February 2018 - Valentines Babies!

I plan on taking a hypnobirthing class this time around, I didn't take any classes with my son because my DH's hockey season is so busy and we live over an hour away from a city with classes.
I had a water birth with DS, I loved it! I am hoping to do the same this time around. My labour slowed down when I got in the water, but the difference in pain for the contractions was worth it!

Will do pregnancy yoga with a hypnobirthing instructor like I did with my first. Found the breathing exercises really helped me to have a calm controlled labour despite being induced.

If I was ever to have a vaginal birth, water always sounded awesome.

We got our Panorama results back - low risk for all and officially Team :pink:.

Congrats 3chords, it's so amazing they can tell this early!

Aww congratulations on your girl bump!!!

Ladies i just glanced at my last ultrasound and noticed something that was like below the baby cause u can see where dr was measuring baby where he began and stopped what do u think it is

Attachments

• 20170725_172421.jpg
    20170725_172421.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 13
AkIn maybe part of the babies spine?

3chord congratulations! Is that a text only available in US? In Scotland we don't get offered this

akinsmom - do you mean the darker spot?

Bittersweet - I am in Canada. We have many tests that are available anytime from 9-10 weeks, pretty much as in the US. Panorama, Harmony, materniT21, etc. They are a bit pricey, I paid $800 but I am older and with a history of losses so rather than stressing about ultrasounds and screenings this basically prevents you from worrying about things like Down Syndrome, etc. But also tells you the sex as a bonus!

Oh that's really interesting 3chords.

Here we get a blood test and scan for any and dating at 12wekes and then scan at 20 weeks to look at all the vital organs etc and if you're lucky and live in an area like I do you can be told the gender as well :). Long wait!

Is this better idea of what i was meaning sorry kept telling me image was too large

Attachments

• 20170801_151051.jpg
    20170801_151051.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 3
That looks like the yolk sac. Update on me. Still an empty sac and still measuring about 2 weeks behind. Started spotting last night. Decided to have a d&c - hoping to get on the schedule tomorrow.

Sorry to hear that daisy!!! Keep us updated how u are doing !

Is this better idea of what i was meaning sorry kept telling me image was too large

Just echoing the other ladies in that it looks like a yolk sac.

Daisy- I'm so sorry hun. :hugs:

Afm, 12 week scan tomorrow morning! I'm actually really excited for it. I'm still trying to decide if I want to get the bloodwork. It caused a lot of stress with my son since he came back high for an open neural tube and then wouldn't cooperate at the ultrasounds.

So sorry to hear, DaisyQ. :( I hope it goes smoothly for you.

akinsmom2, I would also guess yolk sac, but it's so hard to tell on ultrasounds sometimes, haha.

Wow, I'm surprised people are treating 37 like advanced maternal age. Here in Canada 40+ is considered "AMA" but still not high risk, and anything below 40 is treated the same.

I also have my anatomy scan scheduled for Sep 14th! I just also got my schedule for 3rd year midwifery school and thankfully have September and December off, the other two months I do L&D and NICU placements. But this means I'm doing placements all the way through January, February, and March. *gulp* Don't ask me how that is going to be possible, but it will have to be possible lol!

krissie328, which blood test are you offered? They just changed it to eFTS here, which means I'll get my results back this week but they do not check for open neural tube defects like spina bifida, only for trisomy 21, 18, and 13. It is assumed people will have that thoroughly checked on their anatomy scans.

krissie328, which blood test are you offered? They just changed it to eFTS here, which means I'll get my results back this week but they do not check for open neural tube defects like spina bifida, only for trisomy 21, 18, and 13. It is assumed people will have that thoroughly checked on their anatomy scans.

I'm not sure. I'm going to be asking at my appointment tomorrow. If it's changed since my son I'm more open into getting them. My husband wants me to so I probably will.

Feronia - I'm in Canada and I've been with the fertility clinic for 4 years. They definitely treat us infertiles as advanced age after 35...sometimes it feels like we may as well be one foot in the grave!

akinsmom - I also think it's the yolk sac. You can tell the wand was moving when the photo was taken so it doesn't look empty inside but if she snapped the pic a second later you'd see it look like the classical shape.

Omg i feel like idiot that didnt even cross my.mind lol.
You guys have any cravings? Mine is fruits and salad and chicken and newest one ice cream my husband ate the rest of my ice cream last night so i sent him to gas station little bit ago for dip n dots and choco taco

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->