread, you'd practically have to spread the poo on a piece of bread and eat it. :rofl:
I'm going to quote from another thread because the lady put it very well:
Hey crazy cat people! I love that most of you are not afraid of your kitties during your pregnancy. I love my gang and would NEVER rehome them.

I am a veterinarian and here's the real scoop on toxoplasmosis:

• It is a parasite, not a virus, that is shed in cat feces. It takes 24 hrs of exposure to air (read, uncleaned litterbox) before the parasitic cyst is infectious. The parasite cannot be aerosolized, instead, it relies on poor hygiene. You get it by ingesting it!
  • If you have kitties who jump on the counter where food prep is performed (and who doesn't), be sure to wipe down counters before you make your dinner.
  • Cat feces is not the only way you can contract the parasite. It is more common to get it from undercooked meat.
  • It's best to have your DH clean the box but if you have to, wash your hands afterwards and you should have no concerns.
  • As for the folks spraying Lysol in the box, I recommend against it. It's not going to do anything to the parasite and may cause kitty to avoid the very chemically smelly litter box.
  • As a vet, I am far more likely to have been exposed and have continued exposure as I work through my pregnancy than the general public. I have ZERO concerns. It's a very uncommon disease that gets a lot of hype. If you practice good hygiene you will be fine!

Thanks for the info Seity, that was helpful! So if my dogs regularly "clean out" my cat box (cat n' crunch) then maybe they're carrying it on their tongues!!!
I was so cautious to clean it, used big yellow rubber gloves and scrubbed both them and my hands afterward, but am just as fine playing it up that I "can't" do it :winkwink:, and let someone else handle the mess for a while! Plus the smell is amplified like....woahhh!

As for wet paint smell...I can't smell that anymore after painting for almost 10 years :). My sniffer is keeping me away from a lot of things, esp foods. I am so hungry but dread opening the fridge, ugh!

I'm fairly certain the saliva in your dogs mouth would kill it. :rofl: (cat 'n crunch)
I'm all for letting my husband have cat litter duty though. In fact, he pretty much just kept the duty after #1 was born out of habit. I simply don't worry about it, if for some reason, I do have to change the box.

I have to say that my 2 eldest already know too and they have been great. Didn't want to tell them this early but my nosy 12yr old read texts from me on DH's phone! They've been really supportive and much more helpful than usual. But my eldest keeps saying "what have you got yourself into?" then laughs and shakes her head! Still haven't offered to clean their rabbits out though, which is a job that turns my stomach. Just done it and now need a lie down!

How are you ladies today?

I'm feeling a bit off to be honest. I can't make up my mind if I've got a stomach bug or if its pregnancy related but since Sunday I've been having the odd bout of diarrhoea (sorry, probably tmi) and it just leaves me so drained. In a way its like morning sickness in reverse! Just my luck eh! If it is a symptom its one I'd prefer not to have :wacko:

I'm hungry all the time, but eating makes my stomach hurt a bit, so I nibble all day. Eating also gives me terrible gas which leads to lots of pain and loose stools, when I'm not busy being constipated. :wacko: Whee! Got to love pregnancy.

Today is my 4 year Anniversary! I'm lucky to be married to my best friend.
Tomorrow morning is our first scan and I'll finally get to see our little jellybean and be reassured that our baby is doing just fine!

Happy Anniversary Seity! Have a wonderful day together. :) I'm going for an ultrasound tomorrow too.

As for symptons, I am exhausted all the time and I fall asleep so fast (very unusual for me). And today I have a strange metal taste in my mouth.

Anyone else taking bump pics? It was a lot of fun to look back at the ones I took first time around. I take mine weekly already and post in the bump pic thread even though I don't have a bump yet. I'd love to see how everyone who's due near the same time as me progresses!
I just sent a PM requesting it become a sticky thread like in the trimester areas.

Happy anniversary Seity & good luck for tomorrow, you have to share your scan photos as soon as you can. I love scan photos:)

Symptom wise I'm swinging from nausea and eating to ease that, to having really bad stomach pains & diarrhea which then makes me not want to eat! Nobody tells this exciting part of pregnancy do they :lol: I'm looking forward to my doctors appointment on Monday so I can get the ball rolling & get my midwife appointment booked and hopefully an early scan :happydance:

Happy Anniversary Seity. I'm so jealous you get a scan already. I have to wait until 10+1 weeks which feels like forever from now.

I feel like I've been waiting forever, but it's only been 4 weeks now. I get an 8 week dating scan so they can be sure of the dates when scheduling my NT scan; otherwise, I'd probably have to wait longer too.

I feel like I've been waiting forever, but it's only been 4 weeks now. I get an 8 week dating scan so they can be sure of the dates when scheduling my NT scan; otherwise, I'd probably have to wait longer too.

Happy Anniversary Seity, and good luck on your scan! What is the bump thread? If I had taken a picture last night you'd have thought I was 4 months at least, I was so bloated.

Good luck tomorrow Mrs T too :)

I also love seeing scan pictures :), Happy to see so many good ones!
2 weeks and one day til I can book my scan. At least working helps the days go faster!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->