February 2018 - Valentines Babies!

I'm craving canned pears like crazy. I'm also enjoying bbq chips. I usually don't like them so that's different.

I've been craving spaghetti, but I think it's cause I can't have it while pregnant more the an actual craving.

I'm finding the food adversions bad. I can barely tolerate any meat and eggs make me nearly vomit just thinking about them.

I couldnt tolerate meat with my daughter or the smell of it. And i worked at taco bell WHEN i was pregnant with her

Feronia,
How on earth are you going to manage that girl? Are you still on track for your partner to bf? Any chance of getting ahead on some hours in your months off?
My boss told me a couple of weeks ago that she is fine with my using up some leave and going off before Christmas! All being well I'm Def taking her up on that offer!!

NT scan tomorrow, excited! Will be good to finally come clean, especially at work as I've noticed a few lingering glances at my tummy!!!!
Took little one for his 12month jabs yesterday, found it very emotional, more so than normal but i guess 4 jabs doesn't help, poor lad!

Yeah actually akin now it's closer up thinki it's yolk sac Hun.
Feriona that's mental!!!!!!

I have 8 days annual leave. The way our public hol work etc I'm hoping my lady working day is 29th Dec. Mostly because I will come off at 37 weeks. We go back on the 3rd Jan. So f I take 3 days that week and 5 the next there is my 8:) if I'm lucky might get 29th off as well as a flexi day and take 2 days annual leave meaning I actually come off Xmas eve. Though means taking 2 days from next years leave :(

Feronia - I'm in Canada and I've been with the fertility clinic for 4 years. They definitely treat us infertiles as advanced age after 35...sometimes it feels like we may as well be one foot in the grave!
Oh wow, I've had clients come from fertility clinics and they aren't treated any more different in midwifery care. Maybe fertility clinics treat you differently, but that's not based in any evidence!

Feronia,
How on earth are you going to manage that girl? Are you still on track for your partner to bf? Any chance of getting ahead on some hours in your months off?
My boss told me a couple of weeks ago that she is fine with my using up some leave and going off before Christmas! All being well I'm Def taking her up on that offer!!

I don't know how I'm going to manage it, lol. My wife is still inducing lactation (fingers crossed it works) and she's going to start pumping in late December. I'm due Feb 8, and the year is over at the end of March, so I'll at least only need to get through a month and a half left of placement (hopefully with *some* time off during that). I get all of December off at least, but then I'll be back in placement January. I'm hoping that for my OB placement then I can just sit on my ass and let residents do everything, but I know planning to just be lazy isn't the best contingency plan. :haha:

Feronia - That will be very busy, but you have to do what you have to do! I hope you can get a good plan in place and that it all works out smoothly.

Cravings for me... fruit and veggies and poutine, I could eat poutine everyday!

I am hoping to work right up until my due date, however my commute to work is over 3 hours a day (1.5 each way), my hips are already very sore so I am thinking I will be off middle of January.

Oh wow, I've had clients come from fertility clinics and they aren't treated any more different in midwifery care. Maybe fertility clinics treat you differently, but that's not based in any evidence!

Well fertility really does drop once you get to 35. I saw a really significant drop between 34 and 37 firsthand. Not critical, but enough to notice. I am not a midwife candidate, I had to have a c-section even with my first because of uterine rupture issues (I've had multiple uterine surgeries, very complex ones). But the OBs do treat you as AMA at 37. In fact when I got my Panorama test done a few weeks ago, the doctor had actually checked of AMA as the reason ordering the test on the requisition itself. With my first, I was 35 and was referred to genetic counselling in regards to the IPS testing before we had even done it as my OB said it was routinely offered to all AMAs (>35) so I always assumed everyone treated us this way.

It's ok...I don't feel like a dinosaur...most days.

Is anyone looking at pregnancy old wives tales to tell the gender for fun?
My cravings have been a mix of gravy :blue: and sweet items (Ferrari rocher chocolate hmmm) :pink:
I'm showing already :pink:
Lack of proper morning sickness :blue:?
People say my scan looks :blue:

4 weeks til we find out :)

Is anyone looking at pregnancy old wives tales to tell the gender for fun?

With my son every single one of those (plus heartbeat rate, beta HCG number old wives tales) said girl. I had a boy. This time the pregnancy is basically the same but with worse nausea and more exhaustion and it's a girl. So I don't believe in them lol.

3 chords I think they are rubbish cause my pregnancy isn't leaning towards a gender. I like to play though keeps me focussed

I haven't looked much into old wives tales. I did the sneak peek test and it said boy. I'm thinking boy based on my ultrasound pictures today. I've had no morning sickness at all either. Just a little nausea here and there.

My little bean does not like to cooperate for ultrasounds. Hopefully I'll get a good picture next time.

Well fertility really does drop once you get to 35. I saw a really significant drop between 34 and 37 firsthand. Not critical, but enough to notice. I am not a midwife candidate, I had to have a c-section even with my first because of uterine rupture issues (I've had multiple uterine surgeries, very complex ones). But the OBs do treat you as AMA at 37. In fact when I got my Panorama test done a few weeks ago, the doctor had actually checked of AMA as the reason ordering the test on the requisition itself. With my first, I was 35 and was referred to genetic counselling in regards to the IPS testing before we had even done it as my OB said it was routinely offered to all AMAs (>35) so I always assumed everyone treated us this way.
Interesting, more recent evidence suggests that only >40 is considered AMA, but in the last 35+ was. It's because the risk of stillbirth at 39-40 weeks for all ages is 1/1000, but the risk of stillbirth at 39-40 weeks for age ≥ 40 doubles to 2/1000. It doesn't determine how people are treated in pregnancy until the end, where induction is recommended usually at 39 weeks (even in the absence of risk factors). I've had several people over age 40 in midwifery care, but yeah, you don't sound like you should be in midwifery care anyway with your history! There isn't a specific practice protocol, though, regarding AMA so each OB is probably different, but the midwifery clinical practice guideline does refer to being 40+.

IPS was always offered to everyone regardless of age or risk, but yeah, NIPT like the Panorama right now is offered for free here if you're 35+. Now they are switching to eFTS (which I took last week so I'm hoping to get my results back this week)!

I haven't looked much into old wives tales. I did the sneak peek test and it said boy. I'm thinking boy based on my ultrasound pictures today. I've had no morning sickness at all either. Just a little nausea here and there.

I heard that there were law suits involved in the sneak peek test? I also heard that XY results were more common because any contamination at all from XY people will skew the result. At least when you read amazon results there are a ton of people who were told their baby was a boy from sneak peek only to find out at their anatomy scan they were having a girl!

I heard that there were law suits involved in the sneak peek test? I also heard that XY results were more common because any contamination at all from XY people will skew the result. At least when you read amazon results there are a ton of people who were told their baby was a boy from sneak peek only to find out at their anatomy scan they were having a girl!

Yea, I read that after I bought it. I'm a little annoyed with myself for being so impulsive. So now I'm just waiting for my anatomy scan.

Here is my 12 week scan. <3

Attachments

• 20170802_133249-665x629.jpg
    20170802_133249-665x629.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 12
Everyone else is so clear :(. Mine isn't because I had an overly full nodded she told me to empty it but not all the way impossible!!!! So didn't get such a clear picture :(

Great scan krissie!

Im off to dr tomorrow morning! Even though i was there Last tuesday ive have to little spout since my appointment that lasted an hr or less with brownish reddish blood when going to bathroom, so to put my mind at ease going to get everything checked out to see what's going on. Instead of waiting til aug 15th til my 11 week scan. I feel fine no cramping or anything when it has happened both times.

Bittersweet- out of 3 ultrasounds that was the only good picture. This baby is definatley not as cooperative as my son.

Akins- seems like a good idea to get checked. Fx it's nothing serious.

Amazing scan Krissie. I would say :pink: So jealous. Mine is next monday. Still anxious if everythings ok. In my last miscarriage, I had bleeding at the end of week11.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->