February 2018 - Valentines Babies!

I'm feeling good just have constant slight nausea that drives me crazy!

Hopeful, I keep sneezing so much and it hurts so bad! I thought it was just me 😂 I almost called my Dr because I've never had this in any of my other pregnancies. It's so strange, it's like my allergies are getting so bad and I usually don't have allergies!

I'm feeling nervously well too. I still go to bed early and still can only eat certain things and boobs still sore but other than that I literally feel great. The sneezing has slowed down a bit so I'm happy about that. Oh my uterus feels sore here and there but I think it's from all the sneezing I did at the beginning of the week. Still right at 2 weeks til my next appointment and I'm nervous about being able to hear the Hb on the Doppler or hand held ultrasound thing the Dr has. I hope everyone is doing well and getting as much rest as possible.

Ohhh I'm so sorry I dont remember names much yet but whoever is going to get their wife started on lactating so she can help, that's amazing! That's such an awesome experience for both of you to be able to feed the baby while you finish up school. ❤

Just had to reschedule my first appointment from July 19th to the 24th :( I know it's only a few days, but I'm so anxious to see the doctor and confirm that everything looks good! Especially since I haven't really been having many symptoms...just tired and a bit stuffy, occasionally hot flash. Bbs are definitely bigger but not sore anymore, and still not even a spot of nausea...

Jcliff - I want to get the gender bloodwork done as well, but where I am it is $500.00, that's half of the stroller I want, so I am waiting for the ultrasound.

Feronia - Co-nursing sounds amazing, I wish I could induce lactation with my husband. If this baby is anything like DS I will be nursing around the clock! I have heard good things about adoptive parents inducing lactation, so I hope it works well for your wife.

hopfl4bby - Hopefully the allergy symptoms disappear soon, I developed a dog allergy with my first pregnancy, I am hoping and praying that this pregnancy reverses it, because I love dogs!

I had to take yesterday off work with a terrible migraine, I laid in bed the entire day only getting up for water and food. Thankfully today I feel a bit better, but I can feel it coming back. The migraines with my son were awful, I am hoping to find some relief soon.

Gemini - Fingers crossed everything is well for you, my symptoms didn't start until 7-8 weeks with DS and around 6 weeks with this babe.

Feronia, the co-lactation amazes me. I read up a lot on it when I was a student midwife. I wish I could have a breastfeeding side kick!

Feronia, the co-lactation amazes me. I read up a lot on it when I was a student midwife. I wish I could have a breastfeeding side kick!

Oh cool, are you a midwife now? I wrote a paper on induced lactation in my second year and we're so stoked to see of it works. She took the first pills today to start!

Oh cool, are you a midwife now? I wrote a paper on induced lactation in my second year and we're so stoked to see of it works. She took the first pills today to start!

No, I went back to nursing. In the UK you can do an 18month degree level conversion programme if you are a nurse with 3yrs + experience. I got about half way through and just decided nursing was my vocation. I'm glad I gave it a go and got some great knowledge and a few deliveries. I work in Gastro now which I love (weirdly!)
I assume it's the same at the UK, progesterone mini pill then domperidone?

How's everyone feeling?

I'm pretty sore , lots of achey , sharp twinges, my lower pelvis between my csec scar and pubic bone is a full stretchy feeling . Makes me feel squirmy . Tiredness isn't too bad .I'm sleeping at night which is fab as I'm usually a terrible sleeper! :thumbup: . Waves of nausea , have gone off coffee and enjoying tea instead.:coffee:

I feel a little better today myslef, even though I didnt have much of a choice.I'm trying to get off the soda I drink to much soda. Been trying to drink more water and juice.I hate the waiting game for my first appointment . July 14th feels like a century away lol.

I feel a bit crampy today... Hope it's just my uterus stretching and nothing else!

Sorry, I haven't really been keeping up on things in here as I've just been so sick and tired the past week or so. I travel long hours for work (6 hours total per day, 3 hours up to my office and 3 hours back) 3 days a week and then the other days I work from home. And then my husband has also been really busy (we run a family business), so the days when I haven't spent 6 hours on a train from the crack of dawn, he's been working til 10pm. So just no time to ever get caught up on life and I've been so drained! I hope you all are doing well.

I'm 7+2 today and I have my private scan this morning. I'd found out I'd had a mmc at 5 weeks in my last pregnancy at this scan, so it was very emotional. Even just going back into the same building, I literally wanted to turn around and run out the door! But I have always felt very differently about this pregnancy. I feel pregnant, with even more symptoms I think than with my daughter (which was 5 years ago, so maybe I just don't remember but anyway). I didn't really feel like this with my mc. So I was pretty sure everything would be fine, but still very overwhelming to have the scan. But all went well. Baby is measuring 7+3 (1 day ahead of my dates by LMP, but who knows how that will change by my actual dating scan), but it's still one day closer to my daughter's birthday! Her birthday is the 8th of Feb and baby is due 13th of Feb by that measurement. I went early with her though, so I'll gladly take the extra day if that's how it turns out! We saw the heart just beating away (at 140) which was amazing. When we had the scan with my mc, there was just nothing really there that looked like much of anything. But here was a little baby shaped blob and I could see his/her heart really easily. It was amazing. Here's a photo, though obviously not a whole lot to see at this point still.

Still feeling very emotional about it all. It feels like it's starting to really set in now after feeling like we were in limbo for so long. The baby clothes and the new car seat I bought before my miscarriage and then put away because I didn't want to look at them, I feel like I can get them out again. So it's making the fact I feel like absolute rubbish and sick 24 hours a day without any relief seem worth it. I have my first midwife appointment on Wednesday as well. I need to clean the house this weekend before she comes because it's a tip!

Attachments

• 19686436_10158944697190301_1632133944_o.jpg
    19686436_10158944697190301_1632133944_o.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 10
Ouch new symptom for me! My boobs have been killing since last night!

So happy to hear everything is going well MindUtopia. My scan is next Wed. I've been so worried it's a mmc . I have no good reason other than my gut. I hate first tri.

MindUtopia that's fantastic! I do hope you start to feel better very soon. Xx

Mind if I join you lovely lot in here? EDD of February 16th but that might move when I have my first scan and stuff :)..7+1 today :)

No, I went back to nursing. In the UK you can do an 18month degree level conversion programme if you are a nurse with 3yrs + experience. I got about half way through and just decided nursing was my vocation. I'm glad I gave it a go and got some great knowledge and a few deliveries. I work in Gastro now which I love (weirdly!)
I assume it's the same at the UK, progesterone mini pill then domperidone?

We have something similar here in Canada. If you are a RN, you can become a midwife in 2 years, and vice versa.

She's doing the Newman Goldfarb technique, and I know progesterone can be used also, but she's taking oral contraceptives continuously along with domperidone (and slowly upping the does). At the end of December she will abruptly cut the contraceptives, add more galactogogues, and start pumping daily. I hope it works!

I'm so glad your scan went well, MindUtopia! What a relief!

Welcome Buddysmum 89 and congratulations :)

Feronia that sounds really interesting, I hope it works out for you both, it would be wonderful x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->