February 2018 - Valentines Babies!

Buddysmum, if that white thing is the nub then it's likely a girl, as it is pointing down. My DD had a nub like that at 12.5 weeks and surely she was a girl. But yours could be the cord.

---
Thanks for the guesses ladies. It will be tough staying team :yellow: and I am might be tempted to look during the anomaly scan.

I found baby's heartbeat today on my doppler. I've been trying for weeks now so I'm so excited. I was surprised how far up he is now.

I'm definitely feeling little pings and pops now ! Again , it's only when I'm still or lying down. Probably would go unnoticed by a first or even second time mama. I'm on baby 4 and definitely very in tune with my body though! Can't wait for another few weeks to pass and I get more definite kicks and rolls :cloud9:

I felt a little roll the other night. I'm pretty sure it was baby. Nothing since but I'm hopeful to feel him sooner this time.

I'm bleeding again. Really not feeling hopefully anymore! Scan on Tuesday needs to hurry up!

I've been trying every day on my fetoscope. I know it's early, but some midwives have reported being able to hear as early as 13 weeks. I am tempted to get a doppler but I know if I'm patient and just wait a few more weeks I can just use my fetoscope...

Fingers crossed everything is okay, xkirstyx! You had a subchorionic hematoma, too, right?

I didn't have a sch this pregnancy I've had it with my first two. There was a bleed behind baby at my last scan but with every pregnancy I've always had a small bleed when ever I would be due a period and I just looked and would of been due a period today so I'm hoping it's just that and not a prob with baby. No point phoning epu they don't scan at weekends so may aswell wait till Tuesday unless bleeding gets worse but it seems to be starting to clear up. I'm just resting with my feet up all day today. X

I didn't have a sch this pregnancy I've had it with my first two. There was a bleed behind baby at my last scan but with every pregnancy I've always had a small bleed when ever I would be due a period and I just looked and would of been due a period today so I'm hoping it's just that and not a prob with baby. No point phoning epu they don't scan at weekends so may aswell wait till Tuesday unless bleeding gets worse but it seems to be starting to clear up. I'm just resting with my feet up all day today. X

What a worry for you :hugs: defo stay in bed and rest ! The SCH has me so paranoid , anytime I have s twinge or cramp or feel any discharge (sorry tmi) I instantly dread that I'm bleeding fresh blood again. Keep us updated with how you are though :hugs:

Kristy, the bleed behind the baby IS most likely a SCH! Definitely take it easy, stay hydrated, and avoid sex until you know what's going on. Take care!

There should be zero correlation with expecting a period and spotting. Some people say that, but it's just a coincidence.

Oh really thanks hun. Just light brown cm so far this morning x

Hoping it is nothing xkirstyx, sending positive thoughts your way.

I hope you are all enjoying a relaxing weekend! I am starting to feel movement more often when I am laying in bed. :)

Have any of you thought about what kind of stroller you will get?
We found a used double city select stroller in excellent condition! I wish I would have just bought this one with our first! I just have to find an attachment for the car seat. It felt like Christmas morning when I finally had it home. It's funny the little things that excite us and uplift our days once we have kids.

Attachments

• IMG_2025.jpg
    IMG_2025.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 3
We will just be reusing our stroller from ds. I found I rarely used it as it was so it's not worth investing in a better one. Once he was big enough we just switched to an umbrella stroller and found that was so much easier for us.

I do need to start putting together a short list of items to get. I don't need much, especially if it's another boy. But people are starting to ask so it would be nice to be able to say something.

I'm feeling movements every so often. Last night little bug was really active. I probably had 4 times I could feel him. I checked with my doppler and it's the same spot I'm feeling little pokes, so I'm sure it's baby.

So I had my 12 week scan this morning. The letter said to have a moderately full bladder, so I peed when I got up then had a cup of tea and a glass of water. Went in for the scan and the lady got a bit cross and said my bladder was squashing the baby and told me to go and empty it! Then she told me the baby was lying on its head but she needed it to be horizontal. She couldn't measure it, so after lots of coughing and jumping up and down, to no avail, she told me to go for a walk and have a cup of coffee and a bar of chocolate (this was at 9am...good job my morning sickness is easing!). Went back half an hour later and baby still refusing to move. Cue more coughing, jumping around and tilting the table so my feet were above my head. Baby still not co-operating (hope this isn't a sign of things to come, lol) so she resorted to poking and shaking my belly* :haha: Eventually it straightened out enough to get a NT measurement. So what should have been a 20 minute scan according to letter turned into two hours.

My due date has been moved forwards two days, from 23rd to 21st Feb. Since I ovulated late, I'm kinda surprised. Are dating scans very accurate? Although I did get a positive test at 9dpo, so maybe I just implanted very early....

First trimester dating scans are very accurate, but the earliest ones where the CRL is at least 10 mm are the most accurate. Two days isn't a big deal though!

We never used a stroller for my first, used one for a little bit with my second, but I figure for my third I should probably have one. We got this one (EvenFlo Sibby) because it has a sibling stand area for them to stand, so it can accommodate two kids. I've never used an infant car seat before, we always went right to convertibles, but 3 convertibles do not fit in my Matrix, lol. I hope we like it and use it.

Attachments

• dsc01860_orig.jpg
    dsc01860_orig.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 2
Babies can be so stubborn adastra! Honestly the due date is a just a date, then give or take 2-3 weeks haha. With my son they moved the date back 4 days and he was 11 days late, so who knows how truly accurate it is. It all depends on your own physiology and when the baby is ready. I will update your due date on the front page. :)

It looks great Feronia! The standing bar will be awesome!

Krissie - I am in the same boat, if it is another boy then I have pretty much nothing to buy now, but if it is a girl, let the shopping begin!! ha ha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->