February 2018 - Valentines Babies!

I'm 34 and no one has told me I'm almost of 'advanced maternal age'. ;) Not sure they worry about it too much in NZ.

Hey girls , hope you're all ok ?

Lovely scan Krissie, Akins I hope all is Ok , let us know! Feronia that's some work load at the latter stages. I'm going back to uni to do my midwifery again . I started in 2004 , only got four months into first year and had a bad car accident , broke my back amd a few other injuries. So I'll most likely apply for 2019 , I need to do a refresher year next year ! Get used to studying again :haha:

My situation is still the same . We're back in Scotland now , just waiting on midwives contacting me . Since my big bleed every day I've gone through 3-5 panty liners (just the light ones) of lots of brown gunky stuff . Still have horrendous morning/afternoon/evening/middleofthenight sickness!!! . No particular cravings ! Although really enjoy green smoothies !! Have had crappy junk food cravings but that's more the sicky part of me that wants it. :haha:

nordicpixie83, how awful about your car accident! I hope you can get back into it. Maybe you wouldn't have to reapply? I know people here who took many, many years off and then just got back in without reapplying. I'm supposed to graduate in 2019 but I might take fourth year off (due to start when this baby will be not yet 3 months old) and then graduate in 2020.

I hope your SCH reabsorbs soon! It's so scary. This is my second pregnancy with a SCH and thankfully the bleeding has stopped. Oh yeah, my cravings are for junk food. I'm vegan, but I've been just wanting to eat stuff like vegan cookies, ice cream, cupcakes, lasagna, French toast, donuts, lol... hopefully I can start to eat healthy again in the 2nd trimester (which is now, ahhhh)!!

nordicpixie83, how awful about your car accident! I hope you can get back into it. Maybe you wouldn't have to reapply? I know people here who took many, many years off and then just got back in without reapplying. I'm supposed to graduate in 2019 but I might take fourth year off (due to start when this baby will be not yet 3 months old) and then graduate in 2020.

I hope your SCH reabsorbs soon! It's so scary. This is my second pregnancy with a SCH and thankfully the bleeding has stopped. Oh yeah, my cravings are for junk food. I'm vegan, but I've been just wanting to eat stuff like vegan cookies, ice cream, cupcakes, lasagna, French toast, donuts, lol... hopefully I can start to eat healthy again in the 2nd trimester (which is now, ahhhh)!!

I'm really concerned about weight gain . My previous pregnancies I always started with a healthy weight and especially my last pregnancy I only gained 17lb (baby was 8lb5 and had too much water) so I actually lost body weight . I was very healthy and fit . I gained weight from illness recently and with being on rest whilst this SCH still drains I'm sure I'm piling weight on . I do try to have a few walks around the house and do light chores , short walks outdoors , but I feel like a big fat wobbly hippo already ( suffered severe body dysmorphia and eating issues most of my life) :cry:

krissie - very nice pic. My guess is girl. :)

I also have a very small SCH (1x1.05 cm) but have not had any bleeding whatsoever from it. At this point my RE has said he thinks it is insignificant and will get reabsorbed but to stay on pelvic rest until next ultrasound where it will hopefully be gone.

Nordicpixie I hope that your bleeding subsides. I've been really exhausted so I know I've gained wigh. However yoga starts again tonight and from Monday when I go back to work going to walk at least 30 mins every day so hopefully that will help. At last weigh in at 12 weeks I had gained 2lbs.

Update went to dr baby is doin fine ! Saw the baby moving around in there and all!

Attachments

• 20170803_120936.jpg
    20170803_120936.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 5
Glad everything is okay, akins!

Nordic, hopefully your bleeding and spotting stops soon. This and last pregnancy I found cramp bark really helpful to stop the cramping and took it whenever I was spotting, bleeding, or cramping badly. It's safe for pregnancy! I was worried about exercise as well because I was super active the last two times. Not this time, especially with the SCH. I plan to start doing prenatal yoga and swimming once my SCH is completely gone!

So happy to hear that Akins.

I've been so exhausted and combined with the heat I've not done much exercise. I go back to work Monday so hopefully that helps. I've only gained 2 lbs so really not bad for as lazy and awful as I've felt.

My last pregnancy I gained about 30 lbs, with most of it in the last 6 weeks. I'd really like to avoid that this time.

Beautiful scan Akins!

Krissie - I definitely get the exhaustion, I am hoping soon I get the 2nd Trimester energy surge!

Thanks to whoever recommended Jane the virgin on netflix in an earlier post, I am addicted! Even my husband is into it!

Officially in the 2nd Trimester this week!

Scan today, all well and edd stayed the same.
Amazing that we still can't feel them when you see how much they wriggle around in there!

Attachments

• _20170803_201124.jpg
    _20170803_201124.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 10
Great scan!
Is 14 weeks 2nd tri? I get confused. The start or the end of 14 weeks?

Lovely scan!

My app has week 13 as second tri. But I know for sure 14+0 is second tri.

Personally, I always feel after the nt scan that I'm 2nd tri. For some reason the anxiety of first tri no longer applies.

Beautiful scan Akins!

Krissie - I definitely get the exhaustion, I am hoping soon I get the 2nd Trimester energy surge!

Thanks to whoever recommended Jane the virgin on netflix in an earlier post, I am addicted! Even my husband is into it!

Officially in the 2nd Trimester this week!

That was me ! I love it , had a break for a week or so and back to watching it again :cloud9:

Feronia same here. I have horses and was riding up until I found out I was expecting again. I've since sold one and just have my youngster . He'll be ready to get backed next summer , perfect timing !! So i have him to look after and that will keep me active over the winter when he's inside again. I can't wait for this SCH to clear . I'm desperate to go swimming and do some hill walking xx

Great scan!
Is 14 weeks 2nd tri? I get confused. The start or the end of 14 weeks?

My app also says the start of 13 weeks, but I always go by the start of 14 weeks. With my date change I am 14 weeks exactly today!

I agree, after the Nuchal and I see that little babe on the screen I always feel more like 2nd Trimester too!

Some resources say 13 weeks, some say 14 weeks. I like going by 13+3 personally since 40/3 is around 13+3. :)

Yeah all my apps say 13 weeks but some website says 14. Il count from tomorrow lol

That's good then :) pretty much 2nd tri. Found out today as well one of ohs friends is due 4th Feb so that's nice :) their 2nd

I braved the scales this morning . After almost 5 weeks of resting I've gained 4lb :dohh: I'd not even gained this much at 20wks last pregnancy. Definitely feeling upset over this as I was already 25lb overweight from illness/injury these last 18 months. So took my first walk today . Just 25 min at a good pace . Can't wait for next scan to get the all clear for swimming , more intense walking etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->